Mercury's Last Run

davehau

So, I happened to get off work a bit before 4 today, so wandered down by the Key Bridge to see one of my favorites begin her last cruise as the Mercury.

mercury_departc_t.jpg

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)

Sad to know it was her last run as Mercury, but glad I got a chance to see her once again....:) Have made a lot of great memories on that ship (and her sister the Galaxy).

Hope all aboard enjoy a great cruise, I know the crew will be the best right up till the last guest walks ashore in 12 days.

So, I happened to get off work a bit before 4 today, so wandered down by the Key Bridge to see one of my favorites begin her last cruise as the Mercury.

mercury_departc_t.jpg

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)

Sad to know it was her last run as Mercury, but glad I got a chance to see her once again....:) Have made a lot of great memories on that ship (and her sister the Galaxy).

Hope all aboard enjoy a great cruise, I know the crew will be the best right up till the last guest walks ashore in 12 days.

Hi Davehau !

Outstanding photo. To all fans of Mercury, the shadows are profound. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, BonnieVA and Andy for the kind words. I made quite a few images, but liked this one with the shadows and the bridge trailing away.

Hey Dave! Remember us on Galaxy one year doing that same pose under the Key Bridge? Nice shot. I hope you are well.

Phil

Of course I remember that one, Phil. I also seem to recall an image somewhere of you in an easyCruise orange tux that someone (who coulda?) doctored up for these boards....;) I've been away from the boards for quite a while, but doing well.

Sliding under the Key Bridge while on the upper decks is one of the things that makes cruising out of Baltimore a great experience. It was quite windy yesterday, but I was happy to see a lot of folks out on Mercury experiencing the sight. Was on board one of RCL's ships this summer with the 3 kids, and watching them as it seemed the stacks were going to hit the bridge was a blast.

I may be able to catch Mercury one more time next Saturday as she comes in for the final time. I have a shot of Galaxy departing Baltimore for the last time, and wouldn't mind a matched pair.

Don't think I'll see another Celebrity vessel under that bridge again, but it was fun while it lasted....

Dave

Of course I remember that one, Phil. I also seem to recall an image somewhere of you in an easyCruise orange tux that someone (who coulda?) doctored up for these boards....;) I've been away from the boards for quite a while, but doing well.

Sliding under the Key Bridge while on the upper decks is one of the things that makes cruising out of Baltimore a great experience. It was quite windy yesterday, but I was happy to see a lot of folks out on Mercury experiencing the sight. Was on board one of RCL's ships this summer with the 3 kids, and watching them as it seemed the stacks were going to hit the bridge was a blast.

I may be able to catch Mercury one more time next Saturday as she comes in for the final time. I have a shot of Galaxy departing Baltimore for the last time, and wouldn't mind a matched pair.

Don't think I'll see another Celebrity vessel under that bridge again, but it was fun while it lasted....

You have a good memory. I'd forgotten about the orange tux.:)

Yes, it didn't seem to miss the bridge by much. Hope you get a final shot as she passes by. Keep well.

Phil

Archived