Question for DFW cruisers to Galveston

PSkinner

we drive down the day of the cruise.. we get up early that morning and drive right in.. One time we did drive the day before because it was bad weather and we wanted to make sure we could take our time to get there..

I dont think we'd ever fly since its not that far..

We drove to Houston a few years back for our son's high school state championship game in Dec and 45 was very foggy. It took us over 5 hours from just NE of Dallas. Is August any better? We want to drive in on Saturday, spend the day at the beach, then cruise on Sunday. Just wondering about fog at that time of year. School starts the next day and we want to have plenty of time to get back home.

Thanks for all the answers.

I love Galveston so much, we are going down three days before this next cruise just to "hang". Like the others said, I have heard getting from the airport to Galveston is a hassle and costly, so you are better off going down the day before or a couple of days before and leisurely relax before you get on the ship.

Do you drive or fly to Galveston? Which is the more economical way to go; which is easier?

We drive in from Dallas the day before. Hotel costs and parking are generally less expensive than flying in and then paying for a shuttle to Galveston. Just be careful not to hit Houston duiring rush hour on a weekday - that takes forever!

EZCruise parking is $50/week on-line;they shuttle you to the port and are there to pick you up when you return. Many hotels offer free cruise parking.

Have fun.

I've driven to Galveston a day early and I've driven the day of the cruise. Both were fine. It is just what you like doing. I wouldn't fly down as one would spend as much time at the airport and have very little control.

Nancy

Archived