Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Not sure if I missed it or not but when is your next cruise? I am sure everyone is looking forward to you next adventure!!

Nothing planned yet, Tracy only started working in her new career 3 months ago and it's still to early for her to get time off, plus we have the house for sale because we are transferring. It's difficult to plan a cruise if you don't know if your going to be in your new post 6 months from now or still trying to sell the house. Usually if you don't sell within a year they usually cancel the tranfer.

It's frustrating not being able to plan anything, the money is in the account and we have two future cruise certificates waiting to be submitted. :(

• 3 months later...
After finishing your b2b2b2b yesterday, I started this one today and just finished all of it. Another great review. What's up next? How are you all doing?

Thank you travellink, as much as I would like too, nothing is planned yet. Our next cruise will likely be a B2B on two different ships or a trip to San Juan on Carnival Victory, unfortunately all we can do is dream for now.:(

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on the Pride 4 times and getting ready for #5. I live 1/2 hr from port and due to progressive illness I find it harder and harder to sail from FL or NYC. I now need a wheelchair or scooter and airports are a real hassle. Started looking for trip reports to get myself psyched up even though we don't sail until Sept. and found your wonderful detailed report!! I loved it !! I miss a lot of the night time events because my meds make me sleepy. Loved all your photos but esp. the ones from night time activities. Kind of made me feel almost like I was there and gave me a feel for so many things I read about but never get to see. The funny thing is I was more than half way through your report before I realized I boarded the Pride the day your cruise ended! I did get to see the comedian's early family shows and recognized their names in your report. Also saw show with the juggling comedian and it finally dawned on me to look at date of your cruise. (crew members were telling everyone how lucky we were because the ship was unable to dock in Freeport the previous week ). Later I looked at one of the last pictures you posted of the parking lot back in Baltimore and found the exact spot where my grand dtr. would be parking her car about 2 hours later! LOL! Thank you again for the wonderful report.

I have been on the Pride 4 times and getting ready for #5. I live 1/2 hr from port and due to progressive illness I find it harder and harder to sail from FL or NYC. I now need a wheelchair or scooter and airports are a real hassle. Started looking for trip reports to get myself psyched up even though we don't sail until Sept. and found your wonderful detailed report!! I loved it !! I miss a lot of the night time events because my meds make me sleepy. Loved all your photos but esp. the ones from night time activities. Kind of made me feel almost like I was there and gave me a feel for so many things I read about but never get to see. The funny thing is I was more than half way through your report before I realized I boarded the Pride the day your cruise ended! I did get to see the comedian's early family shows and recognized their names in your report. Also saw show with the juggling comedian and it finally dawned on me to look at date of your cruise. (crew members were telling everyone how lucky we were because the ship was unable to dock in Freeport the previous week ). Later I looked at one of the last pictures you posted of the parking lot back in Baltimore and found the exact spot where my grand dtr. would be parking her car about 2 hours later! LOL! Thank you again for the wonderful report.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a wonderful cruise in September. At least it will be warmer than in January. :)

• 1 month later...
MikeyA53, when you write another great review will you put a link to it on this thread so I will be sure not to miss it. I am subscribed to this thread and it will notify me. Thanks!:)

Will do. I'll be reviewing our October Miracle cruise.

Will do. I'll be reviewing our October Miracle cruise.

What a great review, thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm now going back to read though your B2B2B2B cruise review. Looking forward to your review for your October cruise -- I'll be on the Miracle in November. I'm sure you will get some great photos of the Statue of Liberty as you pass her on your way out to sea.

What a great review, thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm now going back to read though your B2B2B2B cruise review. Looking forward to your review for your October cruise -- I'll be on the Miracle in November. I'm sure you will get some great photos of the Statue of Liberty as you pass her on your way out to sea.

Thank you karl_nj, glad you enjoyed it. Hope it's a sunny day when we leave the terminal, our family has never seen the New York Skyline ( Empire State building, Freedom Tower) or the Statue of Liberty. Can't wait' :)

Being new to these parts, I am really glad this got revived. I loved your review. You have a beautiful family and a great camera (or eye, or combination thereof). Now to venture to your other review that you mentioned in the beginning. Thanks for sharing :)

Being new to these parts, I am really glad this got revived. I loved your review. You have a beautiful family and a great camera (or eye, or combination thereof). Now to venture to your other review that you mentioned in the beginning. Thanks for sharing :)

Very nice of you, thank you. Mike

Wow, this review was fantastic Mike! We were on the Pride the week before you (New Years cruise, it was so much fun!) so it was fun to see this review after so long. We are actually 2 months away from sailing her again...this time in July, I think it will be a completely different cruise from the Dec/Jan cruise. I'm looking forward to the warmer (hot!) weather and spending more time out on the decks getting my tan on :-) Hope you and Tracy are doing well and Tracy is enjoying her new career. Best wishes...

Wow, this review was fantastic Mike! We were on the Pride the week before you (New Years cruise, it was so much fun!) so it was fun to see this review after so long. We are actually 2 months away from sailing her again...this time in July, I think it will be a completely different cruise from the Dec/Jan cruise. I'm looking forward to the warmer (hot!) weather and spending more time out on the decks getting my tan on :-) Hope you and Tracy are doing well and Tracy is enjoying her new career. Best wishes...

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. :)

No doubt it will be nicer going in July than in the middle of winter. We are doing well, thank you.

Tracy is starting to get use to the workload, stress and everything else that comes with police work. Some days she wishes she was still a paramedic. If all goes well, her plans are to join the famous Royal Canadian Mounted Police musical ride next year. She loves horses plus she used to be a jockey back home in Wales, she raced Arabians for a couple of years. :)

Wow, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and seeing all the gorgeous pictures! I will be on the Pride in May 27 and absolutely cannot wait, seeing all th see pictures has made me even more excited to get there, already! Thank you for sharing your vacation with all of us so eloquently.

Wow, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and seeing all the gorgeous pictures! I will be on the Pride in May 27 and absolutely cannot wait, seeing all th see pictures has made me even more excited to get there, already! Thank you for sharing your vacation with all of us so eloquently.

Thank you ladytonya, have a wonderful cruise. Mike

• 2 months later...

Just finished reading your pictorial. It took a few days during my lunch hours at work. I started off reading your Carnival Glory pictorial, and ended up here.

Thanks for a wonderful review! I have never been on a Spirit Class ship and this review, with all the ship pictures, was just the thing to try one of those ships out. Last night I booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend!

Now, I have to get back to your Carnival Glory pictorial, then take a look at your B2B2B review that I have heard so much about.

Just finished reading your pictorial. It took a few days during my lunch hours at work. I started off reading your Carnival Glory pictorial, and ended up here.

Thanks for a wonderful review! I have never been on a Spirit Class ship and this review, with all the ship pictures, was just the thing to try one of those ships out. Last night I booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend!

Now, I have to get back to your Carnival Glory pictorial, then take a look at your B2B2B review that I have heard so much about.

Wow is all I can say, thank you. Carvival legend is on my short list of Carnival ships I want to cruise on in the near future. :)

Wow Mike Tracy and Mitchel looks like you all had a great time. Thank you so much for the in depth review. I had taken a few days to get through and see all the photos and read all the info. I think now that I know more about the ship I will be able to get around and explore as you have.

I will be heading out on Pride in a few days myself.

Wish you Tracy and Mitchel the best.

Dennis

Wow Mike Tracy and Mitchel looks like you all had a great time. Thank you so much for the in depth review. I had taken a few days to get through and see all the photos and read all the info. I think now that I know more about the ship I will be able to get around and explore as you have.

I will be heading out on Pride in a few days myself.

Wish you Tracy and Mitchel the best.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis, enjoy your cruise. Mike

• 3 weeks later...