Considering trying Carnival...Looking for advise

BillsMafiaBabe

Hello - We are considering changing our next 7 night cruise to Carnival but wanted to get some input from "Carnival Experts". We have sailed RCL 3 times and NCL once.

We are considering either the Freedom or Miracle both leaving in Feb 2012. Both have itineraries that we like and are similar price wise, but since I don't know anything about Carnival... is the Freedom the larger of the two? and if you were going to recommend one over the other, which one would it be and why?

Thank you in advance for any help...

Sue

Freedom is the larger of the two. We haven't sailed her yet (will be on her in Nov), but have sailed a similar ship. We have sailed Miracle and Legend (sister ship) a number of times. To be honest, we prefer Miracle & Legend, but that won't necessarily be your opinion. The layout of the Miracle is a little better...you don't have to go up and down levels to get around the galley. The aft Lido area of the Miracle is open to the sea (which we love), while on the Freedom it is enclosed by glass. The Freedom has the big screen on the Lido deck (which we really don't care about). The disco on the Freedom has a nicer open layout (but we don't use the disco).

Good luck choosing!

Think of the Radiance class on RCL, more space per pax and a smaller, but lovely size many think.

Legend is the same, its a Spirit class ship which has some categories only spirit has.

Larger isnt always better with either ..though Im looking forward to Oasis, just because its special.

We were RCL at one time also then switched to carnival as the prices were better and after 1 cruise on ccl we were hooked. I like rcl but for thr money we save on carnival its worth it to us.Try it and if you don't like it go back. We have only been on the Glory(2X),Valor and Liberty and booked with the Miracle next Feb 6 th 2012.

Go for it! We sailed the Liberty this past December and had an amazing time! We have the Pride booked for next year and cannot wait! Liberty is the same class as the Freedom and it was really cool being on that size ship. We had only sailed on DCL's Magic prior to that which is very similar in size to the Miracle. Whichever you choose, I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Go and form your own opinions of CCL, i think you will be very happy you did! Good luck! :)

I have cruised Carnival 4 times and Royal C one time. I enjoyed all the cruises but I do think the food on Carnival is far better. The cabin on the Miracle was the nicest we ever had. Enjoyed the Victory and the Glory. I think I would choose to go on the Freedom as it is a larger ship. Which ever is going my way at my price would be my choice. i have been thinking about trying the Allure of the Seas next.

We have cruised RCCL one time (Voyager) and Carnival 4 times (3 Conquest and 1 Dream). We have the Freedom booked for this May. We have stayed with Carnival because of the price and also the food is much better. The Conquest is a sister ship to the Freedom and once you walk around and get your bearings getting around is pretty simple.

Archived