Navigator - newbie question

happylady

A good friend and her husband are sailing on the 5 day Western Navigator of the Seas for the first time next month. (His first cruise and her 2nd or 3rd.) I told her I'd ask the RCI experts a few questions for her.....

-Have any recent cruisers posted copies of the daily activities? (Not sure of the RCI name for the paper :o) She'd like to be able to show her husband a sample of the different daily activities.

-How soon can she reserve dinner times with the any time dining?

-Any recommendations for history/sight seeing in either Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

-Any "must do" recommendations while on board?

Thanks ahead for your help.

If they want a nice quiet day at the beach in Cozumel with a fantastic lunch and unlimited beverages (adult and non-adult), then I recommend Nachi Cocum Beach Break. It can be booked at www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. It's $49pp (for adults, cheaper for kids) and only a $15/10 min taxi ride from the port. Been there twice and looking forward to our third visit in April. You can also pay extra for snorkeling, parasailing, massages, etc. if you so desire. You're on your own time and close to the pier, so no fear of getting back late!

And a must do on Voyager Class ships - go forward to the outside deck on deck 4 and look for the steps that are forward that lead up to the helipad...it's a fantastic spot for sail away!

If they want a nice quiet day at the beach in Cozumel with a fantastic lunch and unlimited beverages (adult and non-adult), then I recommend Nachi Cocum Beach Break. It can be booked at www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. It's $49pp (for adults, cheaper for kids) and only a $15/10 min taxi ride from the port. Been there twice and looking forward to our third visit in April. You can also pay extra for snorkeling, parasailing, massages, etc. if you so desire. You're on your own time and close to the pier, so no fear of getting back late!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard over on the Carnival Forum how great Nachi Cocum is to visit.

They are really into sight seeing/exploring/historical type of excursions.

Instead of boarding the ship and heading for the Windjammer Buffet, just walk up one deck to deck 5; stake out a table outside of the pub; head to the Promenade cafe and scoop some munchies there; head back to the pub where your tablemates will have already ordered a few cold ones and enjoy a leisurely lunch while watching the new arrivals walk by. They have a nice variety at the Cafe including pizza, croissant sandwiches, pastries, cookies and who knows what other surprises (we really love the chocolate chip scones). You can get coffee there and milk is available if you ask for it. We think it sure beats fighting the crowds at the Windjammer! Bon Voyage!

Instead of boarding the ship and heading for the Windjammer Buffet, just walk up one deck to deck 5; stake out a table outside of the pub; head to the Promenade cafe and scoop some munchies there; head back to the pub where your tablemates will have already ordered a few cold ones and enjoy a leisurely lunch while watching the new arrivals walk by. They have a nice variety at the Cafe including pizza, croissant sandwiches, pastries, cookies and who knows what other surprises (we really love the chocolate chip scones). You can get coffee there and milk is available if you ask for it. We think it sure beats fighting the crowds at the Windjammer! Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the info. I know she's working hard to make this a great first cruise for her DH. This will be a great way for them to start off.

Don't miss out on having lunch in the main dining room on sea days. They have a fantastic made-to-order salad bar, wonderful cheeses, meats and peppers, etc. that you can help yourself to plus a great menu to order from.

A good friend and her husband are sailing on the 5 day Western Navigator of the Seas for the first time next month. (His first cruise and her 2nd or 3rd.) I told her I'd ask the RCI experts a few questions for her.....

-Have any recent cruisers posted copies of the daily activities? (Not sure of the RCI name for the paper :o) She'd like to be able to show her husband a sample of the different daily activities.

-Any recommendations for history/sight seeing in either Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

Truly, my best advice for them is to join Cruise Critic themselves, so that they can ask their own questions and read everything here for themselves.

:)

Truly, my best advice for them is to join Cruise Critic themselves, so that they can ask their own questions and read everything here for themselves.

:)

At my recommendation, she has joined CC, but is hesitant to ask questions being a newbie. :o So, I said I'd ask the RCI experts. :D

The ice dancing show on Deck 3, Studio B, is an absolute must see. They do not issue tickets any more and the seating opens half an hour before show time.

I, too, will be on the Navigator for the first time and wanted to thank you for this great advice. One question about the pub...does it actually serve pub food such as fish & chips and shepards pie? I'm guessing not on embarkation day as you probably would've mentioned it but what about sea days?

Thanks!

I, too, will be on the Navigator for the first time and wanted to thank you for this great advice. One question about the pub...does it actually serve pub food such as fish & chips and shepards pie? I'm guessing not on embarkation day as you probably would've mentioned it but what about sea days?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the pub doesn't offer any food choices - just alcohol.

Unfortunately, the pub doesn't offer any food choices - just alcohol.
Oh well, wishful thinking. :(

Thanks for letting me know.

Speaking of British food, is there any kind of Afternoon Tea offered in the restaurants or lounges other than up in the Windjammer?

Archived