transportation ship to old Bruges

oski bear

My wife traveled years ago by ferry to Bruges and took the train to town. As I recall it was a few blocks fom the train to old Bruges. Does anyone know where Oceania docks in relation to the train station. We are on the July 11 Dover to Stockholm Insigina voyage. We don't need a tour of Bruges as we spent several days there previously. Any info on transportation into town would be appreciated.

Thanks, Don Roberts

We were there last summer & we docked quite away from the town area

We prearranged taxis with some of our fellow cruisers into Bruges

There were taxis lined up outside the gates

Join your roll call if you have not already & maybe share the ride

The ship docks at Zeebrugge which is a few miles from Brugge but I have read that free shuttles were available on Marina cruises. Maybe not to Brugge? Pleased to know what "free shuttles" mean. eg Is there one to Bordeaux? I think it's 60 miles from the port. I have booked on Marina 29 July from Dover :)and can't wait. Any info appreciated

The ship docks at Zeebrugge which is a few miles from Brugge but I have read that free shuttles were available on Marina cruises. Maybe not to Brugge? Pleased to know what "free shuttles" mean. eg Is there one to Bordeaux? I think it's 60 miles from the port. I have booked on Marina 29 July from Dover :)and can't wait. Any info appreciated

Some ports will now have free shuttles

I do not think anyone knows which ports for sure yet

If there is one in Zeebrugge it may only be to to the train station not into Bruges

Lyn

Any info on transportation into town would be appreciated.
You may wish to verify if Oceania or the local port authority will provide shuttles from Zeebrugge. If so, take a shuttle to the nearby town of Blankenburg, where you can get a direct train to Bruges. If there’s no shuttle available, grab a taxi to either Blankenburg or Zeebrugge Dorp and catch the train from there. Before you go, you should be able to check train schedules on-line and plan accordingly. It’s simple, fast and worry-free.

We were there last summer & we docked quite away from the town area

We prearranged taxis with some of our fellow cruisers into Bruges

There were taxis lined up outside the gates

Join your roll call if you have not already & maybe share the ride

How far is Zeebrugge from the old town of Bruges? How much is the cost of the taxi?

Does anyone know for a fact that Oceania's new policy offers a shuttle on all their ships, not just Marina....and if so...where does the shuttle drop you off?

Thank you.

I spoke to the Oceania UK office and they told me that they would provide shuttles to port entrances when it is not convenient for passengers to walk.

The train station is called Zeebrugge Strand and is about one mile from where the ship docks and is situated along the beach.The train ride to Bruges takes about eleven minutes and costs about three or four euros.I believe a taxi costs about forty euros one way.

Does anyone know for a fact that Oceania's new policy offers a shuttle on all their ships, not just Marina....and if so...where does the shuttle drop you off?

Thank you.

YES it is for all ships but not ALL ports

It was 45 E one way but shared with 8 works out not to bad

Less hassle than getting to train station & getting the train

We prearranged a meeting spot/time for pick up for the return

I had 3 taxis vans with staggered return times

Worked out fine for us

Some people prefer the train method of getting into Bruges about 30 min from the port

What works for me may not work for you

Weight your options

Enjoy

Lyn

We were lucky to have connected with Lyn and went on several tours with her and her great husband while on the cruise last summer. The pre-booked taxi service worked fabulously and we were able to make use of our time visiting Brugges. We were picked up promptly in town and arrived at the ship with time to spare...no stress at all. Thank you Lyn!

We were lucky to have connected with Lyn and went on several tours with her and her great husband while on the cruise last summer.

Oh now you will give DH a big head :D

Glad we were able to help

Hope all is well there

Lyn

YES it is for all ships but not ALL ports

It was 45 E one way but shared with 8 works out not to bad

Less hassle than getting to train station & getting the train

We prearranged a meeting spot/time for pick up for the return

I had 3 taxis vans with staggered return times

Worked out fine for us

Some people prefer the train method of getting into Bruges about 30 min from the port

What works for me may not work for you

Weight your options

Enjoy

Lyn

Thank you, Lyn. Someone from our roll call is looking into the prearranged taxi van. One more question... how many hours should we allot to visit Bruges, if we go in by taxi? Our ship will be there from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Thank you, Lyn. Someone from our roll call is looking into the prearranged taxi van. One more question... how many hours should we allot to visit Bruges, if we go in by taxi? Our ship will be there from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

I would plan to leave around 4:30pm so you get back on time in case of any traffic delays

I think we went from 9:30 to 3:30

Just depends on what you want to see/do there

We took the shorter time, we did a canal cruise , had coffee in the pastry shop, did the city bus tour, had lunch, wandered the city centre

It was enough time for me & a few others

We had our 8 on the return trip

some stayed later

We had 3 vans with different return times

We just planned the return trips with who wanted to stay longer

I have to mention it was very warm the day we were there so the time we spent was more than enough for me ;)

we used Bruges taxi

http://www.brugsetaxiservice.com/eng.html

Lyn

Archived