When do we order our in-suite drinks?

AllisonJames

Hi all, never cruised SS before, only SB and I was wondering when/how we go about requesting the drinks we want stocked in our suite -- on SB there is a pre-order form but I have our cruise docs and have completed the online information form but not seen a place to do this. We are diet coke addicts so need to be able to feed our habit . . . also some champagne etc would be nice. Another question -- do you tip your butler? Did not have one on SB but did tip our cabin steward at the end of cruise due to all the personal service.

You can put it on your pax info form. However, you can wait till you board and just tell your butler. He'll have it there in short order. As with Seabourn, Silversea is no tipping. If you feel that you've received exeptional treatment you can donate to the crew fund, which is what we do.

Your questions have been asked and answered many times on this forum, so a minor search would bring you up to speed.

However, I'll be the first of two dozen replies. Diet Coke and many Coca Cola products are easy to find onboard. Not so true with Pepsi products.

I never bother filling out pre-board request cards and have always been satisfied with the speed any special requests have been filled. No need to tip your butler. They are very well paid and do not expect a tip. Same tipping rules as SB.

Have never understood why so many people fuss over the pre-board request forms. IMO, they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Well, guess we'll be second to respond.

I'll be the third to respond. We have unusual requests (diet Dr. Pepper and Yakult) so make sure to fill in the forms online. I don't mention the diet Dr. Pepper for cruises that don't start in the US since it isn't available overseas.

Last cruise, leaving NYC, no diet Dr. Pepper on board. I was annoyed but at our first port of call there was a case on a palette being loaded onto the ship. Sure enough, it showed up in my suite before supper that night.

Forgot to request our Fre de-alcoholized wine this trip so it will be interesting to see if shows up or not (we did indicate no alcohol in the suite.)

My wife likes diet Coke with lime but I'm assuming that's a US product and not available in Europe. Since we'll be on a Barcelona to Istanbul cruise I'm guessing we can order diet Coke and then ask for sliced limes? In fact, in our bar set-up we'd like a good gin, vermouth, rum, club soda, diet and regular Coke, limes, lemons, and olives. This is our first Silversea cruise but I'm thinking and hoping that won't be an unusual request or a problem. ????

My wife likes diet Coke with lime but I'm assuming that's a US product and not available in Europe. Since we'll be on a Barcelona to Istanbul cruise I'm guessing we can order diet Coke and then ask for sliced limes? In fact, in our bar set-up we'd like a good gin, vermouth, rum, club soda, diet and regular Coke, limes, lemons, and olives. This is our first Silversea cruise but I'm thinking and hoping that won't be an unusual request or a problem. ????

You can get Coke with Lime or Lemon in the UK, so I presume you can also get it on the Continent (as we say).:D

You can get Coke with Lime or Lemon in the UK, so I presume you can also get it on the Continent (as we say).:D

We Colonials thank you!! :) When we lived in Germany the selections were pretty limited but that was the "dark ages".

Interestingly we cruise often with HAL from US ports and they don't carry diet Coke with lime or at least they didn't on our last cruise a couple of years ago. We've even thought of going to a grocery store and taking some on the ship with us, which HAL allows, but no way I'm going to try to do that in Barcelona.

Interestingly we cruise often with HAL from US ports and they don't carry diet Coke with lime or at least they didn't on our last cruise a couple of years ago. We've even thought of going to a grocery store and taking some on the ship with us, which HAL allows, but no way I'm going to try to do that in Barcelona.

You shouldn't have to. My husband asks for Guinness in the bar and in our suite fridge. We specify it on-line on our information form....drat I can't remember what it's called, but if you go onto Silversea's web-site and choose 'my voyage' (top of page)....you will be able to specify your request for coke and lime.:D

You shouldn't have to. My husband asks for Guinness in the bar and in our suite fridge. We specify it on-line on our information form....drat I can't remember what it's called, but if you go onto Silversea's web-site and choose 'my voyage' (top of page)....you will be able to specify your request for coke and lime.:D

Pardon my ignorance :o ....it's not that we're new cruisers, just new to Silversea....but when I did the My Voyage on line I saw a box labeled "Is there anything we've overlooked?" which appears to be the only place I could enter my wife's preference. It might be that we're so far out that the option to state our bar preferences/requests isn't available yet. ???? It's kind of exciting to explore a new cruise line as it's really, really different than HAL where I don't even need deck maps. :)

Pardon my ignorance :o ....it's not that we're new cruisers, just new to Silversea....but when I did the My Voyage on line I saw a box labeled "Is there anything we've overlooked?" which appears to be the only place I could enter my wife's preference. It might be that we're so far out that the option to state our bar preferences/requests isn't available yet. ???? It's kind of exciting to explore a new cruise line as it's really, really different than HAL where I don't even need deck maps. :)

Is there anything we've overlooked? is the place to put your drink requests. Well that's where put our requests and they've always been delivered:)

My wife drinks TAB which we knew would not normally be stocked. We pre ordered and it was in our suite when we boarded. If it is not something unusual you can wait till you board...

Archived