Transfer reservations Airport to Rome and Rome to port and back to airport

terri1020

I know this has probably been asked a dozen times but I'm having trouble with the search option.

My daughter and son-in-law will be on their honeymoon beginning in Rome June 8, 2011. They sail on June 12, so they will have several days based in Rome. I'm looking for transfers from the airport to the hotel in Rome, from the hotel in Rome to the cruise port and from the cruise port back to the airport. I would appreciate any direction.

They are also looking for tours of Pompeii from Rome if anyone has had a positive experience with that. They would like to get as many things booked before they leave as possible but that is a daunting task for sure!

It sounds like you are looking for something similar to what we have reserved.

Based on the MANY recommendations from both this board and Tripadvisor, we've reserved Rome In Limo to pick us up at the airport and transfer to our rental apartment for our pre-cruise stay in Rome; the next day we have a 6 hr. guided tour of the Vatican booked; later in week we have a private excursion to Pompeii/Heraculeum booked; then on the day of our cruise they will pick us up to transfer to port; and on day we get back from cruise they will pick us up at the port and transfer us to airport in Rome.

There's an entire thread about them. I compared prices before booking and they were either the same or lower than others. Jany is the contact person and she is wonderful to work with.

They are also looking for tours of Pompeii from Rome if anyone has had a positive experience with that. They would like to get as many things booked before they leave as possible but that is a daunting task for sure!

Do they realize that Pompei is three hours (driving time) from Rome? That's a lot of travel for a day trip.

There are private tours, as already mentioned, but they are quite expensive. There are also bus tours from Rome to Pompei, which are quite a bit less expensive, but you are tied to their schedule.

Another option is to do it themselves. It's actually quite easy - I did it when I was in Rome for a month - and now it's even better with the high speed trains.

The train from Rome to Naples takes one hour and ten minutes. They would change at Napoli Centrale to the Circumvesuviana train (tracks are on the lower level of Napoli Centrale) which has a stop right at the entrance to the ruins. The Naples to Pompei train takes 35 minutes.

Wanttocruisemore, that is EXACTLY what they are looking to do while in Rome. Would you care to share prices with me? You can email them to me if you don't want to put them on the boards at tdilalo at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Also, I did check out Rome Cabs and will try and get prices on the same services.

Hi Terri, I recently posted a similar question for transfers and possible pre/post cruise day tours from Rome with RomeCabs because we wanted a company that's reliable as well as fairly priced, and from the positive feedback we received, we booked them for transfers from airport/hotel, then hotel/Civitavecchia, and also on the way back after the cruise.

Since a lot of people who replied had positive experiences on tours with them, we're looking at the different tours the have that we'd like to take....it is a daunting task for sure because there is so much to see in such a short time, and we're trying to pick places that the whole family would enjoy. I noticed they also offer tours to Pompeii. My husband and I got adventurous years ago and took the train from Rome to Pompeii and back in one day. We didn't plan ahead, and just showed up in Pompeii, there were all these people hustling tours, nearly missed the train on the way back, it was exhausting- and we didn't feel like doing anything the next day, we were still so tired. If we had to do it over again, we'd book a driver and a guide ahead of time and do it right. Anyway, congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law, I hope they have the time of their lives on the cruise and in Rome, and a long, wonderful & happy life together!

:)

I know this has probably been asked a dozen times but I'm having trouble with the search option.

My daughter and son-in-law will be on their honeymoon beginning in Rome June 8, 2011. They sail on June 12, so they will have several days based in Rome. I'm looking for transfers from the airport to the hotel in Rome, from the hotel in Rome to the cruise port and from the cruise port back to the airport. I would appreciate any direction.

Talk with Romeinlimo.com They are excellent with tours and transfers. There are MANY reviews on here if you do a search. They also do a great day trip to Pompeii and Sorrento. Don't listen to anyone with advice on not going.... It is a GREAT tour. It is a bit of a drive, but it's not bad and it's TOTALLY worth the tour. They have a tour that picks you up at your hotel and they do a 12 hour tour... We visited Pompeii and Sorrento with an incredible lunch just outside Sorrento. Sure, Pompeii and Sorrento are easier from Naples on a cruise, but if you are staying in Rome for a period of time, a Pompeii tour is incredible.

Have a great time and feel free to ask any questions. My husband and I got married on a cruise ship... in Barcelona. They will have a great honeymoon I am sure!:)

Wanttocruisemore, that is EXACTLY what they are looking to do while in Rome. Would you care to share prices with me? You can email them to me if you don't want to put them on the boards at tdilalo at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Also, I did check out Rome Cabs and will try and get prices on the same services.

I don't mind posting what they quoted me, I just have to go back and find it in my emails. But remember that my quotes are for 9 people, so we require a larger vehicle (and lots of luggage). Because of this you may want to just email them and ask for the price for 2. It will be considerably less than what we will be paying and will give you a much better comparisom of apples to apples when emailing the others. It will be tomorrow before I get a chance to find all of them and by that time Jany would have already emailed you back with RIL's quotes. She really is great!

You'll likely find private transfer prices quite high because Rome, FCO airport, and Civitavecchia(port) are not near each other.

• FCO -> Rome downtown; take the Leonardo Express train (€10/ea) to a Rome Station near their hotel
  • Rome -> Civitavecchia; take the train again, it drops you 4 blocks from the port, where a shuttle takes you to your ship within the port complex (€8)
  • Civitavecchia->FCO; this is the one place where a shuttle might be worth it, but the best bet is check your Role Call forum for other people, you'll save a bunch by putting a group together.

I used viator.com for transfer from FCO to Rome Hotel at around $23 pp, totally booked and paid for before we ever left home in US $$. It was like Super Shuttle (a shared van). There was only one other couple on the van with us, because we arrived around 9:30 pm, and was at the hotel in Rome by 10:30 pm.

Then we found two other couples on our Roll Call on this Board, that were at hotels close to the Vatican (3 different hotels) but Rome Cab picked each of us up, so the 6 of us rode in a Mercedes Van to Civitavecchia for 30 EUR pp (total of 180 EUR). It's not going to be cheap being only two people. Taxis or private driver will run around 120 EUR.

Can't say for the return from Civitavecchia as we ended our cruise in Venice.

I did use viator.com for a number of tours in Rome and Venice, but I also booked a couple of tours on the ship, and we also did a couple of ports on our own (no tours at all).

Just be forewarned to have a Plan "A" and a Plan "B" for when Plan A falls apart. Take half the clothes you think you need and double the money.

Congratulations and Good Luck to the Newlyweds!

Decide how best to use your time. Is 6 or 7 hours traveling worth the 2 or 3 hours in Pompeii? Only you can decide. We have been fortunate to travel to Rome 3 different times. We have always used Rome Cabs and been pleased. One thing I would REALLY suggest is that on cruise day, you arrange a private transfer from Rome to the ship that tours through the countryside, stopping for lunch at a local country inn. We have done this twice, hooking up with other people on our cruise RollCall, and it has given us some of our nicest memories. You can find my cruise reviews for these trips on Cruise Critic.

We used ROME LIMOUSINE PLUS (Pierpaolo Palla) in November 2010 and were VERY pleased with the prices and service. I confirmed the reservation the evening before from our hotel and they called again in the evening to say they would be arriving 15 minutes earlier.

Archived