Rain, drinks, smokes and fun on Radiance! Pictorial review, 2/10/11.

DarthGrady

Just wanted to THANK YOU for getting so many wonderful pictures that really showed the beauty of the Radiance. I just re-lived the trip, strolling with your pictures through all the venues.......along with the wind, rain and crashing waves on shore!

We (DS and I) were on the previous leg in cabin #1600 and noticed the blowers outside of #1602 on day 2 or 3 of the 5 days. I think it just stayed a day or two. Minette was also our cabin attendant and we think she did a great job.

We (DS, DH and I) were then fortunate enough to have cabin #1558 on the second leg of the B2B. You took some beautiful pics after we left. Looks like Anthony cleaned up pretty quickly as we were off in group 1.

Thank you very much for helping us re-live the too quick cruise on the Beautiful Radiance.

Wow, thats a helluva suite you guys had. Did someone have a birthday? :)

While Radiance is nice, Serenade is IMO an even better ship. Little improvements, like shower doors instead of curtains etc.

Now thats a good little pearl of wisdom. I hate shower curtains. The doors are vastly superior! Is Serenade the only one in the class that has them? I ask because Jewel is coming to Tampa next season, so a cruise on her might be in our near future.

Now thats a good little pearl of wisdom. I hate shower curtains. The doors are vastly superior! Is Serenade the only one in the class that has them? I ask because Jewel is coming to Tampa next season, so a cruise on her might be in our near future.

I would like to know about this too. My sister is graduating from pharmacy school in May, and my husband and I would like to take her on a cruise for graduation... seriously thinking a Radiance class ship would be perfect! I can't stand shower curtains either, and, if I have the choice, would prefer a ship without them. I'm very anxious to see what ships are where when they release the latest itineraries... less than a month!

Hi Grady,

It was indeed my sister's birthday on Friday the 11th. Anthony 'found' the Happy Birthday sign for the door......I started to take credit but she knew by my smile - and DH look of surprise - that I was not responsible:o.

On DS birthday Anthony came into the cabin and played on the piano and sang 'Happy Birthday' to my DS!! He said he had been practicing just for that night as he had never done it before.......it was incredibly sweet and thoughtful of him.

DS and I met Anthony our cabin attendant for cabin #1558, on the very first day of the first leg. We boarded the ship and headed right to #1600 to check out our 'home' for the next 5 days. He looked at us - we smiled and said hello, he smiled and called us by FIRST NAME! He remembered us from October on the Enchantment - although not our cabin attendant on our cruise back then, he worked deck 8 where our cabin was located. When asked, he said he just remembered our smiles and that we stopped to chat with him every time we saw him.

Was a great time despite the weather........the cabin certainly helped!

Thanks for the great pics.

We were on the Radiance in August in Alaska, what a beautiful ship! This post brought back so many wonderful memories. We have cruised with a few different lines and RCL is definatly our favorite.

FYI - we just came off the Navigator and they have shower doors.

Of the 4 Radiance class ships, Jewel & Serenade have shower doors. Brilliance and Radiance have curtains. Jewel's my favorite ship - so try her out for me.

Thank you for another one of your great photo reviews. It's nice to see such a contrast to the person who posted a couple days ago and said they hated the Radiance. I believe they were on your same cruise.

Hmm, I must have missed that one. Luckily my only complaint is with whoever orders the weather. :D

we were on this cruise (as well as the next one) and fell in love with the radiance. even with less than desirable weather, we had a great time! my only complaint that i wrote on the survey was that there weren't enough vegetables on the buffet at night in the windjammer. for some, that would ruin their week, but that's the only complaint that i could come up with:) can't wait to go on the jewel next year!

This review was so helpful! I'm cruising on Radiance soon and it is so comforting to see a good review. The pictures helped me visualize the ship and took away some of my anxiety. I'm so sorry about the weather, but I'm so glad everyone seemed to have had a great time!

Thanks again!

This review was so helpful! I'm cruising on Radiance soon and it is so comforting to see a good review. The pictures helped me visualize the ship and took away some of my anxiety. I'm so sorry about the weather, but I'm so glad everyone seemed to have had a great time!

Thanks again!

You're most welcome. Hope you enjoy it your cruise!

Many thanks for your excellent review and fabulous pictures! Contemplating taking my two kids (DD is 14 and DS is 13) on her for spring break in April (if there is a cabin available for three, which seems to be dicey at the moment). We've sailed on Sovereign, Vision, Voyager and Freedom class ships in the past but not Radiance class and really yearn to experience the openness to the sea that Radiance offers. Here's hoping!

• 9 months later...
Hi just wondering if you could tell me what deck this is on and how to access this area? Thanks! :)

To get to the heli-pad, just go out onto the open promenade that encircles deck 5 and walk all the way forward. There will be staircases on either side that lead up to the bow.

To get to the heli-pad, just go out onto the open promenade that encircles deck 5 and walk all the way forward. There will be staircases on either side that lead up to the bow.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I actually meant the area on the first few photos of your post. Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I actually meant the area on the first few photos of your post. Thanks again! :)

Oh, that observation deck is above the bridge. Go to deck 12, walk all the way forward and you're there. There is a lower observation area forward on deck 11, accessible via stairs forward on deck 12.

• 1 year later...

Archived