The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

So it's ok to take pictures of strangers because they are minding their own business? These people weren't bothering anyone but this girl had to take a picture to show the folks back home? A little understanding of other customs and cultures goes a long way.

When I was on the Legend in February, there was a man about 40ish who was drunk. He was sitting on the pool ledge or at least trying to, when he vomited and then passed out, sitting up. There was a group of people pointing, laughing and taking their picture with him. I really felt sorry for him. It was sad. Talking to some other people I found out that the man was supposed to be going to AA while on board. They ended up taking him back to his room in a wheelchair. The people taking his picture most likely didn't know his problem, but it doesn't make it ok to ridicule him. What goes around comes around.

While I agree 100% with the first part of your post, I have a problem with your story of the drunk.

If some ass puked into the pool ,taking a picture of him would be the nicest thing I'd want to do to him.

There is a big difference between posing beside "a couple of antique nudists" and

snapping a shot of the moron who puked on deck. I wouldn't take either picture

but feel the older couple deserve respect. Not so the drunk.

My most shocking experience.. I was 17 the last time I went on a cruise. A girl I had grown up with my whole life went with me and my mother. She met some kids on board (15-16) and we all ended up sitting around the last night of the cruise. I snapped a picture, and one of the girls in the group wanted to see it. She decided she didn't like it and deleted the picture.. Along with *every other picture* in my camera from the cruise. I was livid, to say the least.

My most shocking experience.. I was 17 the last time I went on a cruise. A girl I had grown up with my whole life went with me and my mother. She met some kids on board (15-16) and we all ended up sitting around the last night of the cruise. I snapped a picture, and one of the girls in the group wanted to see it. She decided she didn't like it and deleted the picture.. Along with *every other picture* in my camera from the cruise. I was livid, to say the least.

That was not nice of her. I would be livid as well....me and my picture taking habit.

On our last cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore, a woman wearing a pink raincoat was standing on the deck staring out to sea all by her lonesone as the weather was a little dreary and cool. A few minutes later, a man walks up from behind her, places a hand on either side of her taking hold of the rail, and states "I just love your hot latin booty!!!" The woman proceeds to turn around and to the shock and horror of the man, he RUNS quickly to the nearest exit. It turns out the man was looking for his girlfriend, and was extremely embarassed as the woman he snuggled up next to was my wife! Needless to say, my dw knew it wasn't me sneaking up behind her (the guy "felt" too short) but really didn't know what to make of the situation so she just kind of froze! We spent the rest of the cruise looking for this guy but alas we never saw him, we thought he might of been too embarassed to leave his stateroom!

stu

p.s. BTW, my wife cannot possibly have a hot, Latin booty, she's English...:)

Linda' date=' I have to admit that was a very scary sight! I'm not sure John has yet recovered. :)[/quote']

Probably hasn't! But that was the best darn cocktail party I ever attended!:D

Koko, OMG at that last picture!!!!:eek: And they let him on deck like that?!?! Hope they had a vat for boiling eyes nearby!:p

This is a great thread!

Travelling to Barbados last year to join Ventura.

One of a group of 8 girls had a little too much to drink on the flight out and was dancing and singing in the aisle, excited about her holiday!

The next time I saw her she was in a wheelchair getting priority check in for boarding .

Throughout the cruise a different girl would be in the wheelchair as we visited different islands.

At the end of the cruise they got priority departure, but at Manchester airport she had no problems pushing people out of the way and lifting her case from the conveyor belt.

We were on RCCL cruise and on our syop in Labadie, there was a woman in her 50s wearing a thong bikini...bad enough in itself, but the worst part was when she was applying suntan lotion to her backside and her fingers disappeared! :eek:

My Iced tea just came out of my nose, LOL (choking)

Last year on our cruise on the Caribbean Princess me and my Aunt were going back to our room, we were in the hallway in front of the Palm Dinning Room and this woman came walking and lets just say she had a big trunk and me and my aunt were laughing so hard, I mean there's no way you could miss it

Fortunately, this guy was not on my cruise, but rather the cruise of a friend of mine.. May 7th out of NY.. think the back was bad? I think he figured he didn't need a razor since there was no hair on his head.....

ewwwwww.jpg

gotta admit....he's got guts!

Edited by Crazy4Koko

Oh, I got a good one..

I was ont he Feb 27th sailing with John Heald and 340 or so other bloggers. The first night of the cruise a married couple got into one heck of a fight. I don't know where the husband was or what the husband was doing, but the wife THREW all of his clothes over the balcony!! Yes, every single item he had brought went overboard--closet and drawer contents....He was seen that evening at Guest Services in his tighty whiteys and nothing more....no shoes or anything....Dunno if they got off at the first stop, Nassau, or they kissed and made up. They left the environmental officer with a lot of paperwork to fill out to explain the trail of mens clothing floating in the Atlantic Ocean.....

Also, at the end of the cruise when were in line to get off the ship to gather our bags and meet the bus for the post-cruise excursion a woman was freaking out and opening/closing her rolling carry-on in line and being quite vocal about something. The CD, a social staff, and security quickly came and the security followed her off into the terminal building.....

The old man in a speedo is one I have come across before, but this dear old man's speedo was quite baggy on him and he was happy to get on the stage and dance solo for everyone.....

"The most shocking (memorable) thing I saw on my last cruise was......"

On a trip to Cozumel my family and I watched as a two "proud" parents took pictures of their daughter dancing/humping a tree with a drink in one hand and the holding onto the tree with the other. :)

Nice.

Elegant night on the Carnival Ecstasy. Next to our table sat a large group of people who were having a family reunion cruse. That night the whole group was dressed to the nines.

While waiting for dessert, my brother in law casually crossed his leg so that his foot was sticking out. When the waiter came by, he swerved to miss Roger's foot and in doing so leaned into the back of a lady at that other table. When he walked on, the lady's hairpiece was stuck to the waiter's name tag and off it went, dangling on his chest!

Edited by Piggyvkc

On my first ever cruise, way back when Carnival Destiny was brand new, we had the pleasure of sailing with a late 20something woman and her aging playboy meal ticket. She never missed a chance to flash her newly purchased assets, but the topper was seeing her run across the bar, hurl herself at male bar staff, (repeatedly!!) wrap her legs around them, ummmm, koala style? and well, give it to them. We tried to get bar staff to throw her out, but they were, shall we say, otherwise engaged (and quite enamored!!!) I'm just glad I was young enough to laugh it off. Now that I'm old and crotchety, not so much!!

On my first ever cruise, way back when Carnival Destiny was brand new, we had the pleasure of sailing with a late 20something woman and her aging playboy meal ticket. She never missed a chance to flash her newly purchased assets, but the topper was seeing her run across the bar, hurl herself at male bar staff, (repeatedly!!) wrap her legs around them, ummmm, koala style? and well, give it to them. We tried to get bar staff to throw her out, but they were, shall we say, otherwise engaged (and quite enamored!!!) I'm just glad I was young enough to laugh it off. Now that I'm old and crotchety, not so much!!

As we were waiting to depart Cozumel this past week, we watched a 20-something spy a young gentleman she must have known.. she ran full tilt into him, jumped up, wrapped her legs around his middle..knocking him to the ground...then proceeded to 'ride the wild pony'......

Carnival Liberty, San Juan Puerto Rico, docked around 9:00pm about an hour before we depart. We were on our aft wrap balcony chatting with our neighbors above us about the day when two guy's way up on the first public deck of the ship spotted us as they leaned over the railing. The two idiots proceeded to hawk a couple of lugis down at us that almost hit us.

I was about ready to kick some butt!!!