All things Dream!

a3593

When we got the wine it was in a "bottle" with a twist off cap! Would have been better if they had put it in a decanter and brought that way. Cap smelled "wonderful".... lol

Haha...I'll be sure and make a show of smelling it... Too funny!;)

We did the taste bar three different nights. Supposedly, the food was from different areas of the ship. The first night was from the Blue Iguana and one night was from the Steak house. We would slip by at 5:30, grab a sample and then mosey down for early seating. There was plenty of time. The food is already ready and you just go up and they serve it to you on a little plate. My husband loved the barbeque like chicken from the Blue Iguana, and the short ribs from the steak house. It was like having a little appetizer before we went into dinner.

thanks for your info sounds like something to hit up a couple times

Bindy1 there's plenty to choose from for lunch other than the buffet. They have a homemade pizza place that's open all the time. There's also have the normal burger place by the pool and it's open most of the time the buffet is open. The pasta bar and the Thai BBQ are usually open when the buffet is open. And don't forget the sandwich place, their hot pastrami sandwiches are awesome. :)

How do the burgers on Dream compare to Guy's burgers? In our past cruises I don't remember the burgers from the grill being nearly as good as the greasy burgers from Guy's. I was hoping for something other than pizza and a sandwich. :(

Edited by bindy1

They aren't as good as "Guys" but they do have grilled onions and mushrooms to put on the burgers which really adds to the flavor. And the pizza place will make homemade Stromboli for you if you ask and it's great. :) And don't underestimate the sandwich place either. It's not your normal sandwiches. They are many hot fresh made to order sandwiches. They even have a press for homemade panini's. We asked for our own custom made hot pressed sandwiches in the panini press and they had no problem doing it for us. ;) But my teenage daughter swears that the grilled cheese with double the cheese is "the bomb."

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, but just wondering if the Dream has the new pizza (wood fired type thin crust) a la Pizza Pirate, or if it's Carnival's standard fare? I saw some pictures on a recently 2.0 upgraded ship and it looked pretty fantastic.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, but just wondering if the Dream has the new pizza (wood fired type thin crust) a la Pizza Pirate, or if it's Carnival's standard fare? I saw some pictures on a recently 2.0 upgraded ship and it looked pretty fantastic.

We were on Dream last week and it was the first time I have had pizza on there in all 6 of our Dream cruises. It was the thin crust kind and I had the mushroom pizza and it was really good. I asked for 2 slices and went to get a sandwich for DH and by the time I got back, the pizza was done.

The man making the pizza asked me if I wanted to have the whole 4 slice pizza, but I only wanted two slices. This was one night at dinner time because we didn't feel like going to the MDR.

If I had realized how good it was, I might have had more of it during the week!

Does anyone know if the doors are metal? Would love to make door decorations but am wondering how to put them up. Tape scares me a little because I wouldn't want to mess up the paint on the door

Our Dream cabin door was metal and a magnetic message board stuck to it just fine. On the Fascination, I don't know about the doors but we used a small amount of colored duct tape to decorate our door and it came off fine with no residue or paint removal.

Edited by Sylphy
add quote

LPut and Karin -- Have a super happy fun time! Let me know about the pizza! Jealous you get to Dream a few months before me. Wife and I sailed her a couple years back and LOVED it, now excited to see her after the (partial) 2.0 upgrades.

Hi everyone!

My friend and I will be on the Dream, 2/23- doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary (Nassau, sea day, St. Thomas, St. Maartan, sea day, sea day, home). We have a few questions that I know can be answered easily by the people reading this thread. So, here goes...

1. We would like to eat at the Steakhouse at least one night during the cruise. But we don't like to miss those MDR meals with the better food. So, can anyone tell me what days you would see the following food on the menu?

These two usually on the same menu/day:

* broiled maine lobster tail and jumbo black tiger shrimp

* tender roasted prime rib of american beef au jus

These are on the same menu/day:

* new england crab cake (starter)

These are on separate menus/days:

* escargot (starter) - I know they were not serving these

for a while, as they were becoming hard-to-get. But I

believe that they are now back on the menu.

* petite filet mignon and braised boneless short-rib

2. We always use the "luggage express" when made available. It is the best $20 we ever spend. I read that this service is available on the Dream to MCO (Orlando International Airport). However, there is a minimum earliest flight time that qualifies for this service. (In Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, it is Noon. So those people who have 11:45am flights out would not be able to use the "luggage express" option.) Does anyone know what the earliest flight time for those wanting to use the option out of Port Canaveral (to MCO). My flight leaves at 1:40pm, and my friend's flight leaves at 2:00pm.

3. We are flying in the day before, staying in Cocoa Beach near the pier. We will be renting a car at the airport and returning it to Port Canaveral the next day. On the way back from the ship, we are going to do a shuttle (but NOT the Carnival shuttle). Does anyone have any experience with any of the shuttle services and can provide recommendations or "warnings"? We are thinking about making a reservation with Travelynx.

Thank you in advance for reading this post through and providing us with any information you have.

Thanks,

Lois (lp3556)

Hi everyone!

My friend and I will be on the Dream, 2/23- doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary (Nassau, sea day, St. Thomas, St. Maartan, sea day, sea day, home). We have a few questions that I know can be answered easily by the people reading this thread. So, here goes...

1. We would like to eat at the Steakhouse at least one night during the cruise. But we don't like to miss those MDR meals with the better food. So, can anyone tell me what days you would see the following food on the menu?

2. We always use the "luggage express" when made available. It is the best $20 we ever spend. I read that this service is available on the Dream to MCO (Orlando International Airport). However, there is a minimum earliest flight time that qualifies for this service. (In Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, it is Noon. So those people who have 11:45am flights out would not be able to use the "luggage express" option.) Does anyone know what the earliest flight time for those wanting to use the option out of Port Canaveral (to MCO). My flight leaves at 1:40pm, and my friend's flight leaves at 2:00pm.

3. We are flying in the day before, staying in Cocoa Beach near the pier. We will be renting a car at the airport and returning it to Port Canaveral the next day. On the way back from the ship, we are going to do a shuttle (but NOT the Carnival shuttle). Does anyone have any experience with any of the shuttle services and can provide recommendations or "warnings"? We are thinking about making a reservation with Travelynx.

Thank you in advance for reading this post through and providing us with any information you have.

Thanks,

Lois (lp3556)

The first night prime rib is served is Sunday night, the first elegant night. The other night prime rib is served is Friday night, the last night. I don't remember which night the filet/short ribs is served. If you search menus on google, Zydecocruiser's menus will show up. His menus are in the order that they are served on Carnival Dream. I want to say that I think they are served on day 3 or day 4, which, to me, are the weakest night dinners and we choose one of those nights for our second night at the steakhouse. We usually go the first night as they give a free bottle of wine with dinner.

We have used Travelynx many times. We have had them pick us and family/friends at our home and take us to the port and on the way back some have been dropped off at the airport and the rest dropped off at our home. They are always reliable and provide excellent service. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi everyone!

Thanks,

Lois (lp3556)

I was on the Dream December 15, and the lobster tail/shrimp was on the first formal night (Sunday), the prime rib was on Friday night (the last night), they didn't have the escargot when we sailed, but had frog legs one night (yuk)- the second formal night was Thursday, and they had Chateaubriand - I honestly don't remember what night they had the filet migon/short rib - I would almost do the Steakhouse on the first night, because I hear you get a complimentary bottle of wine that night!

We had arrangements with Beachline to pick us up, and they didn't show up, so Travelynx picked us up - so - I would recommend Travelynx, at least they are dependable! (Beachline was arranged thru our hotel, Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach) -

I don't know anything about your luggage question -

Does anyone have a list of the airlines that participate in luggage express for the dream out of MCO. Especially looking to see if Virgin America is eligible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

My family will be sailing on the Dream on March 9, 2013, and we're very excited! I was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels near Port Canaveral that let you park your car there and shuttle you to the terminal. We had a hotel that provided this in Charleston when we went on the Fantasy, and we really liked it. Thanks!

My family will be sailing on the Dream on March 9, 2013, and we're very excited! I was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels near Port Canaveral that let you park your car there and shuttle you to the terminal. We had a hotel that provided this in Charleston when we went on the Fantasy, and we really liked it. Thanks!

I know that the Radisson of Cocoa Beach does, but I believe most other hotels in the area do as well. I'd call and ensure they do if you are looking for something other than the Radisson.