Urgent - need info on last minute cancellation

DocM4

We are sailing on Wedneday (Golden to Hawaii) Our friends were to travel with us and just now I have learned that one of them is very ill - something about liver, kidneys etc - In any event - They didn't buy the insurance - he thought that something provided by his credit card company covered it (I doubt that). Soo IF he doesn't have any coverage do you suppose Princess will give them a future cruise credit??

He will call the travel agent now but any advise you can offer would be

helpful.

Thanks much.

He can always call but it's highly unlikely he'll receive a refund or future credit. That's what insurance is for and if they give a refund or future credit, why buy insurance? Every now and then, if a ship is sold out and there are GTY cabins still to be filled, they will give a future credit. But that's very rare.

I'm sorry for your friend and wish him a speedy recovery.

He should definitely contact his credit card if he thinks he has coverage through them. I know the reward credit card I have does have coverage for this type of thing as long as I paid the entire fare with the card. You do have to contact them, and file a claim within so many days. Be sure to have them do that.

I hope your friends are able to get a refund and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Awwww, that's such a shame Betty! Tell Joanne to feel better, I'm bummed we're losing one of our 4 Joannes!! Especially when she spells her name right! :)

See you onboard! Safe travels for you & Malc!

Joanne & Mike

...at this point they can probably still change 1 guest in the cabin. I'd rather let another friend go in my place if I'm going to lose all the money anyway...

The cruise is two days off as I write, you have forgotten about I.C.E. If Princess were to greese the skids for the entire process, I think they still need 72 hours with a first timer on Princess.

I was offered a last minute deal ONE time. At the time of that offer the clock was down to 54 hours.

Cruise passenger manifest must be submitted one hour before sailing. Most cruiselines require 90 minutes prior to check-in which allows them 30 minutes to put the manifest together for submission. Each cruiseline can, of course, set their own requirements for booking. I'm also not sure what/if Princess uses for their advance booking limit, but I do know from another thread that Carnival has allowed booking ~20 hours prior to a cruise.

If your friend thinks they might be covered with their credit card, then they should be the first port of call (pardon the pun). I know that some credit card companies here in the UK, offer free travel insurance, if their card is used to pay for the holiday.

In my case I have free travel insurance with my bank account, but I don't think that happens in the US.

I would call the credit card company asap.

Good luck.

Matthew

Archived