first "flat" cbalcony abin before or after the hump (Oasis/Allure)

DonnaK

We just booked a balcony that's the first "flat" one after the hump. I'm thinking that this is not the greatest location/view, but it was the only one available in combo with a cabin directly across the hall for our kids.

Does anyone have any comments/opinions/photos of this cabin?

Would you try to switch (I am driving myself crazy looking to see if another combo opens up)

We're actually between the two humps too.

I am not as concerned with having a full 180 degree view as I am with being able to look into the balconies on the hump curve next to us, and those people being able to look into our balcony.

I am not as concerned with having a full 180 degree view as I am with being able to look into the balconies on the hump curve next to us, and those people being able to look into our balcony.

I don't think that part would be that big of a deal. I'm sure that if you really wanted to look into their balcony you could, but why would anyone want to do that? :confused:

I don't think that part would be that big of a deal. I'm sure that if you really wanted to look into their balcony you could, but why would anyone want to do that? :confused:

It's basically the same thing as you peeking around your divider to look at your neighbors balcony.

The hump really doesn't "obstruct" your view at all....what you can see will be wide-open and more than enough! Your "privacy" isn't compromised, either....at least, no more than any other balcony....it's true, complete privacy isn't to be had...your neighbors can (and will, have no doubt) peek around the dividers!

The hump really doesn't "obstruct" your view at all....what you can see will be wide-open and more than enough! Your "privacy" isn't compromised, either....at least, no more than any other balcony....it's true, complete privacy isn't to be had...your neighbors can (and will, have no doubt) peek around the dividers!

Thank you SSSOOO much! Looks like I found my cabin! :D

never been on oasis/allure..but didnt like the after the hump balcony on adventure..Not a horrible location, but...

1) our "hump neighbors" were visible when they stood at their railing, so I figured they could see us.

2) It was a hot balcony..figured the breeze was hogged up by the hump peeps. lol

again, if there are positives for u that outweigh the negatives..go for it...its not for us because our balcony view and comfort is our #1 concern!!! we live, eat and nap on our balcony!!!

never been on oasis/allure..but didnt like the after the hump balcony on adventure..Not a horrible location, but...

1) our "hump neighbors" were visible when they stood at their railing, so I figured they could see us.

2) It was a hot balcony..figured the breeze was hogged up by the hump peeps. lol

again, if there are positives for u that outweigh the negatives..go for it...its not for us because our balcony view and comfort is our #1 concern!!! we live, eat and nap on our balcony!!!

Interesting comment about the breeze. That would be an issue for us.

I just called RCI to see what other cabins are available in the combo that I need, and I moved three cabins before the hump, which should eliminate the lack of a breeze and overly hot balcony issue. (It's still rather close to the hump as far as view is concerned, but better than what we had, and our only other option that's available)

Thanks so much for the heads up, Cruzin RN, as I never considered this!

Archived