NCL Cruiser needs help for friends on HAL

Why Knot Me

Hi everyone!

Our friends (2 couples) are traveling on the Zuiderdam this coming week. We'd like to surprise them with a bon voyage treat of some sort. I was looking at the Bon Voyage Wine - "delivered to your room on embarkation day". Is this a decent enough wine for people who enjoy wine but are not fussy about wine? Plus, when I go to find details to buy it, it's asking me if I want it delivered at a restaurant, in the room on a port day or in the room on a sea day. Obviously, that's contrary to the name of the item "delivered to your room on embarkation". I simply would like it in their room on embarkation. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

Hi everyone!

Our friends (2 couples) are traveling on the Zuiderdam this coming week. We'd like to surprise them with a bon voyage treat of some sort. I was looking at the Bon Voyage Wine - "delivered to your room on embarkation day". Is this a decent enough wine for people who enjoy wine but are not fussy about wine? Plus, when I go to find details to buy it, it's asking me if I want it delivered at a restaurant, in the room on a port day or in the room on a sea day. Obviously, that's contrary to the name of the item "delivered to your room on embarkation". I simply would like it in their room on embarkation. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

and if you ask for it to be delivered the stateroom for embarkation day, there will be a tax charged (Florida). Most of us request at sea (saves on the tax), it will be delivered most times before they set sail. Otherwise they will have it that night. I agree with KK - it's quite drinkable as long as they are not too fussy.

Very nice of you to do this - I would call and get it ordered though as if there cruise is close there is a cut off time.

Thanks for your help!!! I ordered the wine via phone as it was getting close to their departure. When ordering, they didn't say anything about a tax? I hope they don't bill our friends:confused:. She only asked whether they should deliver it to their room or restaurant.

Thanks for your help!!! I ordered the wine via phone as it was getting close to their departure. When ordering, they didn't say anything about a tax? I hope they don't bill our friends:confused:. She only asked whether they should deliver it to their room or restaurant.

No, you should be fine - they won't be charged, no worries. it might be included in the price as embarkation wine is usually served in the cabin.

Glad you got it done and may I have more friends like you :):)

Archived