favorite and least favorite food with pictures?

hermajestylanie

Scones from tea time. They had this incredible banana caramel sauce and clotted cream.

Hawaiicruise3-16-112094.jpg?t=1302733819

Pizza. They say Princess has the best on the seas. I might have to agree. It was wonderful:

Hawaiicruise3-16-112227.jpg?t=1302733982

Sugar free buttermil crepes with chocolate cream cheese filling. Yum! Really really good.

Hawaiicruise3-16-11559.jpg?t=1302734083

Scallops. Husband said these were to die for:

Hawaiicruise3-16-11943.jpg?t=1302734299

The always available beef medallions, very tender and cooked perfectly. One of my favorites:

Hawaiicruise3-16-11940.jpg?t=1302734423

Oh Cornish game hen, you were my favorite dish on this cruise. So tasty. With a side of steak:

Hawaiicruise3-16-11339.jpg?t=1302734671

Thanks for this post, that chateaubriand looked fantastic.

I cannot get over the sizes of the meals, we sailed on the Pacif Jewel P&O and ate in the MDR, the meals where lovley but on the small which was helpful with portion control, has anyone else noticed this or is it just me:confused:

On Princess it depended on what we got. Some meals were quite sizable. Some looked bigger than they were because there was so much fat or gristle on the meat. Some were tiny, like when they had lamb or the teeny tiny filet mignon which was maybe a third the size of a deck of cards... But I don't mind the smaller meals, especially when one is getting an appetizer and dessert!

The sushi on Carnival...... i just don't know.

MexicocruiseSep5th2010033.jpg?t=1302805301

Caramalized apples in puff pastry. Eh.

MexicocruiseSep5th2010095.jpg?t=1302805498

Fig, date, raisin dessert. This was awesome!!

MexicocruiseSep5th2010164.jpg?t=1302805583

Calzone. Really cheesey and sooo good. Much better than the pizza that Carnival has. Although, you can't pick your own ingredients:

MexicocruiseSep5th2010231.jpg?t=1302805739

Lamb. Husband was a big fan:

MexicocruiseSep5th2010640.jpg?t=1302806051

This was that pumpkin potato pot pie thing. It was amazing!

MexicocruiseSep5th2010872.jpg?t=1302806145

• 1 month later...

Hi hermajestylanie,

Just found your thread tonight & love your foodie pics! Think I gained weight just lookin at em! :D I'll post some from our recent sailing on Celebrity's Eclipse if that's OK. Starting with the "b's"...

Banana cake in the MDR. An excellent choice!

5783564137_8fb60a0dd8.jpg

Banana cake by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

Another evening Banana cake ala mode (with walnuts inside)

5783567315_5874dbe77d.jpg

Banana Cake ala mode by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

Now I just need some coffee

Now for some offerings from the Eclipse's Bistro On Five.

(These desserts are free/included)

We loved the cheese cake!

5783574139_94dc0cc7f7.jpg

Bistro cheesecake by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

Ohhh the Bistro's Black Forest Chocolate Cake was deliciouso!

5784127822_335aa9dcd5.jpg

Bistro Black Forest Chocolate cake by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

I'm gonna need another cup of coffee!

One of my favourites is offered every evening on Eclipse! So I ordered a platter of Escargot drenched in garlic/basil/buttery goodness every night! Then I'd soak up that butter with a fresh roll.

5783688093_19c1cd6936.jpg

Escargot! My favourite! by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

Tastes great but, it doesn't do your breath much good though! :eek:

Favorite:

Broccoli Cheese Soup on NCL Pearl - so delicious! Next time I would ask for a large bowl instead of small cup.

img_2296.jpg

This actually came as a side dish with a fish (I do not eat fish, however) and when I got an entree that turned out to be my least favorite I asked for a big bowl of this instead.

img_2152.jpg

Least Favorite:

NCL really disgusting portobello mushroom ravioli, really one big pile of grease

img_2149.jpg

This veggie burger was really disgusting. Served in NCL MDR. Went to the buffet afterwards!

img_2527.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Every afternoon I come to this site, and starve! I have yogurt in my lunch bag..., but it's not the same.

To me a lot of the pictures look like you are getting tons of food on the plates, but these plates are smaller than the ones you eat off of at home.

I have to admit one of my favourite meals on my last cruise was during our precruise CC gathering at Lombardi's in the BAYSIDE MARKET. Many people slam the BAYSIDE in Miami and the overly negative reviews here on CC & Trip Advisor had me questioning going there but those fears were gone the minute I took one bite of this incredible steak. The only way I can describe it is, it was a ribeye steak "ribbon cut & wrapped" in a circle on top a bed of garlic mashed potatoes, topped with grilled sliced red peppers, red onions, & olives. On each side of the steak was fresh guacamole, & a squirt of chipotle sauce. Take MY word for it, it was one great meal.

5878300313_228a0eb331_b.jpg

Churrasco Steak at Lombardi's at Bayside Market by snokeldawgs, on Flickr

To you BAYSIDE haters...Who's hungry NOW???

Mango cheesecake. It had the consistency of jello and was horrid:

5580286335_d36b6d42f1.jpg

Sacher Torte. The menu didn't give a description; the waiter said it was chocolate cake. It was dry and had something like apricot or peach jelly in it. This was my least favorite dessert of my cruise. I just ate the whipped cream and chocolate roll after spitting out my bite:

5580854324_b0faa02281.jpg

Molten Frdge Chocolate Obsession from Princess Crown Grill. This was really delicious! But, alas, not as good as the WCMC from Carnival:

5580407014_29762341ee.jpg

Baby Strawberry Cheesecake from International Cafe. Super good! Love cheesecake with crust:

5580386542_d2475a5257.jpg

Fillet Mignon AND NY Strip from Crown Grill. Soooo tender and delicious. Fillet cut like butter!

5580395238_014f56f8eb.jpg

Selection of desserts from lunch buffet. Chocolate hazelnut torte (best! I kept eating these), coconut roll, blueberry pie, and lemon blueberry yogurt cupcake (this was the only bad one, it was dry):

5580257511_ebcb51da93.jpg

OMG. That cheesecake from the International Cafe on Princess ships is fabulous. I can't wait until my next Crown cruise to have it again.

• 2 weeks later...

The favorites:

Loved the tiny muffins in the MDR on Voyager of the Seas. I think this one was banana. Yum!

5921687009_0aea7d944e.jpg

The taster dessert at Portofino. The tiramisu was heavenly... :D

5921687331_e2550c27b0.jpg

Chocolate brownie at Jasmine Garden onboard Norwegian Jade. That ice cream was amazing!

5914506891_353d381042.jpg

Now for the least favorites:

Pizza at the Voyager buffet. No photos, but it was completely inedible.

Candy sushi at the NCL Jade chocolate buffet. Whoever thought that coloured rice, fruit and sprinkles would make for a nice treat? The rest of the chocolate buffet was nice to look at as well, but also very, very bland. Chocolaty things just tasted sugary.

5915085212_57629ab1be.jpg

Lobster raviolis at Papa's onboard Norwegian Jade. Bland, revolting texture and.. meh. Fortunately they stuff you so full of bread, anti pasti and appetizers that you don't feel like eating more when the entree comes.

5915071750_54289339eb.jpg

Wow, I have never seen a chocolate melting cake come out on the bottom. That was my every night indulgence and I even got the entire table hooked on them. At the end of dinner the server didn't even need to ask, it was a round of chocolate melting cakes for everyone. One night we were so full he packed it up for us to take back to the room.

Heres a PDF file of my scrapbook album from a recent cruise of just the food. I love the food so taking all the pictures allows me to enjoy it year round. (sorry to not post the pics individually, theres so many and this way is much faster)

http://www.allaboutcruisesnc.net/PDFs/Carnival food.pdf

What a great link!! Thanks for the hard work you've done in order to share

all that great food with us!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Cruise Line will bring you this WONDERFUL cake if you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. Dense with CHOCOLATE. YUMMMO! No 'extra' cost either, just make sure your TA or waitstaff know you have a celebration beforehand.

IMG_5475.jpg

cruisefanatic - i love your virtual scrapbook! what kind of software did you use to create that?

and a side note - i'm so sad to hear that carnival's pizza is disappointing now...its been quite a while since i've been on board carnival, but i still think the personal pan pizzas they served on the destiny in 1999 were the best pizzas i've ever eaten (and im a current nyc resident - and former italy resident!)

Mango cheesecake. It had the consistency of jello and was horrid:

5580286335_d36b6d42f1.jpg

Sacher Torte. The menu didn't give a description; the waiter said it was chocolate cake. It was dry and had something like apricot or peach jelly in it. This was my least favorite dessert of my cruise. I just ate the whipped cream and chocolate roll after spitting out my bite:

Molten Frdge Chocolate Obsession from Princess Crown Grill. This was really delicious! But, alas, not as good as the WCMC from Carnival:

5580407014_29762341ee.jpg

Baby Strawberry Cheesecake from International Cafe. Super good! Love cheesecake with crust:

5580386542_d2475a5257.jpg

Fillet Mignon AND NY Strip from Crown Grill. Soooo tender and delicious. Fillet cut like butter!

5580395238_014f56f8eb.jpg

Selection of desserts from lunch buffet. Chocolate hazelnut torte (best! I kept eating these), coconut roll, blueberry pie, and lemon blueberry yogurt cupcake (this was the only bad one, it was dry):

5580257511_ebcb51da93.jpg

I'm so hungry now for those amazing Princess dishes you've displayed

It sounds like it was exactly what it was supposed to be... the waiter should have been able to explain it to you.

Here is the description of it:

The cake consists of two layers of dense, not overly sweet chocolate cake (traditionally a sponge cake) with a thin layer of apricot jam in the middle and dark chocolate icing on the top and sides. It is traditionally served with whipped cream without any sugar in it, as most Viennese consider the Sachertorte too "dry" to be eaten on its own

Archived