All things Dream!

a3593

FYI... the link can be used for any deck of the Dream and for all of Carnival's ships. After the last forward slash, put in the ships 2 letter abbreviation and then next to deck, type in the name of the deck. https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_VistaDeck.htm

This is how I found out that my connecting cove staterooms didn't have a connecting balcony :(

Exactly...so the AFT WRAPS on deck 9 (vista deck) do NOT connect to anything.....

Nope, they don't connect to anything. I looked at the other decks that have the wraparounds, and they don't connect to anything either. Sorry :( I wish they did that way your kid would have been able to come.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in 1343, a Deluxe Ocean View (6M) on Riviera deck. I chose it because it was larger (bringing my husband and boys ages 6 and 2) with the small tub and because it is low and mid-ship in case of too much movement, because this is our first cruise.

Do I need to call to request a pack n play/portable crib? If I request it, can I expect it will be in our cabin when we arrive or do I need to call again to have it brought in? We board on NYE and I would like my little one to get a nap in as early as possible so we can stay up late that night.

Also, what is the earliest that I can go up to the spa to request a weekly pass? And what time is the earliest we should take kids to check in at Camp Carnival (may not leave them right away, but do we need to check them in?) Thanks.

Hi, I will be on the Dream (Eastern) in a few weeks. I was wondering how the weather is at night, walking about the ship. Is a light sweater or wrap ok, or is something heavier needed. Just trying to figure out what I'm packing!

Thanks!

The first night might be cool since you're in middle Florida weather, but as you get closer to Nassau, the weather should be nice and warm...and definitely for the other two islands it will be nice and warm...and humid..as well as the two sea days coming back to Florida.

Hi, I will be on the Dream (Eastern) in a few weeks. I was wondering how the weather is at night, walking about the ship. Is a light sweater or wrap ok, or is something heavier needed. Just trying to figure out what I'm packing!

Thanks!

Have you found our roll call for this cruise. Lots of us over there!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1339549&page=41

Willowbea - my husband and I sail on 10/15/11 and will be in this room (11244). I will post pictures and give you more information when we get back.

Thanks so much. Really looking forward hearing from you. I hope you have a great time on your cruise. Only 8 more days luckily you.:)

Edited by willowbea

Anyone have a picture of one of the L-shaped rooms....we have 8465 and 8469 and are hoping also that the divider can be opened between us for an even larger balcony....anyone know if it can be?

According to cruise deck plans dot com, 8469 does not have a connection to any other balcony 8465's balcony partion connects to 8461.

You can check here: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/dream/CabinDescriptions/DRverandah8.html

Sharon

Hmmm....what does that mean it doesn't connect to anything? Does it just mean that the partition just doesn't open? We are last cabin before the wrap and our friends are one ahead of us in 8465......we were hoping to open the balcony between us.

It also says a SOFA and I read on another thread that the l-shapped rooms do not have sofa's or chairs.....got to sit on bed.

Usually, the L-shaped rooms don't have sofas, but in those cases, they will have a chair. It looks like at least your L-shaped room will have a sofa. Since the Dream is a larger/wider than previous classes, maybe there was more room to fit a sofa in. It could possibly be one of the loveseat-size sofas, like we had in our L-shaped 1A room on the Triumph.

I guess your balconies don't connect. Not all do. I don't understand the hows and whys regarding which ones are able to open and which ones don't have that as an option.

Edited by k2excursion

Hmmm....what does that mean it doesn't connect to anything? Does it just mean that the partition just doesn't open? We are last cabin before the wrap and our friends are one ahead of us in 8465......we were hoping to open the balcony between us.

Here is the info per the goccl.com website:

8465 8C 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 8461

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

8469 8C 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and large balcony Balcony partition connects to: none

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

No sofa listed and it looks like it won't connect either...

I have a cabin on Verandah deck. Is there much noise around the elevator? Dosen't really matter , looking forward to cruising next summer!!

You may hear the dinging of the elevator, depending on if there is something to block out that noise. But it's not like it's a loud ding, especially from inside your room. Other than that, it just depends on how respectful your neighbors are, when coming back to their rooms late at night. I've had a couple noisy ones, but most are respectful.