Radiance cabin 1090

Whileskat

Anyone ever stay in the cabin? It was just assigned for my 3/14/11 cruise

You have been assigned a D1 cabin on the Port Side closer to the aft section of the ship. There is no public stairway nor elevators in the aft section on Radiance class, so if mobility is a problem........be aware that it will be a long walk from the Centrum Area where the elevators are located.

Whileskat: Our kids had 1588 (simply Starboard instead of the Port side you have been assigned) on the Serenade (sister ship) 5 years ago. Great cabin as long as 'mobility' is not an issue. Nearest stairs and elevators are the Centrum. Those you 'may' see in the aft area are for employee use only.

Any specific concerns you may wish to address? :D Just to let you know, you are under the Windjammer, so you 'may' hear service carts, chairs etc on occasion.....was NOT an issue for our group. ;)

Bruce

How far is far? I have MS and walking long distances is definitely an issue.

Would you say it is further then a 5 minute walk?

It depends on how much spring is in your step.:)

Here is the link to Deck 10 on Radiance http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000gFR_irzhodC0c8ybADM8TjB:12hdhu6tq?deckCode=10&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1368&sailDate=1110228&hasNavigation=false

It is a long walk...each of those cabins on the deck plan are at least 5-6 good-sized strides....and there are A LOT of cabins!

We've been down that hallway before...never again. I love the convenience of being closer to the stairs and elevators.

The walk might not take 5 mins...but it IS a LOOOOONG way.

If you can get a different cabin, you'd be well advised to do so.

How far is far? I have MS and walking long distances is definitely an issue.

Would you say it is further then a 5 minute walk?

Is it a 5 minute walk, no!!! Not sure what your exact 'limitations' w/ MS are at this point, so only you can decide if this cabin is for you. ;) How often are you returning to your cabin? Will obstacles pose additional problems (cleaning carts, laundry carts, vacuums, etc). Radiance hallways do tend to be on the 'tight' side (somewhat narrower than some other ships).

Haven't looked for availability, etc for your cruise..... W/ your sail date 3/14/11 I assume this was a guarantee cabin assignment. Unless there is a hump cabin or a cabin very close to the front elevators/stairs, this walk really is not different than the walk to any other area. A slightly longer walk, yes.

Whatever your decision, enjoy your cruise!!!

Bruce

Anyone ever stay in the cabin? It was just assigned for my 3/14/11 cruise

You have a D1 but I think you would be better off in Cabin 9040 which is a D2 and if you could change it I would but don't take to long as it will be gone before you know it....it is closer to the front Elevator and not to far to walk....

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me.

I am going to call RCI to see if changing cabins is even an option at this point. I guess booking a cruise less then a month before it sails has it drawbacks.

Yes, you are going to have to call. Explain your mobility issues and ask what they can do for you. The cruise looks very full.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me.

I am going to call RCI to see if changing cabins is even an option at this point. I guess booking a cruise less then a month before it sails has it drawbacks.

It looks like 9040 is taken already the only one left is 9654 and that one is no help to you as it is a way in the back, but if you call they just might find you something better....

Archived