Extended Exciting Deals - Tuesday and Wednesday Sale

Janet987

For many of the one week sailings on S class ships, this extended sale is only offering Balcony Guarentees priced at $699. Priced a sailing on the X website and it is the same today, where yesterday the guarantee had read to the effect " check with an agent for pricing". So you can book today or wait until Tuesday for the same price? As always, suggest you check the X website pricing, especially if you qualify for any special situation pricing, before deciding how eXciting these deals are.

All day. I have never seen the sales disappear like they have today. Most of the deals were gone when I checked at 10AM. Amazing.

The fares are loaded at midnight Eastern time (or 9PM Monday night for us :D ), and people start snapping them up right then.

The fares are loaded at midnight Eastern time (or 9PM Monday night for us :D ), and people start snapping them up right then.

That's what I thought....The flyer says 9:00 a.m. Eastern, but I saw availability last evening at 11:00 p.m. Central.

B

This may be a dumb question, but just wondering how folks are booking these deals so early if the pricing is available as of 12:01am est 3/1 and yet Celebrity's reservations department is closed? What is the best way to book to ensure you get the cabin category you are after (such as a balcony or suite which I am sure go fast)?

Thanks,

Jenny:)

This may be a dumb question, but just wondering how folks are booking these deals so early if the pricing is available as of 12:01am est 3/1 and yet Celebrity's reservations department is closed? What is the best way to book to ensure you get the cabin category you are after (such as a balcony or suite which I am sure go fast)?

Thanks,

Jenny:)

You can book via Celebrity's on-line booking tool or a travel agency that offers on-line booking 24/7.

I used option #2.

B

All day. I have never seen the sales disappear like they have today. Most of the deals were gone when I checked at 10AM. Amazing.

YVR, How did you determine the deals were gone? Did you try to reserve or check inventory on those sailings which were actually offered by class? The seven night S-Class sailings that only have balcony guarantees offered do not seem to have moved at all..still many balconies available unless they are not assigned until after the sale concludes. Just curious..was surprised that some balcony classes which have many unsold cabins were not offered as such. Many are not willing to take the guarantee route, would think X would be selling more had they offered specific classes as they did on the TA and ten day.

Does anyone know if these deals are available to everyone or just in America. I know these deals are gone but would like to know for future reference. Cheers

Aussie dollars are as good as ours, maybe better ;)

European and Australian departure ports are included in these last minute sales to move unsold inventory...usually 4-8 weeks before sailing date.

Thanks Janet, I know the exchange at the moment is great for us. Good to hear we can access the Tuesday sales as well. We are booked for july but some friends are still thinking about it. Will check them out. Cheers

Next Tuesday, March 8, it is back to just a one day sale for discounted remaining inventory, but many of the same sailings are repeated from this week's sale. 18 sailings, including balcony guarantees for a number of S-Class itineraries.

Thanks Janet, I know the exchange at the moment is great for us. Good to hear we can access the Tuesday sales as well. We are booked for july but some friends are still thinking about it. Will check them out. Cheers

I'm not so sure about them being available locally. While they cover overseas cruises, their pricing is US prices which can differ from prices in other locations, and bookings are for the US market.

Knicks..Link is at Post #5, but no.

Big M.. You would know better than I, but there were good deals when changed the on-line booking system to AUD, including balcony guarantees. Have seen standard pricing after final payment, especially if qualify for senior rate, as good as the Exciting deals (post #6). These last minute deals provide price points for comparison but since cabin location is important to me, there usually are better alternatives. 2B is priced AUD 50 more than guarantee deal and worth it, IMO.

Thank you for this info. Usually we get punished for living on the west coast especially when dealing with TA on the east coast!!!

YVR, How did you determine the deals were gone? Did you try to reserve or check inventory on those sailings which were actually offered by class? The seven night S-Class sailings that only have balcony guarantees offered do not seem to have moved at all..still many balconies available unless they are not assigned until after the sale concludes. Just curious..was surprised that some balcony classes which have many unsold cabins were not offered as such. Many are not willing to take the guarantee route, would think X would be selling more had they offered specific classes as they did on the TA and ten day.

Sorry Janet to be so slow to answer your question. I was away. The cruises I was looking at either showed higher prices than the advertised Tues specials, indicating they were nearly sold out or they just said sold out.

Archived