Rain, drinks, smokes and fun on Radiance! Pictorial review, 2/10/11.

DarthGrady

Darth - Tremendous review and awesome pics. You really bring the ship to life! I am taking the family on the march 28th 5 day to Cozumel and Costa Maya and you really have me fired up! Thanks!

I will be on the March 28th sailing with my family as well. This review is awesome. I have never been on the Radiance, but feel like I have from all the great stuff I read on CC.

Very nice pics! What cigars did you get specifically and from where?

I took mine on board with me. They were Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut that I got from a local shop. If I recall correctly my friend had a Romeo y Julieta and a Macanudo, but I don't remember the editions.

We shared a box of 5 Guantanamera Decimos just for fun, and to say we smoked a few Cubans while we were on vacation. We got them at the Aldeasa Shop in the International Pier shopping plaza. I did some research online and found that they are an authorized Habanos retailer. I wasn't expecting much since they are the bargain brand tourist Havanas. But they actually weren't bad, a decent mild smoke for a very low price. Nothing a connoisseur would want, but I'm definitely not a connoisseur! :D

I assume the Celebrity Century was originally heading for our pier, but they ended up downtown. Im guessing the 30-40 mile per hour gusts had something to do with it.

232323232%7Ffp433%3C%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3A%3C56%3B%3A2326nu0mrj

Yes we were! My dh and I were on the ship and they announced early that some excursions would be canceled and the Captain used the "Celebrity" name to get us the downtown dock (rolls eyes icon, lol). We got off and RAN to the mall, hit some stores downtown and RAN back. It was the worst weather we've had in 10 cruises.

We spent the afternoon at the movie theater drinking specialty coffees to warm up and in the Persian Garden reading. It was an awesome day! Ok, so maybe the specialty coffees helped!

Thanks for the great review and all the pictures! Our first cruise was on Radiance and it's still my favorite ship. I absolutely love all the glass onboard and the views! There are so many places to sit and relax. I think the Schooner Bar on Radiance is one of the best and so is The Colony Club.

Archived