Rhapsody review - Full version!

cazz0069

Cruises to nowhere are a good way to check out a new ship but I noticed the 2 dayer on Radiance is being quoted at nearly $600 pp for an inside for effectively two nights and one day...they have got to be joking:eek:

I agree Debs...itinerary is one thing but the ship and the company of those you travel with really makes a difference.

OMG thats nearly doubled in price since we booked :eek:

Cruises to nowhere are a good way to check out a new ship but I noticed the 2 dayer on Radiance is being quoted at nearly $600 pp for an inside for effectively two nights and one day...they have got to be joking:eek:

Its popularity speaks volumes! Positive experiences from Rhapsody have done a good upsell job from the locals, plus it's getting a lot of off-shore interest (hence the high prices for the cruise cazz mentioned).

OMG thats nearly doubled in price since we booked :eek:

I missed out on booking the $199 special back a few months ago.....it just keeps creeping up and up and UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Everything else is pretty exxy too on the Radiance. Let's hope that when full deposits are due lots pull out and they bring in the specials :D

I missed out on booking the $199 special back a few months ago.....it just keeps creeping up and up and UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Everything else is pretty exxy too on the Radiance. Let's hope that when full deposits are due lots pull out and they bring in the specials :D

Yeah Deb i noticed that too...That Hawaiian cruise had balcony cabins about $1500 more than what you would get on the same route....we can only keep watching :)

My wife and I loved the Rhapsody as well. It was our first cruise though so we had nothing to compare it to. ;):) I must say I loved the food onboard and didn't miss the fact there was no lobster unlike yourself...I don't really like lobster lol. :p:D

I loved the solarium cafe for the pizza, hotdogs and burgers!! It's surreal to be sitting by the indoor pool at 12:30pm eating pepperoni pizza, fries and a hamburger. Then again, I'm a man of simple tastes!

As for those whinging about the entertainment, well we had people onboard like that too. Each to their own I guess...everyone likes different forms of entertainment...like food lol! It's a shame when people can't enjoy themselves because they didn't like the entertainment or the food wasn't hot enough etc etc, and yet you constantly see people whinging about these things. Just enjoy yourself I say!! ;):)

Here is a youtube clip of the Celine Dion impersonator on Rhapsody. This is her winning some talent show on UK tv.

Hi Jas,

Just wondering whether you know if the Celine impersonator will be on Rhapsody on cruise leaving April 4. My husband is a fan of Celine and our original plan was to take a trip to Las Vegas to see the real Celne for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were unable to go with this plan and the Cruise won out instead. Would be great if the impersonator is on board. It would make hubby's day.

Kim

Hi Jas,

Just wondering whether you know if the Celine impersonator will be on Rhapsody on cruise leaving April 4. My husband is a fan of Celine and our original plan was to take a trip to Las Vegas to see the real Celne for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were unable to go with this plan and the Cruise won out instead. Would be great if the impersonator is on board. It would make hubby's day.

Kim

Hi Kim, she was really amazing so it would be great if she was. I have to be honest though i have no idea. I am not sure how often they rotate their acts and whether or not they stay on the ship for a certain amount of time. Maybe one of my other fellow CCers could shine any light on this for us....:)

Hi jas, great info, I'm booked for the Xmas cruise in a junior corner suite I'm really looking forward to it, this site is all new to me I'd be very interested in meeting up with others but I'm really unsure how to do it as well as using this wall, I'm not normally a computer person, any advice would be helpful. Cheers kaz

Hi jas, great info, I'm booked for the Xmas cruise in a junior corner suite I'm really looking forward to it, this site is all new to me I'd be very interested in meeting up with others but I'm really unsure how to do it as well as using this wall, I'm not normally a computer person, any advice would be helpful. Cheers kaz

Hi Kazwal, See if the corner junior aft suites are available. They are the ones with the huge wraparound balconies!!! Friends of ours had a junior suite and complained about the noise from the pool deck, whereas our friends on the corner suites, didnt hear a thing!!! :)

I am eyeing off Radiance relocation cruise in April, the 17 nighter to Hawaii via NZ and Tahiti for $2800 for ocean view, Would love a balcony but they are quoting $4700...too much for me i`m afraid, especially as we would have to fly home.....my minds ticking over :rolleyes:

Gday Jas,

Did I see advertised in the Sunday paper a fly/cruise deal for this cruise?? Sorry, didnt pay too much attention to it as we've changed our 2012 cruise to NZ now.

Cheers

Sharon

;)

Thanks jas sounds really good I read debsta blog too how fun, my husband and I are seriously looking tahiti next year probably september, my mother inlaw sails the honoluu to Sydney on the radiance this September, I have been to Tahiti and stayed a week in bora bora in a magic expensive resort that took 5yrs to get there, wow what an experience the most beautiful place I have ever been, papeete is nothing special but bora bora is, It truly is a special romantic place, the black pearls, the food, the shark swimming, the scenery, the cruise gives you the best of both worlds moorea, papeete and bora bora plus New Zealand which is great value for money, I did New Zealand for 10 days then 7 Bora Bora and the cruise price is a very good value. Thanks to yours and debsta I've decided to give cruising another go and take our teenage daughter. My experience on the sun besides bad seas and a very large group of males in there 20s drunk harassing people left a bad taste, but seeing how you are all so involved it's great, sounds like the rhapsody will be fun fun, good luck planning the next one cheers kazwal

Archived