How do we do laundry in Bermuda?

NANTCKET

I am going on the Majesty in August to Bermuda. As there are no self-service launderettes on-board ship (that's poor customer service, in my opinion), does anyone know if there are any in St. George's, close to the ship? I do not want to bring a ton of luggage and I have messy children that go through lots of outfits! Thanks, all!

Christine

Didn't you ask the same question on the Bermuda board?

here is the thread there..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=143517

Laundries on cruise ships are relatively new and the Majesty is an older ship. When they replace it I am sure the new ship will have a laundry. About 3-4 nights in, NCL tends to run a 19.95 special that is all you can fit in a fairly large bag...

remember Bermuda is an expensive island it may not be cheaper to do your own. Also water in Bermuda is in short supply(they won't sell water to the cruise ships)

I don't think most of the cruiselines have laundermats, do they?

I know Princess does, but they're the only ones I can think of.

Celebrity, no. RCI, I don't think so. Carnival?

Anyway, doing laundry on a vacation does not appeal to me at all.

Most ships do not have self-service laundries any more, but they all have laundry service! Let them do it for you, you're on vacation!!! Who wants to do laundry on vacation anyway, you don't really want to spend your time on Bermuda in a LAUNDROMAT do you??? :confused:

Does anyone know if the Jewell runs the same special on their 14 day cruises for the 1 bag for $19.95 laundry service[ or something similar?]

No one does yet, except perhaps someone at NCL... The Jewel is still under construction, and doesn't go into service until August. ;)

Just an opinion here - I used the self serve laundromat on the Carnival Pride on our recent trip. It was expensive ($4.00 to wash and drive and extra for soap) and you had to go at odd hours to get an empty washer. Used it once and could never get an empty washer another time. So, when they ran the $20.00 bag special I cramed everything in that I could and happily paid the $20.00.

Okay... That's correct, Jewel of the Seas is in service, but since the first person on this thread was asking about an NCL ship I guess I was thinking NCL, and the NORWEGIAN JEWEL doesn't go into service until August as IT is still being built.

Goes to prove that you can find ANYHTING on the internet. I remember McHales Navy, when Gruber, played by the late Carl Ballentine, used to put the laundry in a 55 gallon drum with holes in it, dumped in some detergent powder and dropped it over the stern and dragged it with a rope. I have a Kodak moment of that behind a cruise ship.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have experience using the quickie lickie laundromat or any others while in Bermuda? Thanks for all the previous tips, may use the laundry deal on NCL Majesty but would prefer to do it myself if I can.

Archived