Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Then we went up the stair from deck 9 to David’s Steakhouse on Deck 10, Mid. We love how it’s wide open. They have dining tables on both floors. We have reservations for tomorrow night for 6 p.m which I made on line about a month before leaving. Stairs above the Atrium leading from the Mermaid Grill to David’s Steakhouse.

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

Mike, thanks for the great review and for posting the article about Tracy. I wish her (and you and your kids) all the best. I do understand about the sheets - when my oldest son started at the US Merchant Marine Academy last year, a number of the first-years learned to sleep on top of the sheets so they didn't mess them up before inspection.;)

Hi Mike and Tracy

I commented a few times on your B2B's and really enjoy your reviews. Mike, I think you should get a job with the cruise line and your job is to just review the trips.

Good luck to Tracy in her new adventures

Thank you 99Cruiser, glad your enjoying this one too. I would love the job! :D

Thanks Mike, for once again taking the time to past another fabulous review! Best of wishes to your entire family while Tracy is away, and Godspeed her journey and return!

BTW ~ the Pride is a gorgeous ship! Your pictures make me even more excited to sail the Miracle next month, which will be our first trip on a Spirit class ship. We'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, and... oh yeah!... that reminds me! DH still needs to read your proposal review so he can get the "hint"! LOL!

Take care! Leah

Thank you Leah, congratulations on your 15th, here's hoping he gets the hint. :)

Hey Mike and Tracy..

Loving your review as always!!;)

Mike just wanted you to know it was too funny.. I was reading the local intranet at work that has newspapers from across Canada and I came across your story in your local paper... I said hey I know those people LOL:p

Very nice story so happy for your whole family and hope the time goes by very fast for you all:)

And I think Tracy will have no problem keeping some of the boys out there in line :D

Thanks KruznKel, I agree that Tracy won't have any problems keeping up with most of them. :)

What a wonderful article Mike! I know I am not alone in saying that I hope you keep your CC "family" updated on Tracy. And if she is allowed mail, maybe we could all send her cards to help her through the difficult days ahead. I for one would love for her to know she has the support of this community too! (as do you and the kids!)

Did I miss something? Where is your daughter? I loved your last review and couldn't pass up reading another. I'm not even sailing on the Pride but enjoy the trip through your eyes so much I just have to read along! Wish Tracy all the best. Hopefully the 6 months will fly by for her and for you guys at home.

After dinner, the three of us went to Superstar Live (karaoke) with Melvin in the Butterflies Lounge, deck one Fwd. Most of the singers were good and even the bad ones still make for good entertainment. [/size]

Thank you for all the work you put into your reviews, Mike. How does live karaoke work? Do you still get to see the words if you're a singer? I can sing, but I don't think I can remember all the words. Anyhow, thanks again! Won't be long before I'm seeing blue water...

Hello,

First, thank you for your wonderful review.. it's really helping us with our first time cruise plans.

Second, i was wondering if you or anyone else can help. My husband and I have NEVER been on a cruise. We are planning on taking our 2 yr old son with us on a cruise next month. As of now we narrowed it down to 4 cruise ships; Carnival Sensaton, Carnival Pride, Norwegian Jewel or Norwegian Gem. Any recommendations? I notice you and most followers have been on the Pride and Sensation and was wondering if their were any favorites.

Thanks in advance,

raynjlcruise

An article came out in our local newspaper about Tracy fulfilling her lifelong dream.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/search/article/1382173

Hi Mike,

Excellent article on your DW :) Congratulations to her for following her dreams!! And best of luck to her and to you and your family throughout your separation.

Just had to write and say thanks for your service, I'm not Canadian, but I believe it's important to thank all service personnel, especially our military and police!! :)

Also, thanks so much for your two fabulous reviews. I just stumbled upon on your B2B2B2B review on Tuesday as I was looking for info on Valor ;) I couldn't stop reading...shh, don't tell my boss! LOL Now I'm hooked on Mike & Tracy's adventures :D

Looking forward to more!! Thanks again!

- Liz

Edited by New2Cruising24
Typo

Thanks for all of the great pictures of the Pride. I sailed with my family last year and we are going back again this year and it shows me some areas where we forgot to take pictures. This year my niece (first cruise) and boyfried will be going with us on the Pride. I am going to get her to look at your pictures so she can get as excited as I am because she lives a couple hours from me and hasn't seen my pictures.

In answer to the question about the shelves in the bathroom, there are six glass shelves attached to the mirror with a rail on each to hold items on the shelf. Each shelf is about a foot long and there is plenty of room on the counter also.

Best of luck to your wife and best wishes to you and your family that the six months go by quickly.

Debbie

Mike

I have been writing my own review of Pride during your posts so have not made comments here.

However, tonight I make my final entry and just wanted to stop by and tell you how well I think you have done with your review.

Your photos are great and I don't think there is an inch of the ship you didn't capture. I am now going to try and find a software program where I can merge all your photos and have it reproduce the ship. lol

As a Canadian I want to tell you how proud we are of you and your wife. You deserve our respect and admiration and you have it.

Some day, perhaps, we might meet on board a cruise ship, wouldn't that be great? The beer is on me!

Wilfros