Best Excursions for Family

lmsdf

HMC is a beach day...no need to do any excursion, unless you really want to. The only 'excursions' are the ship's there. A BBQ lunch is part of your day, and there are plenty of loungers and beach areas to enjoy.

What sort of things do you enjoy? Active and physical, or tours/history/shopping?

We like to be active and have fun. No tours. I was thinking snorkeling and parasailing at HMC and Blue Lagoon in Nassau. Not really sure what to do in Grand Turk. Either hang out at beach & pool, or rent golf cart.

We like to be active and have fun. No tours. I was thinking snorkeling and parasailing at HMC and Blue Lagoon in Nassau. Not really sure what to do in Grand Turk. Either hang out at beach & pool, or rent golf cart.
This is only my thought about the pier in GT - I know there are folks that love the port area. The first time we visited GT in 2009, on Miracle, we stayed at the cruise port. The pool was crowded, as was the beach area - and the swimming area really wasn't that nice. The bottom was rocky and there was slime in the water. When DH and sons went into the water, we had people trying to commandeer their beach chairs. And Margaritaville was expensive. Next time (Pride in July 2010), we went down the beach to Jack's Shack. Much less crowded, better swimming, and really good rum punch.:D

we did the sting ray excursion in grand turk amd ds was 12 at the time and loved it. You take a small boat ride to an tiny island and they help you see, touch and feed the stingraysand you can actually hold one., they show you how to get a conch out of its shell and you can try some of it if you want (DS said it tasted like chicken) Afterwards there is time to snorkle past where the stingrays are swinning or you could explore the island or relax on the beach. They will even video tape it and you can buy a copy that they will mail to you. We bought one and it was nicely done. We did both HMC sting ray and the Grand turk one and the grand turk was so much better. The HNC one is just a small ropped off area that you have to stand in line to feed them and you can swin ariound after - but like i said it was a small area and we didnt really see much sealife there becides the sting rays.

the pool there is wonderful as well as the beach and we had time for all 3 at grand turk

Archived