Taxi cab to meagans bay STVI

farnamcoach

Has anyone out there gone on there own to meagans bay in St. Thomas and if so is it easy to get a cab back to the ship? Are they waiting in the parking lot at the beach?.. Want to go when on the Seranade next week but the ships excursion seems like to short a time at the beach.

Yes ,we always go on our own.Plenty of cabs there to take you back when you are ready.Some drivers who bring you also ask what time you would like to go back and they return to pick you up. All very easy and certainly cheaper than the ships excursions.

Thanks we cruise often but never venture on our own. Except in Bermuda

St Thomas is one of the easiest places to get around on your own....plenty of taxis when you get off the ship and plenty to bring you back from the beaches. Megans Bay charges an entrance fee but some of the other beaches are free to get in.

Can you suggest any other beach ?

Magens Bay was about a $12 taxi ride (for two people) from the ship and well worth the $4.00 fee. There are also a line of taxis waiting for you when you are ready to go... if not, there is somone manning the taxi station, and they will have one there for you within a few minutes.

I would also highly recommend Sapphire Beach... its free and like Magens, you can rent loungers and such.... but the views and pictures are absolutely amazing! Its very cheap to rent snorkling equipment if you want to, and the fish and coral reefs that you can access right from the beach are really great.

When my wife and I went to Magens in Sept, 3/4 of the shore was inhabited by a very large school of 'bait fish' (so we couldn't swim in those areas) which brought in some larger fish to feed on... and there were 4 or 5 pellicans diving into the school as well... very cool to witness the arial show... not so cool for the swimming that day.

Megan's Bay is beautiful, except when there are a lot of ships in town!

I haven't been to Saphire beach but hear it is beautiful. My boss' daughter lived in St. Thomas, and they always went to St. John for the beaches. Taxis are very plentiful and will take you anywhere you need to go. St. John is a ferry ride away. I think we're going to hit Sapphire or St John's this year for a change. Have fun!

I would highly recommend taking the ferry to St. John. You will not be disappointed. We did it own our own without a problem. Just take a taxi to Red Hook get on the ferry and then when you get off ferry at St John you will need to take a taxi to Trunk Bay. It is absolutely gorgeous! Well worth going there!!!

Can you suggest any other beach ?

Two of my favorites are Sapphire beach and Coki beach. Both have a restaurant & bar and loungers for rent.

Trunk Bay at St John is also a beautiful place to visit but requires some planning. You have to take a taxi from the ship to Red Hook to catch the ferry which runs on the hour so plan accordingly. In other words if you arrive there at 10:15, you will have to wait til 11 to catch the next ferry. Once you get over to St John, take a taxi to Trunk Bay. There is an entrance fee....I think it was $4/pp. Same with coming back...plan your day so you have plenty of time to catch the ferry back. Well worth the trip.

Archived