All things Dream!

a3593

Looking for people's thoughts on the various balcony staterooms on the Dream. We are looking at taking the Dec. 8 cruise and want to book a balcony. There will be three of us in the cabin. Anyone ever stayed in one of the Aft balconies?

Thanks for any info.

just got off the Dream on saturday and I did notice the ship rocking but honestly it wasn't that bad. I was in room 9456 (4 from the back of the ship) and the only night the rocking was bad was Friday night as we were making our way back to Port Canaveral. I had noticed that several nights they were showing winds in the 60-70+ kilometers per hour. which equals out to roughly 40+mph winds. It was a gentle rocking that I noticed occassionally.

For those of you who are wondering...we made it to Roatan :D

We just booked an Aft balcony on the Vista Deck. Any thoughts? We're on the Dec. 8 cruise that goes to the Western Caribbean.

I didn't have an aft view but I was 4 away from the back and I loved it. Granted we did hear the chairs above us moving occasionally...we were below the aft bar, but nothing that would keep us up at night. We didn't feel alot of movement like I had read about with being in the back and on a higher deck. My only complaint was that my room was in the middle of a large family who liked to run up and down the hall and yell to each others balcony. And there was another family who had the 2 insides across from my balcony booked as well. Other than that, I would book another room on the Vista deck at the back again.

We were on the Carnival Freedom two years ago, and the burger spot was open late (11:30pm to 1:00am). Does anyone know if it's the same on the Dream? I do love a late-night burger.

they had a burgers, fries, and hotdogs available late at night earlier this month.

We arrive MCO at 1030 the day of the cruise. We plan to rent a car (Budget) and drive to Cape Canaveral. Drop the car and take a shuttle from Budget to the Ship. Do we have enough time?

How long will this take?

Any info on doing the transportation this way is needed.

Thanks

Hi a3593- we had a porthole room on Deck 1 with 2 bathrooms on our first Carnival cruise and I loved it! We had a window seat and it was so cool to watch the ocean and the spindrift from the waves - you'll love it and the noise was non existent (we were by the embarkation ramp). Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Booked on the Dream for April 14th in a Cove Balcony stateroom, heading to the Western Caribbean!! :D It's been a while so if there is anything that anyone wants to add or suggest, I am open for it. Our last cruise was on the Sensation back in '94. We thought that ship was huge. Cannot wait to stand next to the Dream when we arrive. Keep this thread going....full of useful information and tips.

Edited by cruisebug1970
Wrong date.

we will be on the dream 5/5/2012 we booked a balcony on the 9th deck mid ship. is that a good cabin. this is our first cruise.

You might want to compare deck 9 deck plans with deck 10 and line up your cabin and see what is above yours. Pool areas and eating areas can sometimes be noisy when they are cleaning and moving chairs. Oth:Derwise this is a great deck to be on. Have fun!

We were in 9363 on the January 21, 2012 cruise. The noise was awful. The only balcony staterooms available when I booked were on Deck 9. I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad but it was. It would start about 6am with the rolling carts, then it sounded like they were playing catch with 40 lb. bags of cement. It wasn't bad at night though, so we were able to get to sleep. It's just that we had to get up early like it or not.

looking to book the carnival dream in sept. Only cruised once before on royal caribean. How much are the childrens soda packets. Can you get adults packages and if not how much is it for a beer or a lager as we say in the uk. Can you dine anytime or do you have set times and is there a buffet if you dont want to use the restaurant. Also can you bring drinks onto the ship with you. Is there lots for the kids to do. We are doing the mexico route is it nice. Thanks Diane.

How much are the childrens soda packets. Can you get adults packages and if not how much is it for a beer or a lager as we say in the uk.

From what I am told..

Child Rate Per Day $4.50 (17 years of age and younger)

Adult Rate Per Day $6.00 (18 years of age and older)

Liquor prices via the Bon Voyage (beer prices same as on ship) must call the Bon Voyage to get these delivered to your room. You can order 4 bottles. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/bv_liquor.htm offers info and a price list.

Can you dine anytime or do you have set times and is there a buffet if you dont want to use the restaurant.

Early, late and Any time seating available, as are special restaurant and the buffet. Or, grab a pizza and eat on the deck!

Also can you bring drinks onto the ship with you.

You can bring 1 bottle of 750ml wine with you per adult, as well as "reasonable amounts of non-alcohol, unopened bottles or cans" but these must be in carry on luggage. We bring 1 bottle of wine, 1 12pk, 1 case water per adult.

Is there lots for the kids to do. We are doing the mexico route is it nice. Thanks Diane.

Yes, tons.

First cruise so I'm wondering if someone can help me. Will Carnival let people carry around FRS' (walkie talkie's)? I've heard of some cruise lines lot allowing people to "because they interfere with cruise ship navigation". Others on boards say they're fine. Just want the kids to be able to find us when needed.

Secondly, am wondering about hooking into the TV in our rooms. Has anyone hooked up their video camera/own dvd player to the TV in their room via RCA's? Anything special I need to connect into the TV? Is it worth bringing our compact DVD player for the kids as they tend to wake up extremely early?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 1 month later...