Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

We probably won't be cruising at that time of year again unless we are leaving from Florida. We had a lot of fun but very little warm weather. The best we had was about 75 degrees and cloudy while in Nassau.

Mike, thanks so much for your reply! I have continued to read through your review, and it's been really helpful.

We actually wouldn't be considering this cruise at all (we much prefer HOT weather cruising! :D ), but my parents have offered to "gift" it to their adult children our families for Christmas this year. It's not yet definite, as we're not sure everyone can make this particular time. But some of us definitely were concerned about the weather as well.

How were the temps onboard? Given that it was cooler outside, did they have the AC going, or were the public rooms comfortable? Also, since I assume it got fairly chilly on deck, did it seem like there was adequate indoor space, or did it feel crowded?

Thanks again for your help and for the great review!

Beth

Mike, thanks so much for your reply! I have continued to read through your review, and it's been really helpful.

We actually wouldn't be considering this cruise at all (we much prefer HOT weather cruising! :D ), but my parents have offered to "gift" it to their adult children our families for Christmas this year. It's not yet definite, as we're not sure everyone can make this particular time. But some of us definitely were concerned about the weather as well.

How were the temps onboard? Given that it was cooler outside, did they have the AC going, or were the public rooms comfortable? Also, since I assume it got fairly chilly on deck, did it seem like there was adequate indoor space, or did it feel crowded?

Thanks again for your help and for the great review!

Beth[/quote

The temperatures onboard was very nice, no problem there and that's taking into account that Tracy easily gets chilly. I was surprised that the ship never felt crowded, it's true what they say about the spirit class ships. Hope this helps, Mike.

Edited by MikeyA53

I love reading all your reviews! Thank you for filling my day with wonderful photos, great detailed information and such an incredible story each and everytime!!!!!

You and your family are incredible! :D

Thank you mrsgomez2011. :):):)

Beautiful pictures! I was on Fantasy last October and think all the ships you guys have been on are a lot nicer than Fantasy. Not complaining here, but that's my opinion. However, I plan on going back on Fantasy soon if I keep finding all the pennies to book a cruise.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks kelbell, everyone should step up and get involved sometimes, you might be surprise on how much fun it can be. :D

The Pride is my favorite ship, so beautiful !

We we sailed on her they had a game call "What's in the bag" very much like the Quest. I was watching, my husband John was at the Atrium bar nursing a hangover. Well as the game progressed, a woman from each team had to go find a guy and bring him back on stage---then the teams dressed them up like women--imagine my surprise when one girl brought back John ! After they were dressed, they had to give their names and strutt to "Dude look like a lady" Well John said his name was Cherry Blossom and ending up winning ! He got a tierra, ermine robe, bouguet of roses and bottle of champagne--he was crowned MIss Carnival Pride--lol...it was replayed on the tv over and over and all of the waiters were snickering--it was just too funny. That is a memory that I will never forget.

You review is awesome, your family is beautiful and to Tracy---good luck !

The Pride is my favorite ship, so beautiful !

We we sailed on her they had a game call "What's in the bag" very much like the Quest. I was watching, my husband John was at the Atrium bar nursing a hangover. Well as the game progressed, a woman from each team had to go find a guy and bring him back on stage---then the teams dressed them up like women--imagine my surprise when one girl brought back John ! After they were dressed, they had to give their names and strutt to "Dude look like a lady" Well John said his name was Cherry Blossom and ending up winning ! He got a tierra, ermine robe, bouguet of roses and bottle of champagne--he was crowned MIss Carnival Pride--lol...it was replayed on the tv over and over and all of the waiters were snickering--it was just too funny. That is a memory that I will never forget.

You review is awesome, your family is beautiful and to Tracy---good luck !

Thank you iluvdoxies, hope you took photos, it's fun to bring them out every so often to show the relatives. :eek:

Mike

I just finished up your B2B2B2B the other day and of course I had to read this one too!

It has been very dreary here for about 2 weeks: rain, rain, and more rain and very very very little sun. Cold, to boot. Reading your review -- with my cruise playlist going in the background -- has made it feel a little bit nicer :p

Thanks so much for a much detailed review. It has been wonderful.

Best Wishes to Tracy, who by now must be about halfway through her training. It is a testament to you as her husband and to your marriage that she is able to step away for so long to follow her dream. Kudos to both of you.

Looking forward to reading more from you in the future. Would LOVE to bump into you aboard one day!

Mike

I just finished up your B2B2B2B the other day and of course I had to read this one too!

It has been very dreary here for about 2 weeks: rain, rain, and more rain and very very very little sun. Cold, to boot. Reading your review -- with my cruise playlist going in the background -- has made it feel a little bit nicer :p

Thanks so much for a much detailed review. It has been wonderful.

Best Wishes to Tracy, who by now must be about halfway through her training. It is a testament to you as her husband and to your marriage that she is able to step away for so long to follow her dream. Kudos to both of you.

Looking forward to reading more from you in the future. Would LOVE to bump into you aboard one day!

Thank you soo much rnvattes. We've had the same crappy weather for the last three weeks with rain forecasted for the next week.

Tracy was halfway on Friday so it's all downhill from now. I'm looking forward to my next review since I have to cruise to write one.:D

It would be our pleasure to meet the two of you on a future cruise. Take care and thank you again. Mike

• 1 month later...
Once more job well done. I enjoyed this review. Can't wait till I cruise in 35 days!! But more so, Im looking forward to YOUR next cruise and review:D

Thank you Cruise_Q, I also looking forward to my next cruise and review. :D

Your review was the most awesome compilation of any adventure I have ever had the pleasure to read! My family and I are heading out on the Pride for Turkey Day week, it’s the first cruise for most and I feel like I now know all the “insider secrets” to help have the best time ever! The pictures are amazing….you’re a man a many talents Mike! J After reading through ALL 45 pages, I took pages of notes (hehe) and I can’t believe this, but I still have one question. The ice sculpture where the martinis were being prepared…were they pouring the drink through the ice to serve it? I know…stupid question, but leave it to me to ask it. It looked so marvelous, and as I’ve been known to partake in one or two (or 10) I think this ice sculpture and I may just become fast friends… :p

SInce I am new to your review at this point, I imagine Tracy is off on her training adventure? I hope she is home soon..as it appears you both live for one another!

Many thanks,

Kelly

Your review was the most awesome compilation of any adventure I have ever had the pleasure to read! My family and I are heading out on the Pride for Turkey Day week, it’s the first cruise for most and I feel like I now know all the “insider secrets” to help have the best time ever! The pictures are amazing….you’re a man a many talents Mike! J After reading through ALL 45 pages, I took pages of notes (hehe) and I can’t believe this, but I still have one question. The ice sculpture where the martinis were being prepared…were they pouring the drink through the ice to serve it? I know…stupid question, but leave it to me to ask it. It looked so marvelous, and as I’ve been known to partake in one or two (or 10) I think this ice sculpture and I may just become fast friends… :p

SInce I am new to your review at this point, I imagine Tracy is off on her training adventure? I hope she is home soon..as it appears you both live for one another!

Many thanks,

Kelly

Sorry I can't answer your question, I was just passing through when I took the photos, didn't take notice how it was done. Thank you for all your kind words. Tracy will be done in one month. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this fabulous review! I am going on the Pride with my future mother in law. It was a last minute decision since her sister backed out. And now I'm doing research because we are both newbies. Now I feel like I know the ins and outs of the ship because of your pics. Thanks!

Many thanks,

Kelly

From what I remembered whike cruising Carnival MIracle, they did pur through the ice sculpture. But I could be wrong.

Thank you so much for this fabulous review! I am going on the Pride with my future mother in law. It was a last minute decision since her sister backed out. And now I'm doing research because we are both newbies. Now I feel like I know the ins and outs of the ship because of your pics. Thanks!

Thank you dahlin43, enjoy your cruise. Mike

don't count on an answer from Mike..my guess is that he is sitting by his front door waiting for the cab to arrive to take him to the airport to meet Tracy in Regina...its only about a week away

Haven't called the taxi yet, still 10 more days before we leave for Regina to attend Tracy's graduation. :)

AMAZING reviews! The proposal and vow were gorgeous!! I would love to do a B2B cruise now because of your reviews! Thank you!!! :)

Thank you MegRose1107, glad you enjoyed it. I myself hope we can do a B2Bs again some day. It's tricky planning another one because we don't want to go on the same ship twice, would love to cruise on every ship in the fleet. Mike

now that Tracy has experienced the wonders of Regina she may never want to cruise again..let alone back to back

Ah yes, the wonders of Regina. Haven't been there in almost 20 years, looking forward to seeing it again. :)