Any chance of snagging reservation for Chef's Table midway thru?

kymbakitty

We will be getting on the Star Princess, but only after it has been cruising for 14 days already. Many of the passengers (curious how many) will be staying on another 15 days (our portion) to FLL.

I have already called as late as 1:30 p.m. to make reservations the day we left port on a prior cruise and have been told it was too late--all seats had been spoken for already.

So if a cruise stops (over night in Rio) and new passengers get on, is there any chance at all that there may be a Chef's Table get together for the cruisers that just boarded? If not, it seems highly unlikely that there will be any availability for any Chef's Table that may already be scheduled.

DH said that it is possible that the people staying on the ship have already gone to the Chef's Table and not likely to be booking a 3rd or 4th time for the 2nd half of the cruise.

I'm just not sure....

Dawn

Hi There

Not known the MD to allow folk to do more than one Chefs Table per cruise, we have done longer cruises and have only ever thought about doing it once.

So good chance, why not check out roll call for cruise before you and get some one to call dine line the day of your cruise on your behalf.

yours Shogun

We will be getting on the Star Princess, but only after it has been cruising for 14 days already. Many of the passengers (curious how many) will be staying on another 15 days (our portion) to FLL.

I have already called as late as 1:30 p.m. to make reservations the day we left port on a prior cruise and have been told it was too late--all seats had been spoken for already.

So if a cruise stops (over night in Rio) and new passengers get on, is there any chance at all that there may be a Chef's Table get together for the cruisers that just boarded? If not, it seems highly unlikely that there will be any availability for any Chef's Table that may already be scheduled.

DH said that it is possible that the people staying on the ship have already gone to the Chef's Table and not likely to be booking a 3rd or 4th time for the 2nd half of the cruise.

I'm just not sure....

Dawn

It can't hurt to throw your name into the hat.

There were three on our last 14 day cruise. On the thirs night, we asked the head waiter if there was any room left. He said he didn't think so but he'd check. He came back and said yes that he got us on the list. Later in the cruise, I heard someone saying that they couldn't get on the list. I felt really bad - not sure if we bumped them - we were in a suite. Does that ever get you in?

There were three on our last 14 day cruise. On the thirs night, we asked the head waiter if there was any room left. He said he didn't think so but he'd check. He came back and said yes that he got us on the list. Later in the cruise, I heard someone saying that they couldn't get on the list. I felt really bad - not sure if we bumped them - we were in a suite. Does that ever get you in?

I really don't think it matters what type of cabin you have...it seems to be a first come/first serve basis...period.

I wouldn't feel badly about you bumping anyone. It seems likely to me that you asked before the other couple did (you didn't say anything about the timing of the request) so you got the seats. There were probably quite a few folks that were turned down--you only heard of one.

Archived