All things Dream!

a3593

Me and the family are going for Christmas (Sailing on Christmas Eve).

Has anyone been aboard for Christmas? Do they do anything special for the 'holidays? I realize they can't really do too much considering all the religions and nationalities that come and go, but I am curious.

This will be our first of what I am sure will be many many cruises.

Thank you all for all your great tips, stories and pictures. It is helping curb the impatience just the tiniest bit! ;)

I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but I wanna clarify...

Dress Code for breakfast, lunch, dinner in the buffett...Not the MDR..

Can I wear tank top/skirt or jean shorts/tank top. What about tube tops?

I understand for the MDR it's a little more formal and probably will end up there on the formal nights only, but just wanted to be sure. I plan on wearing tube tops/halter tops/skirts or tank tops/skirts all day and don't want to change just to go to eat!

I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but I wanna clarify...

Dress Code for breakfast, lunch, dinner in the buffett...Not the MDR..

Can I wear tank top/skirt or jean shorts/tank top. What about tube tops?

I understand for the MDR it's a little more formal and probably will end up there on the formal nights only, but just wanted to be sure. I plan on wearing tube tops/halter tops/skirts or tank tops/skirts all day and don't want to change just to go to eat!

Anything pretty much goes for eating in the buffet. You'll see many people in just bathing suits & sandals during lunch. But what you described sounds perfect! You'll have no issues at all :)

I understand for the MDR it's a little more formaI'm sure this has been covered a million times, but I wanna clarify...

l and probably will end up there on the formal nights only, but just wanted to be sure. I plan on wearing tube tops/halter tops/skirts or tank tops/skirts all day and don't want to change just to go to eat!

The MDR is a bit more formal than the buffet line but on non-formal nights don't feel like you really have to dress up. I used to dress for dinner every night on a 7 night cruise. Now I bring one or two pieces I can exchange out and wear them a few times. No one knows the difference and I really enjoy the dining room food and being waited on, called by name, and the must more delisious food in the MDR.

Anyone know where the Dream is headed now? I see it is as sea and heading past Cuba.

I assume that she has changed itinerary for Emily.

Thanks

What websight do you go to to track the ships? I wonder what they're going to do about returning to port canaveral on Saturday.....the storm is supposed to be close by there then.

i just looked at the ship tracker...it shows the carnival dream off the coast of Chile! I must have done something wrong...or will this cruise be better than I thought!

I don't think you did anything wrong.. I looked too and that is where I see her as well

Everyone says go up the stairs to the Pasta bar; I can not walk stairs so is there an elevator or way to get up to the Pasta bar by elevator.

thanks

Dot

Yes. Just take the aft elevator to deck 11. There is a door to enter the pasta bar. Make your way to the counter by the top of the staircase to get your order ticket and a number. Enjoy!

Edited by APDMOM

Yes. Just take the aft elevator to deck 11. There is a door to enter the pasta bar. Make your way to the counter by the top of the staircase to get your order ticket and a number. Enjoy!

Thanks I appreciate the info, and I love pasta:D

• 2 weeks later...

A few quick questionsfor my fellow Dreamers...

About the food in the Lido buffet... My understanding is that outside of the specialty areas (pizza, Tandoori, Italian) the main buffet itself changes it's offering daily based on a theme (asian, mexican, carribean). Do I have that right?

Is there always "standard American fare" - burgers, fries, chicken -available? I'm concerned about my 3 year old son. While he has always been very open to trying new things, just lately he has started to become a bit more picky. DW is also very picky about what she eats. Me... I'll eat anything, but I'd like to be prepared for the possibilities if I can.

So what do they have at these buffets?

;)JennLuvs2Cruise, thank you! I feel much better now,s ince Im in 1209. :D

Snorkel2Much, thanks for adding to the thread.

I also found out that the deluxe ocean view staterooms have 1.5 baths. Some may have known, but I didnt. ;)

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.JPG

Does anyone have anymore pictures of this type of room. We are a family of five so we are thinking about it.

A few quick questionsfor my fellow Dreamers...

About the food in the Lido buffet... My understanding is that outside of the specialty areas (pizza, Tandoori, Italian) the main buffet itself changes it's offering daily based on a theme (asian, mexican, carribean). Do I have that right?

Is there always "standard American fare" - burgers, fries, chicken -available? I'm concerned about my 3 year old son. While he has always been very open to trying new things, just lately he has started to become a bit more picky. DW is also very picky about what she eats. Me... I'll eat anything, but I'd like to be prepared for the possibilities if I can.

So what do they have at these buffets?

Yes, there is a grill area that offers hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, nachos etc.

You have the pasta bar upstairs and the 24 hour pizza where you can order what they have or order a special whole pizza, or ceasar salad, bread sticks or calzone.

They have an Indian Tandoori grill, burrito bar I believe, sandwich station, mongolian wok station.............I'm missing one.............darn..........

They have the normal salad bar attached to the main buffett and have some international dishes, but some basic ones too.

Don't forget free room service where you can blt sandwiches, grilled cheese, chocolate cake, cookies, veggie trays etc. (food they don't have to really cook).

You will find something, I promise.

PS-Kids menu in the MDR has things like pizza, nuggets, burger, mac n cheese on it.

OK just finished reading this entire Thread.....which was GREAT. Now I have a question that no one has asked yet.

Since this is the first time on The Dream I looked at the deck plan for the SPA area which is huge in comparison to othe ships we have been on.

So here is my question. I know that there is no charge for using the saunas but is there a charge for the theloosmy pool ( I know I misspelled that) and is there a charge for the misting sauna room with aroma therapy? I know about all the charges for spa treatments but would love to take advantage of free treatments like saunas and theapy pools etc.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this subject. :D

OK just finished reading this entire Thread.....which was GREAT. Now I have a question that no one has asked yet.

Since this is the first time on The Dream I looked at the deck plan for the SPA area which is huge in comparison to othe ships we have been on.

So here is my question. I know that there is no charge for using the saunas but is there a charge for the theloosmy pool ( I know I misspelled that) and is there a charge for the misting sauna room with aroma therapy? I know about all the charges for spa treatments but would love to take advantage of free treatments like saunas and theapy pools etc.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this subject. :D

no the T pool and steam rooms are not free unless you are booked in a spa cabin....I have read they have a couples pass for $249 and a single person per week for $170 they also have a limited amt of day passes for $35 per person