My son & daughter-in-law are enroute to San Juan to board SD II tomorrow.

mimito4

First off, big hello/long time no talk (type) to all you good people here! I'm in Florida for a couple of months, escaping the awful Ohio winter.

I'm excited for our son and d-i-l, Matthew and Kara. They booked this trip solely because of our ravings following our December voyage. In fact, they had never heard of SD.

My son works very hard year round (he's a doctor. Indulge me. . .I'm a proud mom), and they're at the stage in his career and their child-rearing that they don't get away often.

So. . .now I'm nervous. I so hope they meet great people and have a smiliar experience to ours. I also hope there are people their ages (mid 30s-40). Kara is extremely out-going, and they're both active, and like to party.

Anyone else going to be on this voyage?

Any tips to ensure they have FUN? For that matter, any reassurances for me that they will enjoy? :D

My son wasn't hip on a cruise initially, but I explained that the only thing that made it cruise-like was that you had to have your ship id card to get off or back on the yacht. Otherwise, I explained, it was more like "island-hopping."

When he asked me (with an :rolleyes:) if he needed a tuxedo, I answered back (with an :rolleyes:) only if he was planning on throwing a costume party while on board and serving champagne himself in the surf to other passengers. :p

teresa, my wife and i are on the same cruise and look forward to meeting your son and daughter-in-law. we're on our first SD cruise, too, and although a few years older (mid-50s), we, too, enjoy a good party and can't wait to embark on the SD experience! I'm also a fellow Buckeye (grew up in Cleveland area).

I lived in Cleveland years ago. Love Cleveland (except for the weather).

And Buckeyes? Our family bleeds scarlet and gray. Let me put it to you this way, you'll spot Matthew. . .he is the one with a block O tattooed on his calf. He has a block O custom painted on the ceiling of his study. Our daughter's dog's name is Brutus. Matthew, a daughter and my husband are all Buckeye grads. Although I'm an OU alumni, I'm a Buckeye through osmosis.

Do let yourself be known to them. And do come back here and post about what's happening. Tell Matthew his mom is keeping on eye on him via the internet ;).

Your post already makes me feel better. You guys will have a blast. They're great fun, and SD? Well, it's the best!

My wife and I cruised SEadream II a year ago. We had a blast. The ages ranges varies from early 30s and up. It's a great great trip away from the kids for sure! Are you pulling grandma duty? I'll send my kid your way too and we can join them on the cruise if you would like (we are in our 30s)

;)

CDW

Ha-ha, nope, the other grandmother is pulling that duty. My only duty seems to be to working on my golf game right now in sunny SW Florida. . .and recommending travel plans for them, like SD. We all have our role, ya know. ;) Seriously, if I were home I would have helped out.

I can't wait to hear their reports, and if they have 1/2 the blast we did in December on II, I will be a happy person.

Your "kids" are going to have a great time! I wanted to go on this same trip so badly! The same group of about 10 that we sailed with last March are on this SD2 cruise leaving tomorrow, 19th. They are in their 40's and SO much fun, all from California. They'll be at the TOY after dinner every night smoking ceegars! My face hurt from laughing when I got home. I am so jealous, I wish we could have joined them again. It will, no doubt, be a fabulous time for all!

ohmiss, thank you! I've texted the kids to tell them to be on the lookout for this band of merry-makers.

scottminer, boy voyage! Have a great time, and make a toast or two to your mothers with that endless glass of champagne. :D

Zqvol, too bad you and FT can't join us on our late August Regent Alaskan cruise. I think it'd be a blast to meet you guys. Oh well, I'm thinking it has to be on SD sometime this year. What say?

I got a couple of texts from my kids. Last night, Matthew was a bit sea sick. . .apparently it was pretty rough, but today they're loving it. Here's what they had to say:

"Beautiful day. We're having a blast. Great food, great people!"

"There are some peeps around our age. We didn't see them last night (they had told me they were the youngest and that worried me). Mussels were awesome. Had filet last night. Yum!"

Oh, and they've met Scott and wife.

I realize this is not the thread, but still I'll say it. . .you know you're addicted to SeaDream when you're living your life vicariously through your kids' voyage.

I mean, I've heard of people living their lives vicariously through their children's sports and such, but a vacation?

That's just not right. :o

Zqvol, too bad you and FT can't join us on our late August Regent Alaskan cruise. I think it'd be a blast to meet you guys. Oh well, I'm thinking it has to be on SD sometime this year. What say?

I got a couple of texts from my kids. Last night, Matthew was a bit sea sick. . .apparently it was pretty rough, but today they're loving it. Here's what they had to say:

"Beautiful day. We're having a blast. Great food, great people!"

"There are some peeps around our age. We didn't see them last night (they had told me they were the youngest and that worried me). Mussels were awesome. Had filet last night. Yum!"

Oh, and they've met Scott and wife.

I realize this is not the thread, but still I'll say it. . .you know you're addicted to SeaDream when you're living your life vicariously through your kids' voyage.

I mean, I've heard of people living their lives vicariously through their children's sports and such, but a vacation?

That's just not right. :o

Teresa

We are booked December 23 SDII. Join us!

Zqvol, no can do ANY trip during Xmas. My kids and grandkids would kill me. . .tradition, ya know.

In other thread-related news. . .I just got a call from my daughter-in-law.

They are at the San Juan airport awaiting their flight. She wanted me to know that it was their BEST vacation ever.

They loved all their fellow passengers. . .said it was like everyone hung out together and had a blast. . .met people that they feel they will remain friends with. Partied tons (she had texted me from Virgin Gorda and ask that I get reservations for them at Betty Ford's ;)) Feel that the crew is family. . .had gorgeous weather, great food and drink.

Perfect. I'm so happy.

She says she will be posting pictures and thoughts when the bags are unpacked and time permits.

Your "kids" are going to have a great time! I wanted to go on this same trip so badly! The same group of about 10 that we sailed with last March are on this SD2 cruise leaving tomorrow, 19th. They are in their 40's and SO much fun, all from California. They'll be at the TOY after dinner every night smoking ceegars! My face hurt from laughing when I got home. I am so jealous, I wish we could have joined them again. It will, no doubt, be a fabulous time for all!

There were quite a few nights that we closed the Top of the Yacht down with those Californians!! WHAT A BLAST they are!

There were quite a few nights that we closed the Top of the Yacht down with those Californians!! WHAT A BLAST they are!

Thanks for the update, karafara, on my crazy, fun friends. I had a tough week thinking of you all and wanting to be there! You can't go wrong with SeaDream and the life long friends you meet! Glad you had fun!!

Archived