Brazilian Visa How Long to get one??

Howasaur

How long did it take to get A Brazilian Visa from Consulate-General Of Brazil in Vancouver B.C. Canada The reason for asking is we were invite on a trip to Cancun Oct8th to the 15th and will need our Visa's. Leaving for Brazil Nov26th

In Australia we had to do it all on line - they would not accept paper lodgement. Once lodged it takes 20 working days to process. Whether it is the same in Canada I don't know. In Australia the rules changed in January of this year, from paper lodgement to on line and from 10 working days to 20 working days. We were caught out and in fact will be picking up our visas and passport from Consulate the day before we fly out. Talk about cutting it fine!!!

It has been several years since we had to get a Brazilian visa so the rules might have changed or they might be different for Canadians, but at the time US passengers had to have a paper visa attached to their passport by the Brazilian consulate. There is none near us so we mailed our passports to Zierer visa service. http://www.zvs.com/

They charged $49 per passport plus the $100 visa fee. We had our passports back in less than 3 weeks, probably closer to two weeks.

How long did it take to get A Brazilian Visa from Consulate-General Of Brazil in Vancouver B.C. Canada The reason for asking is we were invite on a trip to Cancun Oct8th to the 15th and will need our Visa's. Leaving for Brazil Nov26th

you're talking about the regular travel visa for visiting Brazil?

if so, when we got ours, they said we would have it in less than 45 days, which we did. If i recall correctly, you have to wait to apply until x number of days prior to entry. We went a few years ago so probably best to talk to the consulate or double check their website. It was quite quick for us though.

Acouple of years ago we filled out the applications and dropped them off at the Brazilian consulate in Miami. The next day my daughter (whose law firm is iin the same building) picked them up for us. Generally we do our visa applications through Travisa.

We are registered for the Holland America Amazon Adventure on the Prinsendam Nov.27-Dec.21 and were told the Tourism Visa is good for 90 days from date of issue so we should be home before the visa runs out. I'm just concerned about the horror stories I have heard about the length of time it take to get one of theses Visas

Thank-you Yes you are right I was a little confused what I understand is we must use the tourism Visa within 90 days of issue. and that the $81.00 visa is good for 5 years Thank-you Now my concern is will I have enough time to apply for a visa, from Oct 17th to Nov25 Approx. 27 work days when we head to the ship MY better half is using her Visa from Oct8th-Oct15th

I can only speak for US citizens---the visas will not be issued earlier than 90 days

prior to your arrival in Brazil. So, we had to wait until October to submit our application.(our RCCL cruise departed Jan.4, 2009 from FLL) The Brazilian consulates are crazy in the US --- each one has different rules/regulations !!!! We used "It'sEasyVisaService" out of NYC and had our visas back in under a week!! Many of our fellow cruisemates waited for several months for theirs (depending on their location and where they were required to send their info). For US citizens - the visa is good for multiple visits for 5 years.

...work out in your situation but we've used this agency for various past visas (including Brazil) and have been quite satisfied with the pricing and response timing (they're out of San Francisco).

http://www.travelvisapro.com/index.php?visa,do.index

Have a Wonderful Cruise!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

I think you may have misunderstood. I see you are from Canada but the Brazilian visa that Americans get is good for five years BUT the first use of it must be within 90 days of its issue.

The visa issued for Canadians is good as until the passport expires. and it must be used the first time within 90 days of issue as well. You won't have a long wait for it.

Tourist Visa for US citizens are now good for 10 years. I completed this process for my husband last week 2/17. Telephone number is listed on the website for non US citizens.

www.passportsplus.com

US Citizens: $160.00

Service Fee: $49.00

Return FedEx Express: $23.00

Processing time 12 days!

HamburgAvonLady, I have discovered that the Brazil Visa has changed with each visit. For instance my DH's 2006 Brazil visa was good for 30 days, the 2008 visa was good for 1 year. Now his 2011 visa is good for 10 years. Does your 2009 visa not state the expiration date? To answer your question....No, dates are not automatically extended.

I would look here: http://www.consbrasvancouver.org/english.html and not on Cruise Critic.

Archived