Altun Ha???

murphfam4

My DH and I are doing a private tour in March with Ivar Marchand (recommended by many on the message boards)

His pricing seems reasonable and he will put together a tour based on what you like and/or want to see

We are going to be doing the ruins (Altun Ha) and the Belize Zoo

He is also including lunch, snacks, water, juices, etc.

His email is pbuay@yahoo.com

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone book an excursion through this company? belizecruiselogo.jpg

Kids want to see some ruins and this looks like you don't have to drive too far.... If not any suggestions would be great!

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/AltunHa.htm

we have used this company to tour the Altun Ha. (it comes with a guide which is great because we have no idea what we were looking at or why.

We went in Sept and it was extremely hot+ take some water.

We arrived BEFORE the Carnival tour-- and were still there when the carnival tour took off.

It is a drive through the city to get to the ruins. The cost includes your admissions too. On the way back we stopped for lunch cooked by the locals. Very nice lunch- (monkeys were in the trees)

You catch thier van/bus at the terminal (the guy will have a sign)

we have used this company to tour the Altun Ha. (it comes with a guide which is great because we have no idea what we were looking at or why.

We went in Sept and it was extremely hot+ take some water.

We arrived BEFORE the Carnival tour-- and were still there when the carnival tour took off.

It is a drive through the city to get to the ruins. The cost includes your admissions too. On the way back we stopped for lunch cooked by the locals. Very nice lunch- (monkeys were in the trees)

You catch thier van/bus at the terminal (the guy will have a sign)

We are thinking of using this company too and this is the first recent review I have seen. Glad to see it was a positive experience. There have been reports that the vans used were not good condition. Did your van seem OK and did it have A/C?

Does the tour actually stop at the Swinging Bridge, Catherdral, Court Building, etc during the Belize City part of the tour or is it just a drive-by type tour? These building are mentioned on the website but only mentions stopping for lunch. I am a cathedral buff so would love to get some pictures to add to my collection :).

Archived