Very Perplexed !!

huggs

Some time ago I looked at the opportunity to book cabin # 5241 ( premium balcony) for a great deal...but sadly was told it could not accomodate 3 passsengers....???? Bigger room, but only for 2 - whatever.

Now I see cabin # 6279 available for 3 on our upcoming cruise, for much more $$$......can anyone explain to me how the same cabins on different decks can accomodate different # of passengers. ?? This makes no sense at all. I struggled to understand the explanation the first time...

Looks like 5241 doesn't have a convertible sofa bed or any other kind of bed besides the twins that you can make into a king...

but 6279 (on the deck plans) has the shaded square which means it actually sleeps 4 with a convertible sofa and an upper bunk.

Just depends on what Carnival puts in the room...

And often cabins are absolutely identical but some will only accommodate 2 ppl while others will accommodate 3 or 4. The coast guard determines the occupancy rates, not the cruise line. If by chance there were 3-4 guests in the cabins assigned to a particular life boat, there wouldn't be enough spots on the life boat for everyone. this is why one cabin might accommodate 2 people and the identical one next to it might accommodate 3 or 4.

Archived