Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for taking the time and effort in posting your cruise. I booked a cruise on carnival pride for 2/12/2012 and cant wait. I really enjoyed all your pictures and found them to be very helpful, once again thanks for the great posts. Lorrie

Thank you Lorrie, enjoy your cruise. Mike

• 1 month later...

Wow, how did we miss this review? Great great job and the pics are amazing. We just sailed the Pride a month ago so it was still fun reading your review and bringing back some memories with all those pics. We took several but not nearly as many. Like you, we fell in love with this ship. While we had sailed several other class ships o Carnival, we had never done the Spirit class. Now having sailed the Pride, it has become our favorite class. We got home and immediately started looking at which other ships were Spirit class and where they sailed from. We found the perfect match and cruise. We will be on the April 12th, 2012 sailing of the Miracle out of NYC. Easy drive for us, it is 8 days (so we get that extra day), plus the kids (14 and 15) are on Spring break part of it. We just can't wait. Thanks again for the review.

Rick & LeeAnne

Wow what a fantastic review! I am a fellow Canadian....just outside of Toronto. We are booked on the December 4 sailing of Pride and after the last 2 days of reading...I am stoked!! Thank you for all of the information...it has helped so much!

Thanks again!!

Melissa

Wow, how did we miss this review? Great great job and the pics are amazing. We just sailed the Pride a month ago so it was still fun reading your review and bringing back some memories with all those pics. We took several but not nearly as many. Like you, we fell in love with this ship. While we had sailed several other class ships o Carnival, we had never done the Spirit class. Now having sailed the Pride, it has become our favorite class. We got home and immediately started looking at which other ships were Spirit class and where they sailed from. We found the perfect match and cruise. We will be on the April 12th, 2012 sailing of the Miracle out of NYC. Easy drive for us, it is 8 days (so we get that extra day), plus the kids (14 and 15) are on Spring break part of it. We just can't wait. Thanks again for the review.

Rick & LeeAnne

Thank you Rick and LeeAnne, glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to sail on Miracle , maybe some day soon. :)

Wow what a fantastic review! I am a fellow Canadian....just outside of Toronto. We are booked on the December 4 sailing of Pride and after the last 2 days of reading...I am stoked!! Thank you for all of the information...it has helped so much!

Thanks again!!

Melissa

Thanks mommy2eee, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Hope you have nice weather. Mike

:) Fantastic is all I can say. Thanks for the great review. I have never been on a Spirit Class ship, and now feel like it is home. My wife and I will celebrate our 40th Anniversary on Pride in March. You made that journey more special with your review and pics

Best of luck to you and your family and thanks again.

:) Fantastic is all I can say. Thanks for the great review. I have never been on a Spirit Class ship, and now feel like it is home. My wife and I will celebrate our 40th Anniversary on Pride in March. You made that journey more special with your review and pics

Best of luck to you and your family and thanks again.

Thank you VTSAIL, have a happy anniversary and a great cruise. :)

Wow... never really thought about this possibility.. I was searching for some information on Kirk Benning, as rumour has it he's moving to the Dream soon, and I find your post.

I was out west the same time as you, Tracy, and remember you quite clearly! Lets just say, I was there before you started training, and left after you finished... Ended up my own little brother.

I hope the career is treating you well, and you too, Mike!

And no, I did not end up joining the ranks as a member. Long story.

Wow... never really thought about this possibility.. I was searching for some information on Kirk Benning, as rumour has it he's moving to the Dream soon, and I find your post.

I was out west the same time as you, Tracy, and remember you quite clearly! Lets just say, I was there before you started training, and left after you finished... Ended up my own little brother.

I hope the career is treating you well, and you too, Mike!

And no, I did not end up joining the ranks as a member. Long story.

Wow is right, what a small world. Give me more info, I'm trying hard to see if I can remember you. Hey, maybe we'll meet up again on a cruise sometime; you never know. Tracy

• 1 month later...

Mike & Tracy,

I really enjoyed reading your reviews and viewing your photographs. Thank you for taking the time to post so much information and insight into your vacations. I felt like I was there the whole time. I also read the B2B2B2B review and loved the proposal and renewal of vows. Just lovely and so heartfelt. we are cruising on the Spirit in March to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we are so excited....

I am assuming that Tracy is back home now and hope all is well and blessed in your part of the world.

Thanks again for your time and thoughtfulness in sharing with us all.

Erica

Tracey:

I started in Troop 17, was backtrooped for driving stuff, and joined in with troop 24. Hmm... trying to think of what I could say, that would make me stick out.. I used to always say "I'm still smiling!"

Gaebel, from Ontario.

Mike & Tracy,

I really enjoyed reading your reviews and viewing your photographs. Thank you for taking the time to post so much information and insight into your vacations. I felt like I was there the whole time. I also read the B2B2B2B review and loved the proposal and renewal of vows. Just lovely and so heartfelt. we are cruising on the Spirit in March to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we are so excited....

I am assuming that Tracy is back home now and hope all is well and blessed in your part of the world.

Thanks again for your time and thoughtfulness in sharing with us all.

Erica

Thank you Erica, enjoy your cruise. Mike :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Mikey,

You rock!!!!!

Spent a lot of late nights reading this reveiw and your b2b2b2b2b. Best cruise reading and pictures i have ever experienced. B2b2b2b2b had me hooked since we will be cruising on the last of your 4 ships reveiwed----the freedom in feb. What a beautiful love story.

I have a couple of queries:

What were your favorite meals/foods in the main dining rooms?

Do I recall you eating the jumbo fried shrimp many nights----was this ordered off menu? (in other words, not listed every night you ordered it)

Aso is the tirimisu a higher priced drink because of all the liqours in it?

Thank you,

sassymi2

Mikey,

You rock!!!!!

Spent a lot of late nights reading this reveiw and your b2b2b2b2b. Best cruise reading and pictures i have ever experienced. B2b2b2b2b had me hooked since we will be cruising on the last of your 4 ships reveiwed----the freedom in feb. What a beautiful love story.

Thank You SASSYMI2

I have a couple of queries:

What were your favorite meals/foods in the main dining rooms?

Mike: Lobster & Jumbo Shrimps, Seafood Newburg, Filet Mignon, Jumbo Shrimps in Beure Blanc to name a few.

Tracy: Roasted Tom Turkey, Lobster & Jumbo Shrimps,, New Zealand Lamb

Do I recall you eating the jumbo fried shrimp many nights----was this ordered off menu? (in other words, not listed every night you ordered it)

Not sure if you mean Sweet & Sour Shrimps or Panko Crusted Jumbo Shrimps but I get it everytime they show up on the menu.

Aso is the tirimisu a higher priced drink because of all the liqours in it?

The price is the same as the other Martinis, I believe you only get 1/4 ounces of each of the seven liqueurs.

Thank you,

sassymi2

Thanks again. Mike

Edited by MikeyA53