What are good excursions to do in Cayman Island?

ugene

Never been on a cruise but I went to Grand Cayman a few years ago for 6 days with some friends.I can't give you specific info because we didnt book anything, we had a rental & just went off the tourist book they had in our room and drove every where. "Hell" is pretty cool. Stingray City was awesome, there's one tour that takes you to stingray city & also to 2 reefs to snorkel, the guides were all very nice & informative. They have horseback riding right on the beach. and we also had a lot of fun just hanging out on 7 mile beach. There's also a lot of cool shops right around the port & the submarine thing is right there too which is pretty cool. I could go on & on about the fun things we did there. lol. I would LOVE to go back to Cayman one day, it's fun and all of the people are so nice. The only downfall was that it got kind of expensive after about the 4th day lol...

Grand Cayman is exspensive. We just got off the Glory and did the stingraysanbar tour along with the Snorkleing at the reef with Stingraysailing.com. They pick you up at the pier and take you out to the sandbar and you swim and feed the stingrays. After when it gets busy you pack up and go over to the reef and snorkle. After you sail back into grand Cayman and they have free Ice water and fruit available and cold beer for purchase.They also have a bathroom onboard there Catamaran.. They drive you back to the peir or drop you off at the beach whichever you choose. Very good family owned bussiness to deal with. Book it on your own and save lots of dollars over the ships excursion price.They charge 50 dollars which is a bargain for what you get in grand Cayman.

Here are a couple of videos of our recent afternoon with Chip and Michelle from stingraysailing.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kADRJmILCB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8P0BLb6Vm0

Stingray city and snorkel tours with either Moby Dick or Capt. Marvin - not crowded, good service and no pressure to buy photos or videos. Plus you get 7 years of good luck for kisisng a stingray! :rolleyes:

I think capt marvin was the one we went with. Yeah I kissed a stingray, not sure about the good luck part though. lol

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Grand Cayman in early February and lucked out - friends of a friend who lives there arranged for us to go out on a private tour to Stingray City and sail around the island with Cayman Private Charters. (http://www.caymanprivatecharters.ky)

They were amazing! Great driver and assistant - very friendly and took great care of us when we were unsure about swimming with stingrays!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived