Pride: should we upgrade to premium balcony?

bunchesofun

We are booked on the Pride May 15th. In playing around with the fare checker I noticed that there is a premium balcony cabin that came available since we booked. It is number 6279. We are currently booked into extended balcony number 7178. 7178 is on Verandah deck, midship. 6279 is on Empress deck aft. It is also near the elevators. The extra cost would be $80. Is it worth it? Will the elevators be noisy? What about motion of the sea in the aft section? Can anyone give me their thoughts so I can think about this rationally?

I personally think you hear so much about premium balconys because on conquest class they are aft wraps. If its not a wrap, its no biggie to me. You class of ship I believe has suites in the aft wrap positions.

Id be happy with what you got, the extended.

It is bigger, but Im not sure its worth paying more for... but someone else might. I did a larger JS on RCL and I guess I expected hotel sized with the bigger cabins, lol.

Premium:

Premium Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, wrap around balcony, private bath with shower, mini bar, safe,... phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer.

Staterooms 5241 and 5243 have obstructed views.

On Decks: Panorama Verandah Empress Upper

Click for more details and diagrams

More (+)

Sleeps up to: 3

Avg sq ft cabin: 230

Balcony: 85

I just mentioned it to dh before he left for work. He wasn't pleased about it being aft, and the elevators. I told him to think about it when he's at work and to let me know in the morning so I know whether to call my pvp or not. It's a tradeoff (as most things in life are!) and a hard decision for me. I'm not a good decision maker.:o

We are booked on the Pride May 15th. In playing around with the fare checker I noticed that there is a premium balcony cabin that came available since we booked. It is number 6279. We are currently booked into extended balcony number 7178. 7178 is on Verandah deck, midship. 6279 is on Empress deck aft. It is also near the elevators. The extra cost would be $80. Is it worth it? Will the elevators be noisy? What about motion of the sea in the aft section? Can anyone give me their thoughts so I can think about this rationally?

Don't know about upgrading to a premium balcony, but that is our cabin for a cruise in August. We had the same cabin last year for a cruise in July and loved the location and extended balcony.

Thanks, I just wasn't positive which you meant. When I did a search, half the people say the elevators are not noisy, and the other half says they are! And as for aft, I guess it just depends on whether the seas are calm or not as to whether that would prove to be a problem.

Thanks, I just wasn't positive which you meant. When I did a search, half the people say the elevators are not noisy, and the other half says they are! And as for aft, I guess it just depends on whether the seas are calm or not as to whether that would prove to be a problem.

No problem. My answer wasn't exactly clear.

I think that pretty much goes with everything regarding a cruise for every aspect people love, you'll probably find just as many people that dislike it. The cruise in July was our first and we didn't know what to expect. We like Carnival pick our cabin and ended up with the extended balcony.

Archived