Port Canaveral Country Inn & Suites shuttle

travelnut4

It seems that you can't sign up for the shuttle for the next day to the cruise pier until you check in. We will be traveling a distance and will not be arriving until the evening. Has anyone had a problem arriving in the evening and getting an early shuttle time (around 11:00)? How does the shuttle work when you get off of the ship to go back to your car? Do you set up a time in advance to be picked up?...not sure how one would know when they would be able to be off the ship with their luggage and ready to go. We will have a long trip home and would want to get as early a start as we could. Thanks for any help/advice!

I can't help with the piece about signing up late the previous evening, but I can help with the return trip. When we were there last October, we got great instructions from the drivers. There are two vans with a trailer that hauls the luggage (in other words, lots of room). They are waiting at the pier when the ships come in and start doing runs back and forth. They don't wait until the van is full before taking you back to the hotel. They will give you a phone number and if you get off and no one is there, they want you to call. We were in our car and on the road back home by 8:00.

It was seamless. I really wish more ships left from this port - love it and CI&S. Have a wonderful time!

We never had a problem getting a shuttle when we arrived late. When getting off the ship, the driver will have a sign. Very easy. The mistake I made on our first cruise out of Port Canaveral with a 9 hr drive, is accepted the time given to me. I now always get an earlier time. Check the price for the shuttle against a taxi.

I can't help with the piece about signing up late the previous evening, but I can help with the return trip. When we were there last October, we got great instructions from the drivers. There are two vans with a trailer that hauls the luggage (in other words, lots of room). They are waiting at the pier when the ships come in and start doing runs back and forth. They don't wait until the van is full before taking you back to the hotel. They will give you a phone number and if you get off and no one is there, they want you to call. We were in our car and on the road back home by 8:00.

It was seamless. I really wish more ships left from this port - love it and CI&S. Have a wonderful time!

Thanks so much...eases my mind! We were just on the Serenade of the Seas and I recall the departure times to disembark for those not catching flights were around 9:30-10:00. The Freedom may be different, but would love to be on the road more around 8:00. Can you leave whenever you want or do you have to wait for your group to be called to disembark?

Archived