Help AQ on Equinox cabin 1501

insag

Help, Celebrity just called I was on waitlist for AQ and one is open it is cabin 1501,, good and bad please with AQ on the Equinox for a 10 night cruise right under the treadmills it looks like,, HELP it is worth 316.00 for two people for a 10 night cruise and hae to worry about the fitness center above did pool above one time in a full suite and will NEVER do that again...

ALSO there is a waitlist for select dining only 8:30 would this upgrade help me move to select dining... I hate schedules on vacations

Thanks I love cruise critic..

Can't help with the specific cabin, but I do know from my research into AQ that even though you do sign up for a dining time, Blu is always select dining, you just show up when you want to. We are looking forward to a relaxed dinner experience because of that!

You might hear early morning noise from the deck above; one of the disadvantages of AQ. There are more advantages though than disadvantages - bring ear plugs! Blu is very amiable about letting you dine whenever you want. Just let the maitre 'd know ahead of time.

we are so worried about the noise..

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and trying to figure out the difference between Sky suite and Aqua class-- this is for a cruise later this year and she was telling me that the suites can not go to the Blu,,, that makes no sense...

I know the suites are bigger but what other differnce

we are so worried about the noise..

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and trying to figure out the difference between Sky suite and Aqua class-- this is for a cruise later this year and she was telling me that the suites can not go to the Blu,,, that makes no sense...

I know the suites are bigger but what other differnce

Suites may go to Blu for breakfast for no charge. For dinner, they may only dine there is space is available and, if so, they must pay $5 per/person each dinner where they dine in Blu.

The main advantages of a suite are larger stateroom and bathroom, usually a larger balcony, and butler service. There are some additional suite perks, such as a free meal in a specialty restaurant for S-Class ships (two free meals on long cruises). The gratuities are about $3 per/person per/day extra with a suite (since you are tipping a butler in addition to your room steward). The Sky Suites are nice, but are not really true suites - i.e. it is just one room, but significantly larger than a non-suite. In order to have a truly separate living and sleeping area you need to go up to a Celebrity Suite or higher.

Aqua Class actually has some perks suite guests do not receive. I.e. in addition to dinner in Blu, the massaging shower jets are nicer in an Aqua class stateroom than most suites and suite guests do not receive free bottled water or free access to Persian Gardens.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am in room 1501 on the Equinox on an upcoming cruise. I found this thread. I was wondering if insag actually booked that room or if anyone else has experience.

We are quite excited about AQ and haven't heard complaints about the noise.

Hello,

I am in room 1501 on the Equinox on an upcoming cruise. I found this thread. I was wondering if insag actually booked that room or if anyone else has experience.

We were in the room next door - 1503.

Very quiet and we are sensitive to noise. It was fine.

Very close to the relaxation room. That was a plus.

We were in the room next door - 1503.

Very quiet and we are sensitive to noise. It was fine.

Very close to the relaxation room. That was a plus.

Thanks! That alleviates my worries.

Help, Celebrity just called I was on waitlist for AQ and one is open it is cabin 1501,, good and bad please with AQ on the Equinox for a 10 night cruise right under the treadmills it looks like,, HELP it is worth 316.00 for two people for a 10 night cruise and hae to worry about the fitness center above did pool above one time in a full suite and will NEVER do that again...

ALSO there is a waitlist for select dining only 8:30 would this upgrade help me move to select dining... I hate schedules on vacations

When you book an AQ cabin your designated dining room is Blu, not the Main Dining Room. Blu is totally anytime dining. YOu will be asked to pick a time however that is just a computer thing.

I was in 1501 on Solstice and didn't have any problems, thought it was a very convienent room.

We were in 1601 and had no noise issues except for one evening when there was a little noise from the pool party - but that was music coming down through the nearby staircase and atrium and just the one evening.

There are some hvac vents above the veranda that make a little noise outside now and then, but never an issue inside and not much of an issue outside either.

I wouldn't hesitate booking that cabin again.

Edited by Lsimon

Was in 1503 on Silhouette and had minimal occasional noise in mid-morning from above - it was pretty brief and not really annoying. The people in 1501 loved their cabin - had 1501 on another Solstice class ship and requested it again - they never mentioned noise. We loved the general area of the ship - very quiet hallway - it is a walk to most things, which was not a problem for us. I would probably choose 1501 next time, if available.

I think this cabin is under the Beauty Salon? I think we were going to book this cabin, but a Suite came up. If it is, you may have a good chance of it being quiet. I stepped into the Salon to see just how busy/noisy it is, and it wasn't too bad...

Hello,

We did 1505 on Equinox which is 2 down from 1501 and same layout.

1501 is the most foreward and very close to the Bridge. No noise at all in 1505, treadmills etc are on other (Starboard) side.

• 2 years later...