28 Day Sapphire South Pacific fashion questions and other girly stuff

SissyG

They have a size chart with measurements somewhere on their site that might help you decide. I'm not sure about their return policy...when I ordered they were offering free fedex and they also didn't charge sales tax so I figured if my dress didn't fit I would return it...luckily it fit and it's a keeper.

Sissy, no luck on the pink suitcase yet. I am kicking myself because that my suitcase is a Delsey and I bet the one mentioned earlier was a match! I've been too busy at work to do much Internet time, so I didn't get to look at the site until Friday night! Dang, lol. The search goes on.

Sissy, right now I have to say I liked that "cottage print" best, because it resembles a cottage garden and because it is smallish. But I would not order it since you already have it. I don't think we want to do the twins thing! LOL I will have to look at the other prints. I don't do large prints ... I don't feel comfortable in them.

Hey there Bob and Patti! Nice surprise hearing from you.

I fully understand doing the Golden to Hawaii again. It's like a no-brainer!!

About the time you are heading out on the Golden, I (and Nancy) will be starting a Caribbean cruise on the Emerald.

Enjoy the Golden!

Mary Lou

Sissy....thanks for starting this thread.

Donna......here is my pink suitcase....not sure about the size, but it's over 28 inches down the side :). Got it at Marshall's 2 cruises ago and it's been a lifesaver....both for spotting inside the terminal and also for filling with "stuff"....it's like a bottomless pit :D. Course, I usually can't pick it up when I'm finished packing :(:

2495353710101352404S600x600Q85.jpg

It does get awfully dirty so I may try that upholstery cleaner tip on it.

I, too, love Chico's.....maybe we should call ourselves The Chico's Girls :p....I have a cute Chico story to tell....next post.

Andi

I was looking at the Jams World web site again. I, too, rarely order clothing because I am hard to fit. I notice that there is a Jams World Store in the Royal Hawaiian Center in Honolulu. That is a lovely shopping center near the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. There are other locations in Honolulu and also in Maui. Check out the "retail" link at the top of the page. If you don't want to order, you could wait until we are in Hawaii to do your shopping.

Hey there Bob and Patti! Nice surprise hearing from you.

I fully understand doing the Golden to Hawaii again. It's like a no-brainer!!

About the time you are heading out on the Golden, I (and Nancy) will be starting a Caribbean cruise on the Emerald.

Enjoy the Golden!

Mary Lou

We were on the Emerald last May in the carribbean. Have fun!

I like the clothes by Fresh Produce for cruises too and have bought the pants and tops for several years. Last year my daughter bought me a short dress for Mother's Day and I liked it so well I had to buy another one. They are 100% cotton knit and the colors and patterns are pretty. They also come in plus sizes.

http://www.freshproduceclothes.com

Sissy

I loved Natalie Portman's Oscar gown and would love to have it in the non-maternity version...or maybe the maternity style would be better for me..LOL LOL...the style and color were beautiful. I wonder if there will be a knock off of it...I think that I'll watch the internet for it.

I am looking for a simple, long dress to go with this jacket. Loaned the outfit to a friend. Somehow she lost the dress :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

Here is a photo before it went missing. It was a simple sleeveless tank dress. Any help on where to find something similar would be great. I love, love, love the jacket! Hmmm, I have lost weight since this pic was taken :D

Love reading this thread. Even though I am not big on shopping, I love clothes!

Cheers, Denise

61430766.jpg

I loved Natalie Portman's Oscar gown and would love to have it in the non-maternity version...or maybe the maternity style would be better for me..LOL LOL...the style and color were beautiful. I wonder if there will be a knock off of it...I think that I'll watch the internet for it.

Me too Sissy!

There were so many beautiful dresses last night.

I am looking for a simple, long dress to go with this jacket. Loaned the outfit to a friend. Somehow she lost the dress :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

Here is a photo before it went missing. It was a simple sleeveless tank dress. Any help on where to find something similar would be great. I love, love, love the jacket! Hmmm, I have lost weight since this pic was taken :D

Love reading this thread. Even though I am not big on shopping, I love clothes!

Cheers, Denise

61430766.jpg

Is your jacket a Diane Gilman? It looks like something she might do.

Check out Ebay.com - sometimes I luck out there.

These are really beautiful colors Denise, it reminds me of under the sea in a coral garden. Have you thought having a dressmaker make a simple tank style dress for you? That way you could find the perfect color and fabric and could have it with a back slit or side slits or what ever you wanted. You have to have a dress to go with this beautiful jacket before the South Seas cruise, it's perfect.

Thanks for all the input, Ladies! I have no idea who made the jacket. I bought it at this wonderful store in Calistoga, CA that closed a couple of years ago. Such a bummer, they had "ME" clothes galore.

Wore it for our oldest son's wedding. Our granddaugher was 3 at the time. When she saw me in it she said "Oh Nonna, you look like a mermaid". Perfect for the South Pacific :D

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for posting your dress, Denise! The jacket is lovely. I can certainly see why your granddaughter thought you looked like a mermaid with all those lovely colors. What a cute comment. Let us know what you decide to do about the missing dress. If I see anything similar online, I will post a link. Hope everyone has had a wonderful day.

I am not the one to answer that since I tend to change shoes 3-4 times a day. lol I like a lot of shoes just in case.....

Teri

Teri, LOL! On our 10 day Star Princess cruise, I took 18 pair of shoes :D Didn't even win our Roll Call shoe contest. Another cruiser had 28 pairs!!! When we drive to a port it is truly scary when it comes to packing.

Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours to pick up a good friend from Atlanta. Jon will be with us for the next 3 weeks. Lucky for us he is an excellent house guest. This is his third visit in 18 months!!

Cheers, Denise

Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours to pick up a good friend from Atlanta. Jon will be with us for the next 3 weeks. Lucky for us he is an excellent house guest. This is his third visit in 18 months!!

Cheers, Denise

I would say that you must be an excellent hostess as well!

Beth, thanks! We do enjoy entertaining and I absolutely love to cook.

Donna, you are the SMART traveler!! I actually cruised to Mexico in January with only 5 pair :D It can be done. LOL.

Cheers, Denise

dchip wrote:

On our 10 day Star Princess cruise, I took 18 pair of shoes :D Didn't even win our Roll Call shoe contest. Another cruiser had 28 pairs!!! When we drive to a port it is truly scary when it comes to packing.

Oh my gosh! I'm putting stuff together to pack for a 10 day cruise in 2 weeks, and thought I had set out too many pairs of shoes. Not even close! Now if I decide to add a few more pairs, I won't feel guilty, as long as I stay under the weight limit for checked bags..

Denise, I love the colors in your jacket, and really hope you succeed in finding a dress to wear it with. It's just lovely!

Mary Lou

Archived