Night Before Hotel

ticketing

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please suggest a nice hotel/motel for the night before sailing on the Allure 6/26/2011?

I am traveling with family from various states and some are flying into FLL the night before. I live in the Tampa area and will be driving down.

We would like to be able to leave the car at the hotel/motel and have a shuttle take everyone to the port the day of sailing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

THANKS! :)

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. In the immediate area are:

Hilton Fort Lauderale Marina

Holiday Inn Express

Extended Stay America

There is also a Comfort Inn on Stirling Road (a bit farther from the Port than the others) that has a free shuttle from the airport and to the Port.

While researching for myself over the past few months, 17th st is mentioned alot as close to everything and a nice place. The Hyatt and Embassy Suites are mentioned frequently. I waited to Jan 1 to make my reservation only to find almost everything is booked for the 4/30-5/1 night. Apparently something is going on in town along with 5 ships departing that day, so I would go ahead and book today.

Oh, yea I ended up at a Rodeway Inn, that does have a shuttle, but I don't know about parking since I'm flying in.

We are sailing 7/24/11. I made my reservations a few days ago for the Hilton Marina. We are flying in, so parking is not an issue for us. I called the hotel before booking to do some research. They were very helpful. I was told it is about $15-$20 taxi ride from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the hotel depending on traffic. I was also told they have a shuttle to the port for $6/person. There are a few leads on this site for many hotels. It depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. I picked this hotel for the reasons above and because I was able to book a Tower Room which faces the port. My husband will enjoy watching the ships leave on Saturday and the Allure dock Sunday morning. Hope this is helpful! Enjoy your cruise!

Let me give you a heads up on Roadway Inn which we stayed at a couple weeks ago before we were on Oasis. Yes, you got a free ride from the airport to the hotel. And

suppose to get a free ride to the ship. The manager made us all pay an extra $2.00 each just because we wanted to leave 5 mins earlier. He put it in his pocket not the driver.

This place is a dump. Alot of upset people the night before checking in. The manager is a trip! A big BSer. Ok, that said if you want to save money to have more money to spend on the ship go there. I paid $103.00 a night . We found out from others they paid $200.00.

A doctor and his wife. They really got screwed. Another guest showed me his bill . $50.00 he bid on the internet. My complaint the bathrooms were not clean. The floor I wouldn't even put my bare feet on. Yes, I felt safe. The restuarant was a rip off. Others went to the hotel next door to eat. It look like a hotel from the 60s. Never been updated. If you go there don't pay $200.00 it will bring your blood pressure up big time. The bus driver really got an ear full about the manager on the way to the ship. My husband said he would go back just to save money and as long as it is for one night only. I think you have to pay extra for parking the week there which doesn't surprise me. I don't think it is fenced in. Like I said heads up.

at Embassy Suites & Hyatt Place on 17th St. Gotten both on hotwire for under $100 (check betterbidding.com)

Both have breakfast; both charge for shuttle; it is only $10 taxi to port so better to cab it.

Great proximity to mall--sports bar, liquor store.....

Here is a link to the Fort Lauderdale Port's hotel listing.

It tells you who offers shuttles from the airport, to the port

and who has cruise and stay deals.

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

Unfortunately, they need to update it. We are staying at the Best Western airport/cruiseport next month and they stopped the complimentary shuttle to the port. It now cost you $. Not sure how much.

I found out about this change on a review in Tripadvisor. Free shuttle service is not a deal breaker for us, but it is one of the things we were looking for when booking a hotel.

I did call them as we made our reservations when the shuttle was still free. They said that as long as you made your reservation before a certain date, can't remember the exact date, but it was in October, they honor the free shuttle. We made our reservations last June, so we are good!!!

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please suggest a nice hotel/motel for the night before sailing on the Allure 6/26/2011?

I am traveling with family from various states and some are flying into FLL the night before. I live in the Tampa area and will be driving down.

We would like to be able to leave the car at the hotel/motel and have a shuttle take everyone to the port the day of sailing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

THANKS! :)

We stayed at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-North before our Oasis cruise last September and are staying there again before our Allure cruise in August. The hotel is very nice, close to Port Everglades, and has a complimentary shuttle from the airport. Can't say anything about parking as we flew in.

It looks like the rate for your time slot is $89 (me too in August) a night if you book here through ValueTrips.com

Let me give you a heads up on Roadway Inn Like I said heads up.

Thanks for that, I paid $90, and if there is any crap about the shuttle, I'll take a cab. I was going to stay someplace nicer, but everything filled up Jan 1st for our weekend.

We always book through HOTELS.COM and get 1 free night with every 10 nights of rooms reserved through them. Adds up to about a free room for a night every year or so for me. Regardless, has a lot of good reviews and insight.

One thing I have heard is not to bother with the shuttles. a taxi will run you about $10-$15, and is on your time.

Many good places available here for around $100/night, including the Hilton, Ramada, Hyatt, and the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port.

call the hotel, verify you can keep your vehicle there, then book online.

Enjoy!

Anyone know which hotels have views that can see the ships? Even if its not from the room....maybe from the pool area or something....we always enjoyed staying at the FLL Marriott Marina & enjoyed looking for our ship 1st thing in the morning....now its a Hilton & I understand the reviews have been mixed...wondering if any other hotels have a similar view?

For our last cruise in December, we stayed at the brand new (so new most cab drivers did not know it by name, but they were able to locate it by address) Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. The hotel and staff were wonderful.

For our upcoming May cruise we will be staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. We chose this hotel and location, because it is closer to all of the things we enjoy doing precruise.

Hope this info helps.

We are sailing on the 1st May and have booked Hyatt Regency Pier 66. I had no idea where to stay and just looked online. Has anyone stayed here or know anything about it?

Archived