Being used for our low boarding zone #

bumbles

So, my husband and I were just reminiscing about our last cruise out of Miami. We had a zone 4 tag, and when we were called for boarding, a couple came up to us and asked if they could join our party for boarding...they had a zone 22 tag. We kind of laughed it off like they were kidding, but they were not since they also approached some other people in line.

Has this happened to anyone else, and did you allow them to join you?

G'ma is always posting about selling her debarkation zone 1 and priority tags on ebay. A fool is born every minute they say....people will buy anything ..and do almost anything to get ahead.

Never had that happen and I give away my tags if someone wants them.

Yes, I've had it happen to me. I has a #2 zone and I had been speaking to a very nice lady, who said that she was waiting for her mom and sister. They were running late, so by the time they checked in, their zone was in the 20's. The mom asked me if they could join and I had no problem. I enjoyed speaking to them so much, that I didn't want to "lose" them.

It didn't cost me anything:)

I guess, I would depending on the circumstance (eldery, politeness, ages of the children, etc) Guess I'm a pushover grandma:o

It was just a man and a woman probably in their 40's...wouldn't have really mattered to us - we were just a little taken aback by it.

Yes, I've had it happen to me. I has a #2 zone and I had been speaking to a very nice lady, who said that she was waiting for her mom and sister. They were running late, so by the time they checked in, their zone was in the 20's. The mom asked me if they could join and I had no problem. I enjoyed speaking to them so much, that I didn't want to "lose" them.

That's a nice story! I would have done it in those circumstances too. :p

I've never heard of that, and had to chuckle about the original post, since it brought such a comical image to mind. :D

I've never been "used" or tried to use someone to get on board sooner, but I have had a nice Carnival employee approach me before and invite us on board before our zone # was called. She saw my little one holding our zone card (zone 13) and said something like "I don't like seeing people with small children having to wait around out here." :)

So, my husband and I were just reminiscing about our last cruise out of Miami. We had a zone 4 tag, and when we were called for boarding, a couple came up to us and asked if they could join our party for boarding...they had a zone 22 tag. We kind of laughed it off like they were kidding, but they were not since they also approached some other people in line.

Has this happened to anyone else, and did you allow them to join you?

Nope. And, if they did, I'd probably break out in laughter.

If they want high boarding numbers, let them earn it like the rest of us did.

Nope. And' date=' if they did, I'd probably break out in laughter.

If they want high boarding numbers, let them earn it like the rest of us did.[/quote']

I felt like saying to them "Find everyone with a lower boarding number and ask if it's OK with them...if it's OK with them, it's OK with us" but I didn't...just kept moving.

I wonder if they eventually got on before their allotted zone. I also wonder if they showed up when Carnival said their "suggested boarding time" was.

I felt like saying to them "Find everyone with a lower boarding number and ask if it's OK with them...if it's OK with them, it's OK with us" but I didn't...just kept moving.

I wonder if they eventually got on before their allotted zone. I also wonder if they showed up when Carnival said their "suggested boarding time" was.

I like that answer!!

I guess we are just cold hearted....we just sailed with my inlaws (we are VIP ~they are not). They are in their 70's.

No way would I have tried to get them on with us. They have traveled around the world from Europe to Asia to Austrailia multiple times...I figured they would get from the terminal to the cruise ship ... and they did.

We just waited for them on the Promenade....

In San Juan last year we happened to be zone three or four but we were sitting right outside the VIP door and were talking with some folks who were VIP inside the room. When the VIP Host gathered the group she very gently whispered to me, please join us and took my card. So the ManHo and I did. Since it was our 9th cruise with Carnival I didn't feel to badly about it and thought it was quite nice of her.

When you enable cheaters you are costing other guests their rightful place.

Archived