Galley Tour?

Saruman

I guess I haven't really noticed before, but are there free galley tours separate from the Ultimate Ship's Tour and the Chef's Table galley tour? First time cruisers are joining us on our next cruise (aboard the Sapphire) and have expressed interest in doing a galley tour, if possible, but not the bigger events.:confused:

I guess I haven't really noticed before, but are there free galley tours separate from the Ultimate Ship's Tour and the Chef's Table galley tour? First time cruisers are joining us on our next cruise (aboard the Sapphire) and have expressed interest in doing a galley tour, if possible, but not the bigger events.:confused:

We're both foodies, and appreciate what it takes to put dishes together. That said, we've enjoyed the cooking demonstration (in the main theatre) several times - it's a hoot! Galley tour follows right after but once was enought for that part as it does take a while. Both are well worth attending. Check the patters as it's usually offered just once on the 7 day cruises we've been on.

Ah, I remember going to the culinary demo once, but didn't remember there being a galley tour afterward. That may be just the ticket for our friends!

Thank you!

Yes, it's always after the culinary show/demo. It'll probably be held on the last sea day. You'll notice that it will end at the big sale that is being held in one of the dining rooms... :p

The galley tour has become somewhat hit or miss. Just a few years ago each cruise offered no fee individual bridge, engine room and galley tours. They are now packaged within a single comprehensive "Ship's Tour" for $100+.

I suspect the employee who that up received a nice bonus.

Archived