Turkey Tax Question ?

Ok guys does anyone know the answer to this one ? If you fly to Turkey from the Uk for a land based holiday you have to pay £10 to enter and put a sticker/Visa into your passport.

So what happens when your port stops include Turkey ? is it paid by the Cruiseline or do you pay before leaving the ship? or do you have to take your passport with you when leaving the ship to go through customs to get it stamped/pay.

If so what happens when you have multiple stops in Turkey do you have to pay twice ?

On our last Med cruise, which included 2 stops in Turkey, the ship took our passports at the very beginning (in Rome) and kept them until after the 2 Turkey stops (a bit more than halfway thru)

When we stopped in Istanbul, our first Turkey stop, they gave everyone a white card to fill out. Told us we needed to carry this with us while off-ship with, of course, your Seapass. Turned them in when we left (we were there 2 days)

Our next stop, Kusadasi, they did not give us this card. Not sure why one was needed for Istanbul and not this port stop...... but I did not question it.

Now, I will say that I carried COPIES of our passport - I always do in port even when the ship does not hold my passport.

Archived