Half Moon Cay Question

august1963

I noticed a few "clam shell" are they free or for rent ? If they are for rent any idea of the cost ?

You do rent them and the cost should be on your cruise website on the excursions page. We were able to find a shady spot and I sat there and just moved the chair as needed.

You do rent them and the cost should be on your cruise website on the excursions page. We were able to find a shady spot and I sat there and just moved the chair as needed.

I think they were $12 last time we were there, you can fit two people under on shell. But I agree, we did not get one because we had no problem finding shad throughout the day.

That is way crowded for HMC... I have been there 8 times and LOVE it - now we always rent a cabana there... makes it far more enjoyable...

WOW 8 Times!! I am in envy. I love that place. I have only been once and can't wait to go back. It's my favorite too.

Yes you can rent snorkel gear near the beach.There are snack bars available but the huge BBQ thats included in your day is fabulous.The beach is probably my favourite in the Caribbean the sand is like talcum powder. The only downside to this port is it's weather dependent, if it's to windy creating large waves the port will be canceled because it's to dangerous shuttling passengers between ship and port

Our group is 2 families travelling together - 4 adults and 4 kids. I think I read that a cabana accomodates 4 people, but what's to stop one family from renting and the other sort of sharing it. I'm not expecting sodas/snacks for more than the 4 of us, but I don't see any reason why the 8 of us couldn't hang around in/around it. Right? Are there additional beach chairs nearby for us to grab and bring over to the cabana.

Are the buffet and 'facilities' close by? Do we walk to the cabana or get a shuttle? It would be nice for us fair skinned people to have some shade and a/c.

Half Moon was one of our absolute favorite ports. The water was warmer than the air outside that day, and it was scortching. We didn't have a cabana since we planned on being in the water all day (and we were). There is some ok snorkeling near the Oasis cabana and worth a swim over there if you are into snorkeling. Look for the barracuda! We saw it and while I was not surprised to see it as I read these boards, DH was shocked!

Enjoy it! Wish we were going back!

Our group is 2 families travelling together - 4 adults and 4 kids. I think I read that a cabana accomodates 4 people, but what's to stop one family from renting and the other sort of sharing it. I'm not expecting sodas/snacks for more than the 4 of us, but I don't see any reason why the 8 of us couldn't hang around in/around it. Right?
I won't tell if you don't... ;)
Are there additional beach chairs nearby for us to grab and bring over to the cabana.
yes

Are the buffet and 'facilities' close by?

Depends on which cabana you get, but NONE of them are very far away from the dining area or other facilities...
Do we walk to the cabana or get a shuttle?
We walked last time, but I understand there's a shuttle.
It would be nice for us fair skinned people to have some shade and a/c.
...and some high-number sunscreen.

Archived