Flying into FLL but....

princekmb

We are sailing on Carnival Destiny on 7/2 but we are flying into FLL on 7/1. We are sailing from the Miami port. Please tell me would it be better to get a hotel in FLL or Miami? Also what would be your choices as we will not have a car.

Read the threads on this board. There are many references on transport. Hotel is up to you (there are many references for hotels as well), but the main issue is FLL-Miami port transport. It doesn't really matter which day. I would base it more on hotel chain loyalty and location, and arrival time into FLL.

It's probably easier and cheaper to stay in FLL and then shuttle with QLS or SAS (www.ridesas.com) to POM for your cruise the next day. Look at the downtown/17 th street area of Fort Lauderdale - just about every chain hotel is there, along with shopping and dining options within walking distance; most of the hotels in this area will offer free airport shuttles.

Good luck! :)

We're doing the same thing. We decided to stay at the Marriott Courtyard on Collins Ave in Miami Beach. We arrive at noon the day before so we thought we would enjoy the pool and beach that day. We booked far in advance and were able to get a room there for $125.00, right on the beach. We booked with SAS to get us from FLL directly to the hotel and then a pick-up at the port to go directly to FLL. It is only $15.00/pp each way.

We are sailing on Carnival Destiny on 7/2 but we are flying into FLL on 7/1. We are sailing from the Miami port. Please tell me would it be better to get a hotel in FLL or Miami? Also what would be your choices as we will not have a car.

Stay at a FLL area hotel with an airport shuttle then shuttle to the POM the next day.

I prefer to rent from Alamo at FLL, drop at MIA and take their shuttle to the POM. By July, though, Alamo will have moved the POM shuttle to a downtown location away from MIA.

Archived