Inside cabin on Quest

abatlin

Reading Menna's post on the inside cabin on Journey, we are in the same "boat" booking for the first time, an inside cabin on the Quest for the May sailing this year, room 8048. Does anyone have any experience with this cabin? We are veranda people and have always done that till now. The price was just too good. With only having one sea day and the rest being ports it seemed like a good bet. Still, I am now having buyer's remorse. I had a nightmare about our cabin last night, that it consisted of a closet containing metal bunkbeds...with very little space to spare. I wonder what our chances are of being upgraded out of the "bunker?"

Still, I am comforted in knowing this is Azamara, and I am sure all will be wonderful.

Now I am really worried. I have been on the Azamara web site looking at the deck plan. Room 8048 shows two upper berths, yet the cabin discription states it has two lower beds that convert into a queen bed. This is our 20th anniversary cruise, that sounds a bit scary! Anyone know what the deal is?

Now I am really worried. I have been on the Azamara web site looking at the deck plan. Room 8048 shows two upper berths, yet the cabin discription states it has two lower beds that convert into a queen bed. This is our 20th anniversary cruise, that sounds a bit scary! Anyone know what the deal is?

It has 2 beds that convert to a large bed, just like you have experienced in your balcony cabins...

What the symbols mean is it has the ability to convert beds

above you if a party of 4 is traveling, those beds will be pulled

down either from a wall or the cieling.

If you take a virtual tour on AZ website of an inside cabin, yours will look like that, except for the ability of the additional beds.

We were very pleased with the configurations of our cabin

We never would have considered it a bunker as you said in your OP, but a cute cubby hole

If having an inside room was the only way I could go on Azamara then I would do it with no qualms. I would do that rather than have a balcony with a mass market line on a big ship.

There are lots of areas inside and out where you can see. If you just want a peek or to watch a sail in, I liked the deck just outside the dining room on deck 5 and outside Windows on 9. The Looking Glass Lounge is now smoke free and is a great place to hang out. There is also the fabulous drawing room/library.

I had a nightmare about our cabin last night, that it consisted of a closet containing metal bunkbeds...with very little space to spare. I wonder what our chances are of being upgraded out of the "bunker?"

Still, I am comforted in knowing this is Azamara, and I am sure all will be wonderful.

Not quite on point as we were in an inside cabin on the fourth deck on the Quest last February.

We had tried for an outside room but the ship was full and ended up on the inside room on the fourth deck about three or four rooms stern of the medical office.

Great room - a few steps away from the normal gangplank area, the reception and tour desk, the stairway to the fifth deck and near the elevator. Quiet and cosy.

We will have a balcony on the Quest this March but we would have no problems if we were again in that cosy cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on cabins 7002 and 7003 relating to location, noise, traffic or crew staging areas (garbage, laundry, ect)? The deck plan does not show anything above them on deck 8.

Thanks,

Steve

I have been spoiled by Azamara and agree that I'd rather do an inside Azamara than a balcony on most other ships. I was in an inside this past May with 2 adult daughters - 3 women! we did fine. Actually the inside cabins are exactly the same as almost all the balcony cabins (except for suites) no difference in size. Of course being able to look out the sliding doors will give an illusion of more room in the cabin but on a ship Az size, you are never very far from a pleasant outdoor venue. As another poster suggested Deck 5 is a good hangout - very roomy and usually not many people there. I'd suggest getting a morning coffee and a sweetie from Mosiac on the same deck and then head out for a lovely way to start the day.

You might try for a discounted upsell (either call your TA or Az) closer to your sail date - I'm not sure if Az offers these very often but its worth a shot. But fear not, you will be in a very pleasant "bunker" indeed even in the inside cabin.

Does anyone have any info on cabins 7002 and 7003 relating to location, noise, traffic or crew staging areas (garbage, laundry, ect)? The deck plan does not show anything above them on deck 8.

Thanks,

Steve

This is in the very front of the ship....it will be quiet, no staging area

BUT you will feel movement. I was actually on the Pacific Princess right before my AZ cruise for a 14 day Alaska cruise round trip SEA.

I went to check out those cabins because my DH and I had booked 7003

Well I sat outside those cabins when it was rough and it was MOVING alot!

I asked the cabin steward if they were noisy and he said he hadnt heard any complaints...but then he added ...we save them for all the pilots that come onboard to guide the ship...well, those people are SAILORS in the own backyard or course they would complain and could handle the roughest of seas!!!!

When I returned home I promptly switched our cabin to 7043. Which rode very smoothly and we were in it for 24 days

Next cruise I have us booked in 4034

Hope that helps

Not quite on point as we were in an inside cabin on the fourth deck on the Quest last February.

We had tried for an outside room but the ship was full and ended up on the inside room on the fourth deck about three or four rooms stern of the medical office.

Great room - a few steps away from the normal gangplank area, the reception and tour desk, the stairway to the fifth deck and near the elevator. Quiet and cosy.

We will have a balcony on the Quest this March but we would have no problems if we were again in that cosy cabin.

When I took my 18 yr old DD, we had one of these insides near the medical facility too. Great cabin. It's the only way I could afford to go on this great ship. Small, yes, but perfectly fine. We had only 2 sea days I think... This was 2006. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. She said it was her best vacation ever!

This is in the very front of the ship....it will be quiet, no staging area

BUT you will feel movement. I was actually on the Pacific Princess right before my AZ cruise for a 14 day Alaska cruise round trip SEA.

I went to check out those cabins because my DH and I had booked 7003

Well I sat outside those cabins when it was rough and it was MOVING alot!

I asked the cabin steward if they were noisy and he said he hadnt heard any complaints...but then he added ...we save them for all the pilots that come onboard to guide the ship...well, those people are SAILORS in the own backyard or course they would complain and could handle the roughest of seas!!!!

When I returned home I promptly switched our cabin to 7043. Which rode very smoothly and we were in it for 24 days

Next cruise I have us booked in 4034

Hope that helps

Thank you. That's very helpful. I don't mind the movement but my DW would rather be more midship.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

This is a quiet corridor. The stewards area is not near the cabin.

The void you see on the deck plan for deck 8 is the bridge with the officer's cabins. Be sure to take the bridge tour. If you were to ever hear a lot of foot traffic and thumping from above, grab your life vest and head for your lifeboat!!! You'll be the first to know.

You will have a wonderful cruise.

Steve,

The void you see on the deck plan for deck 8 is the bridge with the officer's cabins. Be sure to take the bridge tour. If you were to ever hear a lot of foot traffic and thumping from above, grab your life vest and head for your lifeboat!!! You'll be the first to know.

alcpa

Great sense of humor!:D

Thanks

Archived