My house is falling down around me cuz all I do is sit on Cruise Critic boards

Cruisin Christi

Help me! I have company coming in a week my house is a mess and I am sure that I have at least 18 loads of laundry that needs done. I get up and sit here reading and researching all day long. To the point that my eyes and back hurt me.

I am totally cruise critic addicted and I don't know how to stop!:cool::eek:

I'm trying to keep it from my family how much time I spend here!!! My bedroom looks like it belongs to a hoarder at the moment. Suitcases all standing at attention on one wall, bags from different stores sitting ready to topple over, desk covered in boxes filled with "things I might need to take" and binders with lists, excursion information all over the place. Yesterday I got a call from my daughter saying she and her MIL were stopping by and I hit panic mode trying to hide my addiction. For the first year ever, we have 2 cruises planned. One is April and one in July. I'm like someone has fed me several energy drinks, jumping from one spot to the other on the boards for both cruises. Spent practically the entire visit talking about cruises. The MIL had just gotten back from a cruise on the QE2, so I think it helped to hide my addiction. I kept my bedroom door firmly closed (whew!).

Well at least you have it confined to your room. I have 3 kids and a husband that run through her like a tornado and never pick up after themselves. I turn my head once and the whole place is trashed. And all my time and energy is focused on my cruise, so the house has been a mess for a couple of months. I have to get it cleaned up this week, thankfully I work best under pressure.

Help me! I have company coming in a week my house is a mess and I am sure that I have at least 18 loads of laundry that needs done. I get up and sit here reading and researching all day long. To the point that my eyes and back hurt me.

I am totally cruise critic addicted and I don't know how to stop!:cool::eek:

You are not alone , is there cca? we are all hooked!

I am at my best when I am absorbed in cruise info addiction. I make a habit of getting at least 2 items accomplished in the morning before I even turn the computer on directed to cruisecritic. Of course that usually is a shower and my teeth brushed :)

My husband is a true supporter of my addiction though. He loves what my end result is with my obsessive planning and encourages me to find more cruises.

I am at my best when I am absorbed in cruise info addiction. I make a habit of getting at least 2 items accomplished in the morning before I even turn the computer on directed to cruisecritic. Of course that usually is a shower and my teeth brushed :)

My husband is a true supporter of my addiction though. He loves what my end result is with my obsessive planning and encourages me to find more cruises.

LOL, my husband hates it. He may change his mind after the cruise, we will see.

I have to clean bathrooms today, I have 3, so I figured..clean one, CC, clean another, CC and so on...maybe that will work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived