Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

After photographing David’s Steakhouse we decided to make our way to the Atrium, they were having the ‘Bean Bag Toss’ and Tracy wanted to try it out but unfortunately it had already started.

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

So we went to the ‘Sunset Garden Interior Promenade’ to relax before dinner.

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

I was really looking forward to the first elegant night.

Tonight's menu

Pridemenuday200012.jpg

Pridemenuday200022.jpg

Pridemenuday200032.jpg

I had (2) Baked Stuffed Mushrooms , (2) Duet of Broiled Maine Lobster Tail and Grilled Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimps and for dessert Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry. They are all my favorites. Tracy had the West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup, the Lobster tail and Shrimp and Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry. Mitch left before ordering anything because he wasn’t feeling well. He spent the afternoon with the girl he met last night trying out all the different dishes they had in the Mermaid Grill. He promised us he wouldn’t do that again.

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

At 7:30 p.m we went to ‘The Punchliner Comedy Club’ in the Butterflies Lounge. Mitch was feeling better and joined us. First on was Percy Crews, he was really good, followed by Lowell Sanders, we really enjoyed him too.

DSC_0359.jpg

Percy Crews

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

Lowell Sanders

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

Then at 8:30 p.m it was the ‘Wonderful World’ show in the Taj Mahal Main Lounge. We enjoyed the show. Unfortunately I have no photographs because " Due to copyright law & safety of the performers, videotaping & photography are strictly prohibited". After the show we returned to our cabin for an early night, tomorrow is another sea day.

DSC_0367.jpg

Oy!!! So many choices on the menu! I don't know how my mom and DH are going to decide (I'm a vegetarian so it won't be too difficult for me :) ) Everything looks so good, even if I wouldn't eat it..ha ha! We've been on Royal Caribbean and NCL and I don't remember them offering lobster on their elegant night...they only offered it in their restaurant you pay extra for.

Anyway, thanks for the review :)

Hi Mike-

I'm sailing on Pride on Sunday... I'm really enjoying your review... It's giving me my cruise fix while I wait for Sunday! Anyway, I read the article about your wife Tracy... very cool! She seems like an amazing person. I wish her lots of luck! Thanks for the review!

-chelle

Thanks, bet your excited, only 2 more days. :):)

Thanks for the review and pictures! I have wonderful memories of our cruise on the Pride and your pictures bring it all back! :)

Thank you Coolcruise02, glad your enjoying the review. Mike :)

Edited by MikeyA53

Mike...thanks for posting the article about Tracy...it's inspiring! I retired from public safety but was non-sworn... I know it's a great career and know she will do great in her training!

Also don't worry about the bathroom question:D ...I think maybe there are counters:)

Thanks on Tracy's behalf. :)

Gotta say, I really like this review and thread. This is what CC is supposed to be about, IMHO.

Mike, glad to see that Tracy made it safely...wow about ironing the sheets and pillowcases, though:eek: I don't think I would do so well there!

Based on this review, and others, I think I would seriously consider the Pride in 2013!

Hope you and the kids are well :)

Thank Sharon, we're doing O.K. Mike

So I was standing in line at the grocery store this morning and lo and behold guess whose picture was staring up at me. Great article. A friend of mine went through training about a year ago and is now posted up north. I know being separated for the six months was not easy for the man and his wife, but when he returned they were thrilled to be starting their new life together. Best of luck to Tracy.

Thanks neighbour, I'll tell her. :)

Good for her for going for her dream!!! My dh has been a police officer for 17 years and it definitely takes a special person to do the job.

Good luck to Tracy (and to you while see is gone)

Thank you from both of us. Mike & Tracy.

This is an awesome review! My husband and I are doing our 2nd cruise, first with Carnival, on the Pride in October. It's great to see pictures of all the different parts of the ship.

Thanks so much and I can't wait to read more!:)

Thank you, glad your enjoying it. :)

You definitely have an amazing wife! She is very inspiring and this just goes to show you can do anything if you try hard enough. Good luck to her! I also hope the next few months aren't too hard on you and your kids...I'm sure it will be hard not having her around.

P.S. don't forget to water the plants ;)

Thanks mama_2_boys, we have been preparing ourselves for this for the last 2 years. We are doing just fine. :):):)

Thanks for sharing the article about Tracy, she is an amazing women and very accomplished.

I did notice Tracy with a bag in her hand after shopping in one of your pictures. I guess she found something.

What a change from cruise ship dining to ironing your own sheets!;);)

Thanks Janice, yes she found something to go with her dress. Can't remember what it was??

Well I'm off the work, been working every day since she left and playing Mr. Mom. Not much time for anything else.

DSC_0328.jpg

I always find it funny that so long as the sun is out and there's a pool, most kids will go swimming, regardless of temperature! There are adults walking around in these pics with long-sleeved sweaters on, and there the kids are, frolicking away - you'll never catch me doing that unless it's stinking hot:D!!

I'm really enjoying the pics Mike, please keep them coming!