First time paying for a cruise

WrSmega

I've experienced cruising quite a couple times, but this is my first time planning and paying for a cruise.

I'm most likely going to reserve a spot on Oasis or Allure.

So I'd like some advise for getting a good cruise deal between June and July this year.

I've experienced cruising quite a couple times, but this is my first time planning and paying for a cruise.

I'm most likely going to reserve a spot on Oasis or Allure.

So I'd like some advise for getting a good cruise deal between June and July this year.

There are no deals.

And June and July are very expensive months on those two ships. Kids are out of school, and vacation is in full swing.

some times ..............you can get a better deal by going directly to the cruise site or one of the travel sites........we have found ocean view rooms cheaper then inside rooms---- good luck---- I find that it isnt the cruise that costs..it is the airfare............we are going in September.......we have gone in August in the past.......HOT !

Since we cannot reference specific TA's here, suggest you google "RCL Group Rates 2010" and look at the first couple of pages. I used Yahoo for my search and did find some in the time frame you want. Good luck.

If you are talking about early June, that's a different story. I was guessing that he means the second half of June into July.

We just sailed on Oasis in November. These ships are hot & are sailing at full capacity during peak times. We booked 18 months in advance & the rates continually climbed until sailing time. Also, the lower level cabins were pretty much gone as we got closer out. About 3 weeks before sailing, a balcony room had a special deal that my husband qualified for, so we upgraded at the last minute. Other than that everything went up.

If you want a deal, I would suggest booking as far in advance as you can. You might also call about the Room Guarantees, as usually those are slighly less expensive if you are flexible about what room you end up with.

For us, Thanksgiving week was less expensive than summer or spring break. We booked directly through RCI, & continually monitored pricing in case we wanted to upgrade our room if there was a drop.

Rates go up starting early june (when most schools start summer vacation), peak in mid August (when FL schools go back for fall semester), and settle down to reasonable levels after labor day. Always a good idea to check for resident rates, and "specials" from mid-July to mid-August because hurricane season has a tendency to spook people if it kicks up early:D

Archived