Carnival Triumph Empress Aft Balcony Rooms

chicy724

Hi! My husband and I are looking into scheduling our anniversary cruise in September on the Carnival Triumph. We have never cruised before and are trying to pick a good, quiet cabin.

I believe we've narrowed it down to the Empress Deck, Aft. We are unsure of an aft room in the far rear, 7424-7427 (the 8 on the rear) or 7408, 7412, etc. I thought that side may be better?

Any advice? We would like one that is spacious, balcony room, quiet, etc. We have read that the far rear aft rooms have large balconies, but can get hot. Originally we were looking at 7416/7419 but realized they have queen beds, and actually look smaller though I thought they were bigger at first.

If you have any advice for us as far as booking the best aft balcony, quiet room.. please leave any comments. We are new to this, never sailed before! :D Thanks!

We were on the Empress Mid-Ship on the triumph. There was a couple we met that were in the aft balcony and my husband said - never -- was too noisy for him. It was a constant noise so depending on your ability to block things out, you may get used to it. If you want quieter, I would try to stick with mid-ship. We were directly outside the elevators and although some say not to stay by the elevators, I think that on the Empress deck it's a non-event - we never had any issues.

We were on the Empress Mid-Ship on the triumph. There was a couple we met that were in the aft balcony and my husband said - never -- was too noisy for him. It was a constant noise so depending on your ability to block things out, you may get used to it. If you want quieter, I would try to stick with mid-ship. We were directly outside the elevators and although some say not to stay by the elevators, I think that on the Empress deck it's a non-event - we never had any issues.

Thank you- that's interesting. I have read many people saying online that it is extremely quiet aft. We will see. We booked an aft balcony last night. :)

Are you talking aft facing, or just in the aft? Unless you booked a extended balcony it will be standard size. The cabins are the same size as a inside...not spacious. ..so I was at a loss about that word. Standard balconys just are not spacious. You have a 3.5 ft X 10 ft balcony..enough for a regular chair, cant lay out unless you booked a more expensive extended balcony. You can look at the deck plans and see which are extended.

Are you talking aft facing, or just in the aft? Unless you booked a extended balcony it will be standard size. The cabins are the same size as a inside...not spacious. ..so I was at a loss about that word. Standard balconys just are not spacious. You have a 3.5 ft X 10 ft balcony..enough for a regular chair, cant lay out unless you booked a more expensive extended balcony. You can look at the deck plans and see which are extended.

Orignally we were looking into regular balcony in the aft section and aft extended balcony room. We decided to go with a regular balcony, room 74xx. I do not recall the exact room number and I cannot seem to load my reservation or deck plan right now. (Internet issues) We wanted to be close to the end so that we will have less balconies to the left of us. We are not looking to sun on the balcony. It is our first cruise so we will be spending a lot of time doing a lot of things on the ship as well as excursions at the ports.

We did a lot of researching and looking at deck plans. We went with the Empress deck because it will be quieter (so we've read).

• 1 year later...

I just changed our room on the Triumph from 1056, a forward balcony on the 10th deck to to room 7428 which is reported to be an extended aft facing balcony. I've heard several people talk about heat on the balcony in that area and about soot. We are Cruising May 7th so I'm not so concerned about heat as I primarily use the balcony first thing in morning and last thing at night but I am concerned about soot. Has anyone else had this room??? Did you have a soot problem? Is it just a thin dusting that requires you to wipe down the chairs in the morning before sitting or is there soot falling into your morning coffee and filling your lungs as you sit there???:eek: Did I make a mistake with this change?

It is room 7404.

I LOVE cabin # 7391. (and stay in that area when booking that type of ship)

there is no across the way neighbor- the grey area is the fire doors.

quick, easy access to elevators/ stairs. up two decks for food- down two decks for entertainment. very little traveling.

here is a photo of what your balcony will look like.

525393038mcdEJU_th.jpg

it is not spacious by any means

I just changed our room on the Triumph from 1056, a forward balcony on the 10th deck to to room 7428 which is reported to be an extended aft facing balcony. I've heard several people talk about heat on the balcony in that area and about soot. We are Cruising May 7th so I'm not so concerned about heat as I primarily use the balcony first thing in morning and last thing at night but I am concerned about soot. Has anyone else had this room??? Did you have a soot problem? Is it just a thin dusting that requires you to wipe down the chairs in the morning before sitting or is there soot falling into your morning coffee and filling your lungs as you sit there???:eek: Did I make a mistake with this change?

when people talk about the "heat" they are talking about there is no ocean breezes back there. The balcony does tend to stay warm.

I have not had soot problems but we also wiped everything down anyways just in case.

You do not want to leave anything out there overnight.

Everyone should try an aft balcony at least once.

they are now out of my price range

Archived