Price drop rules?

RAMSJUNKIE887

Ive already got a balcolny on the lido deck mid ship I paid for 2 people and the price was $1808.00 today I looked and it has droped to $1638.00 thats a pretty large drop but the only rooms left to upgrade too are suites And I dont think they will give me OBC because the cruise is paid in full. Am I just losing $180 dollars and theres nothing I can do about it?? any help is appriciated.

I think you are out of luck. I just had this happen to me a few days ago. The price dropped, I called Carnival and since I didn't book ES, I could not get a refund, credit, etc. since it was after FINAL PAYMENT.

I was able to upgrade to a nicer room though.

I would just call Carnival and ask what they can do for you.

good luck

I think you are out of luck. I just had this happen to me a few days ago. The price dropped, I called Carnival and since I didn't book ES, I could not get a refund, credit, etc. since it was after FINAL PAYMENT.

I was able to upgrade to a nicer room though.

I would just call Carnival and ask what they can do for you.

good luck

I called and I have the nicest balcolny availble i belive catagory 8E on the lido deck, the only rooms availble that are better than mine are suties and there not gonna upgrade me to a suite so unless a room opens up thats between what I have and a suite I guess I am SOL.

I did the same thing. Called and booked/paid past guest rate. Paid in full (<60 days b4 sail). No OBC or anything like that but...... I have called twice (2 drops). 1st call ($85 drop) I got upgraded to a higher deck (no cost). 2nd drop ($20 drop) & call, I was able to upgrade to an ext balcony for $30 total. It's gonna depend on ship and state room availability of course, but at least call a couple of times if you need to.

;)

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, so I wouldn't say you're sol - but next time if you want guaranteed credit for price drops, book further out and pick the early saver rate. Of course there are penalties that come along with that rate, but with a little risk can come big rewards.

Am I correct in thinking that you have to book early saver? Fun saver will get you nothing????? Plus we are paid in full. I think we're just out the money.

Yes, to take advantage of price drops you either have to book early saver or the date has to be prior to final payment date. If you're 3 months out from your cruise, even though you've MADE the fnial payment, you could modify. It's the date cut off that matters.

No just put it on my credit card about 2 monthis ago. So what does that mean since I didnt book early saver?

Are you sure you didn't book early saver? What rate did you book- do you know? If you don't know for sure- call and ask. And take a screen shot of the price so that you can submit it is you find you did. There is nothing about having put it on your credit card that means it wasn't early saver- and it is often the cheapest rate. I'd find out for sure before throwing your hands up.

Are you sure you didn't book early saver? What rate did you book- do you know? If you don't know for sure- call and ask. And take a screen shot of the price so that you can submit it is you find you did. There is nothing about having put it on your credit card that means it wasn't early saver- and it is often the cheapest rate. I'd find out for sure before throwing your hands up.

It's a 7 day cruise that was booked 2 months ago that leaves next month.

ES rates for 7 day cruises end at 5 months.

Bill

Has anyone had this happen? Say you book an 8A cabin under Early Saver, all the 8A cabins are sold out and after final payment the 8B cabin price is lower than the 8A price. You want to keep the cabin you have but want the OBC. Has this worked for anyone?

Has anyone had this happen? Say you book an 8A cabin under Early Saver, all the 8A cabins are sold out and after final payment the 8B cabin price is lower than the 8A price. You want to keep the cabin you have but want the OBC. Has this worked for anyone?

I'm interested to know the answer to this too...

What OBC? There is no OBC, there is no cabin in your category. It is upgrade on nothing.

please sombody help me here am I just SOL?

Unless you booked Early Saver, you are SOL....

The biggest advantage to buying the Early Saver is exactly that....to get a reduced price or OBC if the price falls.

It's not that way with any other fare......period.....

Hi all,

This is a very interesting topic, especially since I am new to cruises.

I booked our family cruise via a travel agent. So my question is do I monitor the price on the agency's web site or Carnival's?

Thanks.

Doesnt matter where you monitor it, as all advertised prices are the same. Carnival doesnt allow anyone to advertise a lower price.

Your only option is upgrade if a cabin becomes available. Keep checking as people do cancel. I was able to upgrade from a 7a to an 8k on my upcoming cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line. Early saver-past final payment, ect...... We booked late and paid in full. 3 price drops & have been upgraded 3 times. 1st one free/2nd one $20 or $30, 3rd time free. No OBC, but we've gone from 8D to 9A with just phone calls. We actully up then/down graded from 9A to aft ext (8M?), as the 9A was obstructed & had a bank of 2 elevators adj to front wall (looked like a big room tho!)

Keep calling Carnival or your TA every time the price drops.

:cool:

I called and I have the nicest balcolny availble i belive catagory 8E on the lido deck, the only rooms availble that are better than mine are suties and there not gonna upgrade me to a suite so unless a room opens up thats between what I have and a suite I guess I am SOL.

RamsJunkie887,

IMO, a balcony on Lido is better than a suite because the location is better. Prior to ES when Carnival used to grant OBC for price drops I declined upgrades from Panorama to suites simply because I liked the location much better than Empress deck 7 suites. The OBC was nice too, but since Early Saver began the only OBC for price drops after final payment is for Early Saver bookings.

My Daughter is booked ES in an 8B balcony. They are currently sold out, but an 8D was available for less than what she paid. She got $60 OBC by just submitting the form to Carnival. Never hurts to ask!

Archived